Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

A Popster Is Born 14,779
On 7/11/2024 at 6:45 PM, Aloe said:

just realized if you blend Stupid Love and We are Family then you’ll get this song :katy:

what is this???? the window breaking cgi :dead:

and we complained about the sliding crystals @BenG :dead:

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 7/11/2024 at 3:17 PM, Stats4LG said:

How did Katy’s single announcement reach 421K likes on Twt but the album announcement only got 157K 

:ohhh:

less than 1k people waiting for the MV and we can't know how many of them are bots :scared:

• lol 3

A Popster Is Born 10,466
On 7/11/2024 at 8:53 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Your prediction for Katy's lead debut on Global Spotify?

mine 4,239,676

2.5/3M and falling hard next week, feel like the anticipation is overrated by her fanbase

Edited by Moonlight Shadow

Pop-a-911-ster 39,257
On 7/11/2024 at 2:23 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Posted one hour ago. They are teasing the closing event with moon emoji

And very brutalist ala Chromatica Ball, but I refused to get hyped. I’m just gonna wait until we actually get something.

the speculation is fun and all but man it gets boring after a while….i can’t believe we got that LG7 snippet all the way back in May…

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 7/11/2024 at 3:41 PM, ViviLittleM said:

isn't it in like 4h?

yep :ally:

ARTPOPster 2,113
On 7/11/2024 at 2:53 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Your prediction for Katy's lead debut on Global Spotify?

mine 4,239,676

Selena Gomez got 2.39m on her latest, and I don't think she'll do much better than that unless she has some massive payola coming.

A Popster Is Born 10,466
On 7/11/2024 at 7:42 PM, Dean Judaster said:

Not putting too much stock on the Olympics thing, but if it does happen, it can be almost like Superbowl-type exposure no? Hope she performs an original of hers, or at least a medley.

If she's trully doing this, let's not forget she will be in France so Shallow / ARUTW will be her piano part 100000% sure. Shallow at Stade de France was such an epic moment during CBT.

She could include 1 or 2 brand new songs with some of her hits as medley

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 2,113

Hate to say it, but I don't think she'd sing her own music in the closing ceremony. If she is part of passing the baton from Paris to Los Angeles, it's going to be Hollywood-inspired... That's Entertainment would work really well...

ARTPOPster 1,609
On 7/11/2024 at 1:19 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Apparently Lady Gaga is in talk to perform at the closure of Olympics in Paris on August 11th. They say it would be in the goal to promote her highly anticipated album.

https://www.purepeople.com/article/ceremonie-des-jo-de-paris-celine-dion-aya-nakamura-et-yseult-attendues-pour-chanter-lors-de-l-ouverture_a525116/1?fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR0IAzoxMFMH6lS1zI18T4i72lv-0U5k-ZZEZO7mejI8NRmCjJ_DndYIEws_aem_rdy5OT6XuqbE75Lnmp7lXw

Could be true, Gaga is huge in France and apparently Dua Lipa has been booked for opening 

Now that I think about it, maybe a LG7 and Joker double release makes sense. After all, they would benefit each other. It's not like Joker has any music they're expecting to do well commercially - unlike ASIB.