Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

Moderator 8,016
On 7/20/2024 at 2:15 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

The rumour Gaga was in the studio in NYC has been debunked. She was at Soho retaurant, Malibu, not NYC :laughga:

She was actually in the studio in Malibu at Shangri-La. And Brian Newman sharing wasn't meaning anything as he is currently in NYC.

Could the rumor be confused with another alt?

Jk ;)

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,703

US Apple Music (Pop)

#OUT Katy Perry - Woman's World

Not even on a Top 200 genre chart despite being spammed on all main playlists :nickiha:

Pop-a-911-ster 39,338
On 7/19/2024 at 10:34 PM, Aloe said:

If it means she has a higher chance to win then why not :shine: 

On 7/19/2024 at 10:55 PM, Lazz Monster said:

Tbh many have been wondering whether Gaga is actually competing for lead, I don’t mind either way, an acting Oscar is an acting oscar

On 7/19/2024 at 11:33 PM, Ayobabylon said:

On a serious note i dont think she will go for supporting but the new trailer will make it very clear

On 7/20/2024 at 12:32 AM, ViviLittleM said:

Who chooses supporting or lead by the way? If there are votes watch a split

On 7/20/2024 at 3:31 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Totally guessing but if they consider 'supporting actress' for Gaga maybe she's literally supporting Joaquin Phoenix... No shade in what I'm saying but the first teaser trailer is giving those vibes with the movie going in Arthur's mind with Harley jumping in it and giving strenght.

So yeah if she's out of place in 'Lead Actress' she will have zero chance winning it. I'd better see her having bigger chance winning in the right category than losing hard on a wrong one.

A lot of it does come down to how the ACTOR wants to be portrayed. Lily Gladstone could’ve easily been supporting last year and would’ve most likely WON in that category but she wanted to be seen as a leading lady.

and something tells me that even if the role is “supporting Joaquin” Gaga will specifically want Harley to be seen as a leading role in her own right and will therefore want to be submitted as LEAD.

I think it’s all clickbait gossip from Clayton but you never know…the last two years (Michelle Williams for “The Fablemens” & Lily Gladstone for “Killers of the Flower Moon”) have had controversial submissions and we found out about those in September. We’ll know when it debuts at Venice if she’s gonna go lead or supporting is my guess

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,731
On 7/20/2024 at 4:09 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

A lot of it does come down to how the ACTOR wants to be portrayed. Lily Gladstone could’ve easily been supporting last year and would’ve most likely WON in that category but she wanted to be seen as a leading lady.

and something tells me that even if the role is “supporting Joaquin” Gaga will specifically want Harley to be seen as a leading role in her own right and will therefore want to be submitted as LEAD.

I think it’s all clickbait gossip from Clayton but you never know…the last two years (Michelle Williams for “The Fablemens” & Lily Gladstone for “Killers of the Flower Moon”) have had controversial submissions and we found out about those in September. We’ll know when it debuts at Venice if she’s gonna go lead or supporting is my guess

She’ll be the lead in Joker 3!

A Popster Is Born 10,079
On 7/20/2024 at 11:09 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

True, I think she’ll go lead, but more due to her and the studio’s decision than the screen time

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,079
On 7/20/2024 at 11:47 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Honestly they have a point on this

I don’t think they will use this narrative tbh, no matter how good Joaquin is, it’s extremely unlikely they will award him a second time for the same character, which means they’ll focus their campaign on Gaga

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,514
On 7/20/2024 at 4:52 PM, Lazz Monster said:

I don’t think they will use this narrative tbh, no matter how good Joaquin is, it’s extremely unlikely they will award him a second time for the same character, which means they’ll focus their campaign on Gaga

I'm sure they will focus on both Gaga and Joaquin in the promo equally. 

What they meant is that being supporting actor is not something that should be taken as negative or underwhelming. Christian Bale was the Batman as lead but Heath Ledger was the real star of Dark Knight while being supporting actor as Joker. That's often what studio are doing with antagonist roles. Which clearly Harley will be in Folie a Deux

I may be wrong though of course :oops:

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,514
On 7/20/2024 at 5:44 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Gaga has all the power, the studio won’t control how she is submitted. Whatever Gaga wants, Gaga will get 

It's also a question of people competing for lead against her. If she, her team or studio think she will be grabbing that Oscar on lock as supporting actress they will go for this.

I honestly don't see anything bad in this, but I'm sure even if she wins that f-ing Oscars, her fans will meltdown over the fact it's not for lead actress :laughga:

• paws up 1