Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

Pop-a-911-ster 31,814

It sounds really interesting and creative wow 🤩 

good luck to charts tho :katy:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 3,703
On 7/28/2024 at 8:51 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Ahh okay thank you! I was having some trouble deciphering that!!! I honestly love the snippets for the sake that it sounds so different than what Gaga has done before… a more hyperpop/hard rock sound with vibes of ARTPOP/BTW.

Im so glad Gaga is sharing snippets with us like this..,really feels like the olds days. :giveup: seems like she’s really proud and confident this era

Last time she leaked snippets and had this sound was on artpop... :awkney:

Popster to Popster 3,703
On 7/28/2024 at 9:03 PM, Max_Vandeburg said:

who cares about radio in 2024 

Everyone on this thread? The same ones who pretend not to care about success are the same ones who call her a fad (even if ironically). :awkney: 

The Fame Popster 378

US Radio didn't even touch radio friendly songs like SL and ROM which were played all over radio in Europe because Interscope is known for not playing the radio payola game. (As they always pull the plug as soon as initial callouts come in which are seen as poor). Hell, even Shallow and MR didn't have initial stellar callout scores and they needed viral moments like the Oscars and the Superbowl to get reserviced to radio.

Gaga's songs are known to need time to grow on radio for better callout scores and Interscope does not allow this to happen that easily.

Gaga should focus on her musical evolution and other platforms like TikTok and try not to pander to US radio. Because even the former is more susceptible for unconventional and experimental sounds.

Edited by nattuggla89
  • paws up 8

Moderator 7,938
On 7/29/2024 at 8:47 AM, boobatella said:

the snippets sound sick :giveup:

NOW WE NEED A RELEASE DATE MISS GAGA

Maybe you should take it to the doctor then! ;)

• lol 3

ARTPOPster 1,238

This sound really interesting. I love when she is experimenting with sound.

It's kinda rock-industrial-techno

And it really sound like the weeknd on the end.

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,697
On 7/29/2024 at 6:50 AM, nattuggla89 said:

US Radio didn't even touch radio friendly songs like SL and ROM which were played all over radio in Europe because Interscope is known for not playing the radio payola game. (As they always pull the plug as soon as initial callouts come in which are seen as poor). Hell, even Shallow and MR didn't have initial stellar callout scores and they needed viral moments like the Oscars and the Superbowl to get reserviced to radio.

Gaga's songs are known to need time to grow on radio for better callout scores and Interscope does not allow this to happen that easily.

Gaga should focus on her musical evolution and other platforms like TikTok and try not to pander to US radio. Because even the former is more susceptible for unconventional and experimental sounds.

Charli pandered to radio with Crash and we all saw how that turned out. Fast forward to Brat and it's another example of how quality pays off. And Gaga has a insanely larger platform to launch the era off of. She needs to show she can still reinvent herself and her sound and push herself further. These snippets sound just like that, I'm so over the moon with them. 

Even if the album doesn't smash this is the type of career move that gets you longevity (and I'm so happy this is the direction, regardless). MDNA'd attempts at emulating the radio-friendly sound do more harm than good. 

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,814

honestly I don't care about debut numbers I just want LONGEVITY for this era 

• paws up 5

Popster for Sale 44,697
On 7/29/2024 at 9:01 AM, Miaou said:

honestly I don't care about debut numbers I just want LONGEVITY for this era 

if the quality of those snippets is kept up throughout the whole album I think we will have that :giveup:

Spoiler

but I need to be #humble of course

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popstanne 8,166

The snippet sound good and exciting!

I don’t think it’s something that would smash but honestly it would be good if she takes a direction and goes there fully, considering how ARTPOP, Joanne and Chromatica were all kinda prevented from that since she had to maintain a more appealing sound  

Also out of x tracks I’m sure there would still be something radio friendly that can serve as a single 

Now where’s the date miss Gagz though… ENOUGH with the wait 

Pop-a-911-ster 31,814

"DeadpoolAndWolverine on track to finish about $5M HIGHER than studio estimates. Drop from SAT will only be around 15% for about $52M+. 3-day of $210M would be 6th biggest opening wknd #boxoffice of all-time with all being from #MCU or #StarWars."

:rip:

Pop-a-911-ster 28,932
x3

"DeadpoolAndWolverine on track to finish about $5M HIGHER than studio estimates. Drop from SAT will only be around 15% for about $52M+. 3-day of $210M would be 6th biggest opening wknd #boxoffice of all-time with all being from #MCU or #StarWars."

:rip:

A Popster Is Born 10,494

Love what I heard from the snippets it's so originl LG5 / scrapped Boys Noize collabs coded.

Maybe we'll finally get that dark industrial / techno album from Gaga :oscar:

Edited by Moonlight Shadow