Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

Pop-a-911-ster 22,771

i really hope LG7 will be released soon because i’m obsessed with the snippets :giveup:

her best album is coming iktr :giveup:

• paws up 2
  • love 3

Pop-a-911-ster 39,334
On 8/4/2024 at 9:54 AM, Miaou said:

I hope Gaga will make music for what she wants for the rest of her career and don’t listen to her stans who represent less than 1% of her total listeners 

if she trusts her talent it’s a win for us

People also need to stop pretending like they know what will and won’t be successful. No one would’ve bet that Charli XCX would be having the defining album of Sumer 2024 but here we are.

people seriously act like they everything when in reality they know absolutely nothing 

• paws up 6
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 12,824
On 8/4/2024 at 1:32 PM, danwasd said:

*Crash :enigma:

Reveal hidden contents

if me mistaking the name wasn't evidence of my point tho :arguega:

I like this comparison 
We can’t predict what will smash, but it looks like fortune favours the bold. So far, we can all agree Katy’s lifetimes is looking like it’ll be pulling 90k streams after a year and smash only on Capital FM UK :billie:

Popster to Popster 3,703
On 8/4/2024 at 8:40 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

She already did that with Chromatica, the songs are literally made for playlisting and radio and well… same for that diamonds and dollars album by Ava no one is streaming. Rena and BRAT are praised for going all in, and they clearly engaged Gen Z better. I didn’t see Charli or Bey go on SNL or Kimmel to achieve this.

Don’t confuse being uncool/untrendy with not being safe - it clearly isn’t working in 2024.

The logic stops when you compare BRAT to Renaissance. Different contexts, different audiences. And don't try to push the narrative that Renaissance was a huge success, we know it wasn't.

Popster to Popster 3,703
On 8/4/2024 at 10:36 AM, Leptine said:

Everytime this fanbase claimed something was 'non-commercial and off the chart', it was embraced by the GP and viceversa, if anything let her experimenting, nobody would have thought that a song like 'Bloody Mary' would have been embraced by the GP and it happened 11 years later from release.

Plus claiming to scrap material based on some low quality snippets sound absurd to me, at least wait to hear the whole thing.

Not you comparing Bloody Mary (a song with structure and chorus) with those bad french snippets. Bloody Mary has always been a BTW favorite of mine since 2011 and I always knew that at some point the song would shine to the world.

Popstanne 8,166

Honestly it’s time for her to go all in a direction without caring about being “radio-friendly” since radio would drop her past 6-10 weeks regardless 

If she pursues a sound and executes it well, acclaim will be there and commercial success might follow too

• paws up 7
  • thanks 2
  • yaas, gaga 5
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 4,016
On 8/4/2024 at 11:13 PM, Osama said:

The logic stops when you compare BRAT to Renaissance. Different contexts, different audiences. And don't try to push the narrative that Renaissance was a huge success, we know it wasn't.

Renaissance n brat both are not trendy records n 94 woc is not considered a success now? you are such a weird hater i dont understand your logic 

What do you want from gaga? Another safe record like chromatica? Well that didn't work for her she doesn't shine in that type of music 

And whats with "oh lg-7 snippets doesn't sound radio friendly" who told you they are radio single tracks? They very well are deep cuts thats understandable by the snippets

Dance in the shadows which she teased sounded like a single which can be catered ti radios 

She is smart enough to differentiate singles worthy tracks to experimental deepcuts 

Acting like albums like born this way, tfm doesn't have government hooker, teeth like weird sounding experience bops 

Thats her zone, GAGA is the brand weird bops thats what made her standout in first place 

On 8/4/2024 at 11:19 PM, Osama said:

Not you comparing Bloody Mary (a song with structure and chorus) with those bad french snippets. Bloody Mary has always been a BTW favorite of mine since 2011 and I always knew that at some point the song would shine to the world.

She teased a 10 sec snippet my God you are unbearable 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,016
On 8/4/2024 at 11:26 PM, Thrasher said:

Honestly it’s time for her to go all in a direction without caring about being “radio-friendly” since radio would drop her past 6-10 weeks regardless 

If she pursues a sound and executes it well, acclaim will be there and commercial success might follow too

Her last radio hit was in 2013 so i think radios esp in USA should be least of her concern and its 2024 

the Era of single carried album are gone now all she needs is a full body of work which is equally consumed outside the singles like xcx did with brat 

Radios are least important now 

Popster to Popster 4,016
On 8/4/2024 at 10:02 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

:giveup:

I dont like the lack of gagas presence in the promos esp by warner bros 

hope she is at good amount in the press tour and the movie itself otherwise todd Phillips will see me in the court

A Popster Is Born 12,824
On 8/4/2024 at 7:10 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Renaissance n brat both are not trendy records n 94 woc is not considered a success now? you are such a weird hater i dont understand your logic 

What do you want from gaga? Another safe record like chromatica? Well that didn't work for her she doesn't shine in that type of music 

Much like with BRAT, Rena went in production focus, initial heavy support by gays translating to TikTok and then the rest is history. There’s similarities to be drawn - were not being haters and we don’t need to keep reiterating our love for Chromatica to excuse our takes  People like @Osama would rather blame Bobby and not the actual for why an album full of Eurovision fodder would tank :billie:

But for the longest time now Gaga has struggled to serve fans and GP. It’s not truly happened since 2013. 

• lol 1

Popstanne 9,711

Spotify WW:

56. Lady Gaga who haven't served since 2013

--- Meanwhile their faves ---

57.  Beyonce with smash albums since Chromatica

153. Britney Spears

Some fans need to mind their business and stream their fave's music instead of catering on Gaga's forum

• paws up 10