Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

A Popster Is Born 10,008
On 7/23/2024 at 4:41 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

This is the last one. Hopefully it's a marketing thing and she's not actually just supporting. 

How do you know it’s the final trailer?

A Popster Is Born 11,830
On 7/23/2024 at 8:27 PM, Emi said:

Even Aguileros are dragging Katycats :nickiha:

Your Body is a certified BOP :giveup:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 5

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 7/23/2024 at 5:20 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

She's big and one of the focuses of the movie, 100% sure. I mean the folie à deux thing is also about Harley.

That said I feel like we may overestimate her screen time a bit. Let's not forget they filmed +1 month before Gaga joined the filming. I'm not saying that means much but it could explain the 'supporting' status. Could see her having less time screen than what she got in ASIB and HOG, mainly because Joker has already a lot to tell about Arthur character and more.

In December until mid January they didn't film much from what I recall since there was also Xmas holidays in the middle, her filming later could be because her character get more traction and scenes in the second part of the movie, we know 20 songs will be performed and from the trailer we basically saw almost nothing related to the musical aspect.

I think it's very unlikely that Gaga after 2 successful lead roles for which she got awards recognition booked a supporting role for her third movie after a 3 years break, not that there's something of less value in a supporting role (all actors do those and they can be more outstanding than lead roles), but it just doesn't make sense to me in the way Gaga is handling her acting career so far also timetable wise with 3 years break between roles.

I think this trailer focused mainly on Joker character because they still need to sell this movie to general audience of incels who love the first one, so they went with focusing on the same elements of the first one, the reaction of the general audience is very positive indeed.

• paws up 4

Popster This Way 900
On 7/24/2024 at 10:16 AM, OliverDespechao said:

GTNzQcRXYAASlsI?format=jpg&name=900x900

it debuted with 85% :dead:

Is it good or panned? Sorry I know nothing about the scores:laughga:

A Popster Is Born 10,473
On 7/24/2024 at 6:10 AM, Gabi said:

Is it good or panned? Sorry I know nothing about the scores:laughga:

Certified fresh with 79% and +139 reviews is pretty strong score

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • shook 1

A Popster Is Born 17,901
On 7/24/2024 at 12:39 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Certified fresh with 79% and +139 reviews is pretty strong score

I mean yeah that's good but tbh I was expecting a 90+ score :icant: 

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375

Streets saying Ice Spice promo single debuted higher than Katy's lead :billie:

The better song won I fear

Spoiler

Tho a minute and a half song with a man featured was a choice

Moderator 7,902

Now it does make more sense to me that gaga will perform at the Olympics opening. Ofcourse its to promote the movie! :cm:

• love 1

A Popster Is Born 10,473

On 7/24/2024 at 11:48 AM, Dirkje said:

Now it does make more sense to me that gaga will perform at the Olympics opening. Ofcourse its to promote the movie! :cm:

She will be eaten up by Celine Dion in press exposure if she's performing at the same event. Especially if Gaga is only performing random cover. It's basically already happening with Celine being in Paris, the press is only about her. Celine being back after what happened is a huge event especially here in France 

Moderator 7,902
On 7/24/2024 at 11:55 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

She will be eaten up by Celine Dion in press exposure if she's performing at the same event. Especially if Gaga is only performing random cover. It's basically already happening with Celine being in Paris, the press is only about her. Celine being back after what happened is a huge event especially here in France 

I understand. However this is Lady Gaga we’re talking about. Ofcourse she will steal the show when she’s on! 

I believe in my queen!

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,473
On 7/24/2024 at 11:58 AM, Dirkje said:

I understand. However this is Lady Gaga we’re talking about. Ofcourse she will steal the show when she’s on! 

I believe in my queen!

Honestly nobody has the impact of Celine Dion in France as international force. Trust me Gaga performing at the same event as Celine Dion is trully a very bad idea if she wants press coverage. Unless she's planning a huge performance of her music with some kind of gimmicks.

The best is closing event, she will have full spotlight for anything she has planned 

Edited by Moonlight Shadow