Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

Pop-a-911-ster 26,426
On 6/11/2024 at 1:16 PM, Doncho said:

I love how the songs going viral (or semi viral) are the most GAGA ones. Bloody Mary, Government Hooker, Judas. Public is here for the dark bops, as they should :arguega:

And of those 3, 2 are explicitly saying Gaga, which really drives her brand and exposure to whomever is listening.

Also I think it's safe to say her biggest virals all come from BTW

• love 5

Popster This Way 519
On 6/11/2024 at 6:16 PM, Doncho said:

I love how the songs going viral (or semi viral) are the most GAGA ones. Bloody Mary, Government Hooker, Judas. Public is here for the dark bops, as they should :arguega:

We may talk smack about TikTok all we want, but it's incredible how Born This Way has flourished thanks to it (and deservingly so, cause it's a bold album in every single aspect)

• paws up 2
  • love 1

Popster This Way 519

And I am a firm believer that also Chromatica will eventually experience a second wind in the future, cause it's aging like fine wine :cry:

Yes, even Stupid Larva is a BOP, it's time to stop to pretend it isn't

tumblr_of9ppzPdCp1r4ybbgo1_400.gif

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1
  • love 3

Popster This Way 961

Another 100/100 review from "Brat" from PopMatters. Insane. It is back to 90 on AOTY with 28 reviews. I guess the MC score could probably go up to 95?  This is nearing the Fiona Apple-level of acclaim, which is unheard of for gay bops.  

Popster This Way 961

"Brat" is now at 95 on MC:banana:

It is now the 16th most acclaimed album of all time, and the third most acclaimed female album of all time (behind only "Van Lear Rose" by Loretta Lynn and "Fetch the Bolt Cutters" by Fiona Apple).  

• love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,880
On 6/11/2024 at 3:58 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

"Brat" is now at 95 on MC:banana:

It is now the 16th most acclaimed album of all time, and the third most acclaimed female album of all time (behind only "Van Lear Rose" by Loretta Lynn and "Fetch the Bolt Cutters" by Fiona Apple).  

Pop-a-911-ster 26,880

@Camila_Cabello

Spotify Update (Jun. 10)

• "Camila" — 1,105,442 [+7.39%]
• "Romance" — 1,699,016 [+5.95%] :ohhh:
• "Familia" — 571,264 [+13.60%]

• "I LUV IT (feat. Playboi Carti)" — 535,643 [+14.30%]
• "HE KNOWS (feat. Lil Nas X)" — 245,217 [+21.56%] :toofunny:

Popster for Sale 44,325

scores for pop albums are heavily inflated for MC nowadays so it being #16 isn't all that meaningfull

still will likely be one of the most acclaimed albums of the year, and it deserves it :applause:

A Popster Is Born 12,762
On 6/11/2024 at 5:20 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Honestly, the stans were too harsh with Radical Optimism. Houdini, Happy for You, These Walls, Watcha Doing are great songs. Falling Forever and Anything For Love are the only skips.   

I do just think they are way too basic to smash, but it’s also true that in this day and age a lot of new media is really struggling to get going. Billie is continuing to  done well without ‘reinventing’ every era like bey Miley Gaga. 
Old stuff sells like hot cakes now, only sequels are making any money in Hollywood

Popster This Way 961
On 6/11/2024 at 10:16 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

scores for pop albums are heavily inflated for MC nowadays so it being #16 isn't all that meaningfull

still will likely be one of the most acclaimed albums of the year, and it deserves it :applause:

Not really. Tay and Dua received scores in the mid-70s, and Ariana scored 84 with a very polished high-quality album. Such a high score is unheard of for a dance-pop album. I mean, it is the third most acclaimed female album after Fiona Apple and some ancient country album. 

On 6/11/2024 at 10:18 PM, OliverDespechao said:

I liked the album but a 95 on MC? I believe is too much LsXQq62.gif

Rewind alone deserved that score:giveup:I can't stop replaying it.      

Edited by lookwhatyoumademedo

Pop-a-911-ster 31,296
On 6/11/2024 at 10:09 PM, OliverDespechao said:

kp6 cover leaked LsXQq62.gif

Reveal hidden contents

143 LsXQq62.gif

GP0FkRZWAAEgyYR?format=jpg&name=large

Tragic :banana:

• lol 1