Charts Thread - Smash With A Smile Out NOW!!

A Popster Is Born 10,451
On 6/5/2024 at 2:32 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

why? are you a woodkid theory believer? 

btw the story he posted since clearing his profile mentioned chayse irvin, the cinematographer behind Lemonade, if we want to clown

Well Woodkid posted a pic with Gaga from his first collab on Champagne commercial with a devil emoji (in February) right after she teased the LG7 kept in her vault by devil and he deleted right after when people reported it online.

I'm sure there's some kind of visual collab between them coming on LG7

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,583
Posted (edited)
On 6/5/2024 at 1:31 PM, ReadyGaga said:

And yet the charts are unpredictable today: who could have predicted that Beyoncè would have two Hot 100 hits with Texas and Cuff It debuting with 400,000 BB200 copies and a 75m debut on Spotify after her post-Lemonade flops? Who could have predicted Taylor Mania 2022-2024 in past years after Lover fiasco and Cardigan\Willow bomb? Who could have predicted just a year and a half ago that Miley Cyrus would win her first Grammy and have the biggest success of her career? Who could have predicted that Nicki Minaj could get one of the highest debuts of her career on BB200 ( 230.000 copies) or that Meghan Trainor would return with a nice hit in 2022 with Made you look? And I could contunate like for example Shakira 2023 and Britney with Hold Me Closer... the answer to all those questions is None!

Nothing prevents Gaga from returning to being a commercial power if she returns with a strong single and a well-produced album. We have seen with Bey, Tay and Ari that after 30 if you play your cards well and pay for radio and streaming services you can still be successful, hell even Billie has recovered with Barbie and HMHAS and Eminem is doing well with the new single.

A pattern I've been noticing is this: flop artists/artists who haven't had an hit in ages have shots at big hits nowadays more than ever. But when it comes to selling an album things have stayed relatively similar. Like yeah sure Miley, Meghan Trainor, Shakira, Bebe Rexha etc. have managed to unexpectedly bag major hits but their eras and albums didn't get that much of a boost from that.

The Gen-Z popstars are still the ones clearly doing better overall (Ariana, Billie) and then you have Taylor who was always a big seller (her size now is def. unexpected by how massive she's gotten but she has been outselling almost everyone for a long time now so in a sense it could more unexpected?), and Beyoncé doing great debuts but not excelling in longevity.  Out of these Taylor and Beyoncé finally managed to get legitimate hits after long periods without them but either a) their albums sales were kept similar despite that (Bey) or b) their albums sales increased but arguably not because of the hit single (Taylor - actually it feels like the opposite happened - album sales/streams so big they forced hits into existence). 

So it's like everything changed but also remained the same. My guess is that both Gaga and Katy have a shot at getting a pretty big hit with their lead single, if it's picked correctly. I think this definitely won't do much for Katy's sales, and for Gaga it likely won't. That being said if we got a major solo hit and sales that were just a bit better than Chromatica's (in the long run), that would be pretty great, all things considered (absence from music, neglecting fanbase etc.) since J.FAD will keep Gaga relevant and might bring hype into next era. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • paws up 1
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 44,583
On 6/5/2024 at 1:38 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Well Woodkid posted a pic with Gaga from his first collab on Champagne commercial with a devil emoji (in February) right after she teased the LG7 kept in her vault by devil and he deleted right after when people reported it online.

I'm sure there's some kind of visual collab between them coming on LG7

I hope so too... my thing is: what if it's music production/songwriting he was involved with? 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 2,899

And yet I feel that Lady Gaga's musical character has remained in people's minds and if she wants to return to promote a great era I'm sure she will be able to regain the fans who abandoned her and the GP who follows her as an actress 🖤

Screenshot-20240605-144655-Instagram.jpg

Our will be just to stream her new music, nothing of hard :romance:

• love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,657

I think yall are too much optimist about Gaga's sales in 2024 but I would like to be erased 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 10,451
On 6/5/2024 at 2:47 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I hope so too... my thing is: what if it's music production/songwriting he was involved with? 

I honestly doubt, he's more in visual stuff lately

What makes me feel optimistic is RideOrDie confirmation for this month AND the fact big radios like Z100 are starting hyping LG7 coming soon.

• yaas, gaga 2
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 44,583
On 6/5/2024 at 1:55 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

I honestly doubt, he's more in visual stuff lately

What makes me feel optimistic is RideOrDie confirmation for this month AND the fact big radios like Z100 are starting hyping LG7 coming soon.

The waiting gets harder the closer we are but it's so good to finally have official confirmation when a lot of where unsure it was even coming this year. :excited: The next 6 months will be crazy for this fanbase. :giveup:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 3

Popster to Popster 2,899
On 6/5/2024 at 2:51 PM, Miaou said:

I think yall are too much optimist about Gaga's sales in 2024 but I would like to be erased 

better to be optimistic than to be people who believe that Gaga will sell 50k-70k copies in the first week...

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,657
On 6/5/2024 at 3:07 PM, ReadyGaga said:

better to be optimistic than to be people who believe that Gaga will sell 5k-7k copies in the first week...

indeed 

• lol 1

The Fame Popster 358
Posted (edited)

As a fan I want the single ASAP, so on the 7th.

But as a chartster I would understand if she would wait until 21st as overall chart points will decrease (as long there is no big suprise drop or a Top10 song gets super viral in the next weeks).

Some hints/theories/speculations about a 7th drop: Birthday of Prince, New Moon, some GGD 'insider' said in April we should keep an eye on the 7th of June. The typewriter from Gaga's story showing 7 and J if I remember correctly.

21st drop: Full Moon

Edited by nattuggla89
  • paws up 3
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 16,835

Houdini is honestly EMINEM's catchiest single since THE MONSTER 

:bunny:

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,461
On 6/5/2024 at 11:01 AM, FRANZGA said:

Houdini is honestly EMINEM's catchiest single since THE MONSTER 

:bunny:

abra abra cadabra, just like that and I'm back bruh

:teddy:

• yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 11,526
On 6/5/2024 at 3:11 PM, nattuggla89 said:

As a fan I want the single ASAP, so on the 7th.

But as a chartster I would understand if she would wait until 21st as overall chart points will decrease (as long there is no big suprise drop or a Top10 song gets super viral in the next weeks).

Some hints/theories/speculations about a 7th drop: Birthday of Prince, New Moon, some GGD 'insider' said in April we should keep an eye on the 7th of June. The typewriter from Gaga's story showing 7 and J if I remember correctly.

21st drop: Full Moon

And if none of those cryptique theories works, clowns will meltdown hard :cupcake:

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 6/5/2024 at 10:06 PM, Dean Judaster said:

abra abra cadabra, just like that and I'm back bruh

:teddy:

Got that line stucked in my head for days now :billie:

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,754

1 hour 50 minutes

Make-Up Meme GIF by Justin

they tried to bring me down but a clown always rises from the ashes

• lol 3

Pop-a-911-ster 22,754

Maybe Katy’s and Gaga’s lables are truly planning to release at the same time to create rivalry and get the media to talk/gossip

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,309
On 6/5/2024 at 4:15 PM, boobatella said:

Maybe Katy’s and Gaga’s lables are truly planning to release at the same time to create rivalry and get the media to talk/gossip

This is what happened with Kanye and another rapper long time ago to create hype and it was a success for both artists

• yaas, gaga 1