Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

Moderator 7,935

anyone else watching the olympics? whats broadcasting in your country atm?

Here I've seen Rowing, Judo and some swimming. Now they show Badminton :)

Popster for Sale 44,686
On 7/27/2024 at 10:16 AM, BenG said:

She saved the show tbh

The ceremony lacked an overarching narrative and felt patchy with lots of fillers

No need to bring Epione into this 

• lol 4

Popster for Sale 44,686

Watched the performance so many times. It gets better each time but the camera work did her so dirty. When she serves a pelvic thrust after playing piano and the camera almost instantly pans out to a close shot of her upper body instead of focusing on that moment. :toofunny:

Like all that build-up for what? They fumbled so hard. Mother ate though. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • sad 2

Moderator 7,935

:legend:

To be fair I'm not the biggest Madonna fan but she has bops and I have respect for what she's achieved!

• paws up 3
  • love 3

Popster for Sale 57,204
On 7/27/2024 at 9:57 AM, Miaou said:

For Twitter are you sure ? 
On TikTok/Instragram/Facebook/french medias they mostly talk about Celine, tiktokers are praising so much Celine and don’t talk a lot about Gaga :enigma:

Yeah on TV the public reactions were all about Céline

There was only a Gaga stan who said she preferred that 

• thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 10,477
On 7/27/2024 at 11:36 AM, Fame Romance said:

Yeah on TV the public reactions were all about Céline

There was only a Gaga stan who said she preferred that 

Totally objectively Gaga was a bit underwelming tbh, as a fan we deeply know this performance is far from being part of her bests. It was good but just not that big.

Celine's performance had the vocals, the big return impact on her side, and the visual with the Paris views from Eiffel tower at night, the light, the big fire baloon in the sky. 

I'm glad people enjoyed Gaga's performance though

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,686

Parris Goebel commented and liked Gaga's first Olympic post on insta :cupid:

Have they ever worked together? Fingers crossed she's Gaga's new choreographer

Popster to Popster 3,703
On 7/27/2024 at 6:50 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Totally objectively Gaga was a bit underwelming tbh, as a fan we deeply know this performance is far from being part of her bests. It was good but just not that big.

Who's "we"? You don't speak for everyone. :awkney: I particularly loved the performance, much better than if she had sung La Vie En Rose for the thousandth time or done a boring jazz number on the piano.

A Popster Is Born 10,477
On 7/27/2024 at 11:58 AM, Osama said:

Who's "we"? You don't speak for everyone. :awkney: I particularly loved the performance, much better than if she had sung La Vie En Rose for the thousandth time or done a boring jazz number on the piano.

Most people I know didn't really liked. Even my mom who deeply love Lady Gaga find it was a bit underwhelming for her standards so yeah :enigma: Maybe because we are French ? Don't know, there’s just not huge wow effect here in France

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,686
On 7/27/2024 at 10:58 AM, Osama said:

I agree. It was something different and I'll take it, much more interesting than her 100384th "oh she can sing" moment (which at this point everybody knows it). Could it have been executed better? Yes. But she was never going to compete with Celine belting a power-ballad after her illness/hiatus/documentary. This was a good choice of performance. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 2
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,813
On 7/27/2024 at 11:50 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Celine's performance had the vocals, the big return impact on her side, and the visual with the Paris views from Eiffel tower at night, the light, the big fire baloon in the sky. 

I'm glad people enjoyed Gaga's performance though

Yeah Gaga should’ve sang Dalida like Mourir sur Scène or La vie en Rose :enigma:

to show again her impressive vocals :bradley:

with Mon Truc en Plume there is nothing special for her performance 

so I’m not surprised people are disappointed with her performance 

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 900
On 7/27/2024 at 5:55 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Parris Goebel commented and liked Gaga's first Olympic post on insta :cupid:

Have they ever worked together? Fingers crossed she's Gaga's new choreographer

I remembered that there were a rumor about her becoming the new choreographer of gaga few months ago? 
and I've noticed that gaga collaborated with new dancers this time, maybe Richy has left for good:enigma:

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,686
On 7/27/2024 at 11:17 AM, Gabi said:

I remembered that there were a rumor about her becoming the new choreographer of gaga few months ago? 
and I've noticed that gaga collaborated with new dancers this time, maybe Richy has left for good:enigma:

Yeah supposedly she didn't but it was because she collabed with choregraphers and dancers from the french olympics. It is still unknown if Parris Goebel is going to work with her but eariler this year she started liking and commenting Gaga's stuff when (I think) they've never previously worked together or interacted. Fingers crossed. 

Popster This Way 900
On 7/27/2024 at 6:14 PM, Miaou said:

Yeah Gaga should’ve sang Dalida like Mourir sur Scène or La vie en Rose :enigma:

to show again her impressive vocals :bradley:

with Mon Truc en Plume there is nothing special for her performance 

so I’m not surprised people are disappointed with her performance 

Saying people are disappointed is a little bit overreacted tho, I feel like people outside of France still generally enjoy the show. Maybe French people are too familiar with this song and its performance set to really be wowed by the arrangement, for people like us who never heard this song before it's definitely a breath of fresh air during the whole ceremony

• thanks 2

Popster This Way 653
On 7/27/2024 at 12:22 PM, Gabi said:

Saying people are disappointed is a little bit overreacted tho, I feel like people outside of France still generally enjoy the show. Maybe French people are too familiar with this song and its performance set to really be wowed by the arrangement, for people like us who never heard this song before it's definitely a breath of fresh air during the whole ceremony

In Spain, the majority of comments I've read online, are saying the same about Gaga's performance: underwhelming, lackluster, disappointing, mediocre, or simply bad.

• paws up 2

Moderator 17,119
On 7/27/2024 at 12:33 PM, XXXlop said:

In Spain, the majority of comments I've read online, are saying the same about Gaga's performance: underwhelming, lackluster, disappointing, mediocre, or simply bad.

German media mostly focuses on the fact that it wasn't a live performance

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,686
On 7/27/2024 at 11:22 AM, Gabi said:

Yeah I've seen mostly positive reactions. Then again I'm not scurrying for the internet looking for comments.

Popster for Sale 41,795

Her performance wasn’t underwhelming. But it wasn’t particularly exciting either. 

• paws up 6