Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

A Popster Is Born 13,394
On 6/10/2024 at 6:14 PM, Dean Judaster said:

When was the last time she used soft vocals anyway? The Cure and ASIB Ally pop songs? I like most of them, but they din't really take off either (The Cure did at the time for her really bad standards, but has not aged well to most people sadly).

Exactly. Even the biggest hits from ASIB are loud and bombastic. Literally the biggest viral moment was Gaga belting out in the middle of Shallow.

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

New Popster 8
On 6/10/2024 at 8:43 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

911 is also lowkey one of her best songs :giveup:

It's not even top 5 on Chromatica, let alone her entire career. That robotic voice ruined everything + the chorus is weak.

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 6/10/2024 at 9:51 AM, Andreu said:

Wow

Antonoff has USA people trapped in its clutches

• sad 1
  • lol 4

A Popster Is Born 13,394
On 6/10/2024 at 6:21 PM, Pinky said:

It's not even top 5 on Chromatica, let alone her entire career. That robotic voice ruined everything + the chorus is weak.

Sure Jan

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108
On 6/10/2024 at 10:16 AM, thehanyo said:

wait, he's been producing Sabrina's music??? :enigma:

Sabrina Carpenter, Jack Antonoff & Amy Allen

Popster for Sale 44,633
On 6/10/2024 at 1:50 PM, Andreu said:

Already above TTPD with 1/3 of the songs?? :delulu_bird:

It's been above it consecutively every day since it was released I think

• paws up 1

Popstanne 9,702
On 6/10/2024 at 5:49 PM, Adarsh said:

Exactly. Even the biggest hits from ASIB are loud and bombastic. Literally the biggest viral moment was Gaga belting out in the middle of Shallow.

that belt is chill inducing. A career highlight in a stacked discography :oscar:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • love 2

Popster for Sale 44,633
On 6/10/2024 at 2:41 PM, zoldyck said:

that belt is chill inducing. A career highlight in a stacked discography :oscar:

Right. As soon as I heard the song in the trailer the song felt like a smash, but we had just gone through Joanne era so I was not prepared for the slayage we were about to witness (:icant:). 

• paws up 1

The Fame Popster 466
On 6/10/2024 at 9:46 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Right. As soon as I heard the song in the trailer the song felt like a smash, but we had just gone through Joanne era so I was not prepared for the slayage we were about to witness (:icant:). 

This! Haha so relatable to me!

• love 2

Popstanne 9,702
On 6/10/2024 at 6:46 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Even after the trailer, I was expecting worst from ASIB.

37% on rotten tomatoes, 6+ razzie nominations, 50M gross, top 3 album and a top 40 song :bebe:

that Venice night was such a good surprise

spacer.png

• lol 1
  • love 2

Popster for Sale 44,633
On 6/10/2024 at 2:53 PM, zoldyck said:

Even after the trailer, I was expecting worst from ASIB.

37% on rotten tomatoes, 6+ razzie nominations, 50M gross, top 3 album and a top 40 song :bebe:

that Venice night was such a good surprise

spacer.png

I am ashamed to admit I was #teamfilmTCMV back then :icant:

• lol 6

Popster for Sale 44,633
On 6/10/2024 at 2:54 PM, boobatella said:

I will NOT be counting down this week

#clownsonstrike

spacer.png

Me neither! #clownonstrike

spacer.png

Spoiler

2h05 minutes

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,756
On 6/10/2024 at 3:21 PM, nattuggla89 said:

Imho everything can happen with LG7. It can flop into oblivion or can do really well depending on the material. TikTok is a make it or break it tool in this equation and the fact that very unconventional, experimental pop songs with 'loud, rough' vocals like Judas, Government Hooker, Heavy Metal Lover and Bloody Mary went viral to certain extends gives me hope that very Gaga-esque LG7 songs can break through on TikTok as well.

This is very telling that Gaga doesn't need to go down the Hac route or change her style of singing like many success stans are claiming online. 

I agree and I think she has to go full Gaga this era, no SL mess or safe songs/visuals.

The GP seems to be here for CrazyGa and gen Z is living for Judas, BM, GH, HML. Most of the other pop girlies are releasing boring and unforgettable music and she needs to remind everyone why she is Lady f*ing Gaga. 

• paws up 6
  • yaas, gaga 2