Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

Popster to Popster 2,917

I don't know about post album singles... Karma and Cuff it worked well, even Harry and Dua singles did a good job on hot 100 and Spotify Global

• paws up 2
  • love 1

Popster This Way 962
Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2024 at 4:42 PM, zoldyck said:

Charlie XCX is probably going to debut better than Normani and Camila (with Drake collab) :laughga:

Charli XCX has set the bar so high with Brat. I hope that Gaga will impress me though. I didn't really care about Charli's projects after Pop 2 (which I absolutely loved), but I was instantly hooked by B2B and the Addison Rae remix. The release of 360 indicated that it would be AOTY, but I did not expect Brat to be that good. I can't stop replaying this album. 

Edited by lookwhatyoumademedo

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 6/8/2024 at 8:02 PM, Dean Judaster said:

Ma'am, I just screencap here. My best guess has to do with the video getting proper credits just like 911 initially credited to just Chromatica III, or BM sped up not claimed for credits.

dean-winchester-supernatural.gif

I mean, it's Gaga's INCOMPETENT Team :whatga:

New Popster 8
On 6/8/2024 at 2:13 AM, adelea said:

The way stupid love peaked at #49 on AM USA.  Gaga needs a solid record to resuscitate her main pop girl status 

First of all, @adelea aka @Ayobabylon dupe, SL didn't peaked at #49 on US AM, second, SL had the misfortune of being released on the worst possible date. It was hampered by three big bomb albums: My Turn by Lil Baby (most consumed album of 2020 in the US and 261.6M streams first week), YHLQMDLG by Bad Bunny (broke the record for the biggest streaming debut by a Latin album with 201.4M streams first week) and G Herbo's PTSD (many collabs with hot rap artists).

Lil Baby’s ‘My Turn’ Is MRC Data’s Top Album of 2020

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/chart-beat/9508037/mrc-data-2020-recap

She literally dropped Stupid Love in the busiest week of 2020. Period. Stupid Love would have no difficulty entering the US AM Top 10 without so many bomb albums at once, it's no wonder that it debuted at #2 on US Spotify, a platform that it is not dominated by urban music like AM. You know damn well that only urban/R&B artists, MAGA artists (Taylor, Morgan & Luke Combs) and big, harmless smashes like Too Sweet and Expresso thrive on US AM, while everything that doesn't fit into this script, like Gaga's dance-pop music, is doomed to limbo on this platform.

I just think you should focus less on coming to Gaga's forums to belittle her with lies and start listening to your fave's latest album, which has barely come out and is already being outstreamed by Gaga's 2009 TFM.

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 2,917
On 6/8/2024 at 4:21 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Aside from the fact that streaming hasn't ruined the run of singles on a GENERAL level simply to get post-album hits the label necessarily has to shell out more money than before (radio promo, playlist and TTH) whereas before MVs and TV perforations were enough. TikTok has actually helped pop girls in recent years if we think of Doja, Katy, Lana, Dua, Gaga with BM and Judas, Beyoncè, Taylor and Ariana herself has been helped a lot with WCB/YA? .

We know well that TikTok trends can be started by paying big accounts and spreading the sound of the track you want to promote.

So these tweets with 0 argumentation skills are written, it makes me nervous.

Popster for Sale 44,664

I've been saying it's so hard to get momentum for a single post-album release. The exception doesn't make the rule. Gaga should do a lead single, a few weeks later second single and then third with album drop. A fourth mv as a gift for the fans/along with the tour would be the cherry on top but would do nothing chart-wise.

If the album is indeed coming august they don't have that much time left though.

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 16,279
Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2024 at 3:45 PM, ReadyGaga said:

I don't know about post album singles... Karma and Cuff it worked well, even Harry and Dua singles did a good job on hot 100 and Spotify Global

Cuff It went viral (which is why they made it single in the first place), and Karma and Dua has remixes. So yeah outside remixes and viral moment (which you can't really control) it's really hard, some singles might get decent run on radio but it doesn't translate that well into peaks.

So for Gaga (actually any artist) I would say lead now, second single week before album and then third single would be something that hopefully goes viral on album release. Then eventually fourth could be a remix. They could even extend it with deluxe and fifth single dropping few months later

Edited by Replay
  • paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 17,900
On 6/8/2024 at 10:43 AM, Replay said:

Cuff It went viral (which is why they made it single in the first place), and Karma and Dua has remixes. So yeah outside remixes and viral moment (which you can't really control) it's really hard, some singles might get decent run on radio but it doesn't translate that well into peaks.

So for Gaga (actually any artist) I would say lead now, second single week before album and then third single would be something that hopefully goes viral on album release. Then eventually fourth could be a remix. They could even extend it with deluxe and fifth single dropping few months later

Welcome Back OMG ! tenor.gif

• love 1

Moderator 24,207
On 6/8/2024 at 8:32 PM, OliverDespechao said:

organic hit @Dean Judaster tenor.gif

"Judas" on Spotify

06/01 — +782,195

06/02 — +718,229

06/03 — +789,560

06/04 — +823,969 

06/05 — +823,051

06/06 — + 830,617

06/07 — + 835,003 *new peak*

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 2

Pop-a-911-ster 26,497
On 6/8/2024 at 12:02 PM, OliverDespechao said:

organic hit @Dean Judaster tenor.gif

On 6/8/2024 at 12:06 PM, Daddy said:

"Judas" on Spotify

06/01 — +782,195

06/02 — +718,229

06/03 — +789,560

06/04 — +823,969 

06/05 — +823,051

06/06 — + 830,617

06/07 — + 835,003 *new peak*

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpXSHZr5tsN6JRFYaAjbs

Spoiler

not the comments under the tweets saying "it's over" like it literally just repeaked :icant:

• lol 6