Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

Popster to Popster 3,702
On 7/21/2024 at 2:28 PM, ViviLittleM said:

both NRO and HIH are bigger than SL on Spotify...

Both released a year before SL. NRO was helped by being placed next to Senorita in playlists when the latter was being the most listened to song in the world with 9M daily streams + her cameo on Taylor's You Need To Calm Down video which gave the song a boost on Spotify at the time. HIH has a good amount of streams due to going viral on tiktok. SL is not included in any of the cases and was released at the beginning of the pandemic, which greatly harmed the promotion of the song.

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375
On 7/21/2024 at 7:28 PM, ViviLittleM said:

both NRO and HIH are bigger than SL on Spotify...

I thought we all agred already the songs that were released 1,5 years before and explicitly marketed as standalone singles dont count

Edited by Andreu
  • paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,702
On 7/21/2024 at 2:56 PM, ViviLittleM said:

one year won't change the tragic SL streams hun

Who tf cares girl, the only one of the three to be immortalized as Top 5 on the Hot 100 was Stupid Love, now let's go back to the present.

• thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster This Way 653
On 7/21/2024 at 2:29 PM, Andreu said:

The way WW is making Daisies look like a smash :applause:

Daises actually was a good song, deserved way better...

A Popster Is Born 13,397
On 7/21/2024 at 11:26 PM, ViviLittleM said:

one year won't change the tragic SL streams hun

It also won’t change the fact that NRO and HIH are standalone singles that were added to Smile later to make it look like less of a flop 

• paws up 7
  • thanks 5

Popstanne 9,703
On 7/22/2024 at 12:45 AM, Adarsh said:

It also won’t change the fact that NRO and HIH are standalone singles that were added to Smile later to make it look like less of a flop 

the way she has nothing like this for her new era. 143 won't even scan 'Gold' :dead:

• paws up 1
  • sad 1
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 10,471

The fact I think Katy could have got some kind of decent return if she hasn't made some very unpopular and questionable choices this era.

The bad press is trully making everything possible to make her cancelled in public opinion. I don't see anything from this album having any kind of success.

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • sad 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 11,830
On 7/21/2024 at 5:05 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

The fact I think Katy could have got some kind of decent return if she hasn't made some very unpopular and questionable choices this era.

I feel like she was doomed to flop whatever she worked with Dr Luke or not :icant:

Which is sad because I was rooting for her, honestly (before hearing WW of course)

A Popster Is Born 10,471
On 7/21/2024 at 10:10 PM, Doncho said:

I feel like she was doomed to flop whatever she worked with Dr Luke or not :icant:

Which is sad because I was rooting for her, honestly (before hearing WW of course)

Honestly I feel like could have done quite decent, if she had rebranded herself, and making her new content a big return (and of course not returning to Dr.Luke). Not saying she would have smashed, but I certainly think she could have got a song that sticks at least (Chained to the Rythm, NRO type of hit).

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,665
On 7/21/2024 at 6:32 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Nicolas liked a post about full moon

Honestly Nicola always teases stuff and it never turns out that it's a) related to Gaga or b) true

Popster for Sale 44,665
On 7/21/2024 at 3:46 PM, PanPikus said:

Grace confirmed that. It means much more than Gaga's 'soon' for example :laughga:

Not like that's hard :icant:

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,702
On 7/21/2024 at 5:36 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Points are starting to decrease and making top 10 more accessible than a couple months ago

Yes, last month 250 points put you at the bottom of the top 10 and currently puts you at #4 (which is my current bet for the debut of LG7's lead single). I hope it's a good song and that she fights for #1.

• paws up 2