The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 5/25/2024 at 6:36 PM, Lazz Monster said:

Another glowing review :tea:

https://decider.com/2024/05/25/lady-gaga-chromatica-ball-hbo-max-review/

Our Take: Sometimes, when that career migration begins for A-list talent, it leaves you wondering if you can’t just go back. Sure, Lady Gaga never stopped proving herself. She transitioned into movies, made one called A Star is Born, and grabbed a Best Actress nom for it. No big deal! But one of the effects of Gaga Chromatica Ball is to refresh our understanding of how great she is at the whole singing, songwriting, and performing thing. It draws on her penchant for reinvention – indeed, she reinvents herself in part for each of the show’s specific acts. But this is a film that captures a concert, and the concert features an artist who needs no artifice to be awesome. The singlong choruses and stadium-sized moments are key to the production. But when Gaga repairs to the side stage for a set she leads, often solo at that tree piano, she has the ability to miniaturize the room. It feels like she’s singing the Star is Born ballads “Shallow” and “Always Remember Us This Way” to one person at a time, or inspiring the individual who needed it most with a stirring interpretation of the anthem “Born This Way.” And when she gets to “The Edge of Glory,” playing piano one handed while pointing with the other, we’re all hanging on that moment of truth. Lady Gaga’s multidisciplinary career is terrific. She’s always hungry, so let her cook. But in Chromatica Ball, she shares every last ingredient that ever made her a master.

Our Call: STREAM IT. Gaga Chromatica Ball is a thrilling, maximalist concert film that activates its spectacle through the sheer force of Lady Gaga as a live performer. Thematic setpieces, creative film editing touches, and an ambitious rate of costume changes are all in support of how great Gaga is as a singer and the front person for her entire aesthetic.  

Do we have a prediction-preview for the Metacritic score so far?

Popster for Sale 41,745
On 5/25/2024 at 6:12 PM, Dean Judaster said:

April 2024 stats

-3.2% roughly indicates stability, due to the number of days in March vs. April

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

Popstanne 9,899
On 5/25/2024 at 2:12 PM, Leptine said:

Do we have a prediction-preview for the Metacritic score so far?

I don't think any of the reviews posted so far had a numeric score, did they? Do they still count for metacritic?

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 5/25/2024 at 7:19 PM, Lazz Monster said:

I don't think any of the reviews posted so far had a numeric score, did they? Do they still count for metacritic?

I have no idea honestly that is why I was asking :chipper:

Popster This Way 962
Posted (edited)

HMHAS is the first album to have three tracks with 8M+ streams after the first week. She is effortlessly repeaking with her fourth project after everyone said that her career was over after HTE. Meanwhile, Olivia's career seems to be over. 

Edited by lookwhatyoumademedo
  • paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,768
On 5/25/2024 at 2:34 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

HMHAS is the first album to have three tracks with 8M+ streams after the first week. She is effortlessly repeaking with her fourth project after everyone said that her career was over after HTE. Meanwhile, Olivia's career seems to be over. 

just like bilie i dont think olivia career is gonna be over that easily

• thanks 6

Popster for Sale 44,593
Posted (edited)

Now that Atorga user posted "26th" on the reddit thread. Now that's fake insider behaviour if I've ever seen it. Adjusting my expectations accordingly. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 5/25/2024 at 7:41 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Now that Atorga user posted "26th" on the reddit thread. Now that's fake insider behaviour if I've ever seen it. Adjusting my expectations accordingly. 

Can you make me a recap of this Reddit rumor please because I missed it and ATRL is not working :awkney:

Popster This Way 962
On 5/25/2024 at 8:38 PM, sugden said:

just like bilie i dont think olivia career is gonna be over that easily

Nah, I don't think that she will bounce back from her sophomore slump. Billie's image is not tied to that cute teenage girl persona, she's way more talented and versatile. Olivia struck gold with Sour, her second project was a massive slump, and I don't see how she's going to reinvent herself.  

Popster This Way 880
On 5/26/2024 at 1:18 AM, Andreu said:

Well deserved

Lisa is definitely the best dancer/performer in K-pop 

Popster for Sale 44,593
Posted (edited)
On 5/25/2024 at 6:50 PM, Leptine said:

Can you make me a recap of this Reddit rumor please because I missed it and ATRL is not working :awkney:

Basically this person who had the info about TCB being on Max on the 25th before anyone else has claimed 4 days ago that the ending (which they watched) alludes to new music. They're a user called Atorga on reddit, if you go there you can check their post history and see it for yourself. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • paws up 1

Popster This Way 962

It's pretty funny how Swifties keep insisting that Taylor's peak is bigger than Britney's and Gaga's with those bloated frontloaded monstrosities that she has released over the past two years. I won't be surprised if Billie's 10-track album will end up outstreaming TTPD at some point. 

Popster This Way 962

Also, the hypocrisy accusations do not make any sense. If Billie wanted to chase chart positions, she could release the blue and red parts together to easily secure more than 400K in the US during the first week. 

Popster This Way 880
On 5/26/2024 at 1:52 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Nah, I don't think that she will bounce back from her sophomore slump. Billie's image is not tied to that cute teenage girl persona, she's way more talented and versatile. Olivia struck gold with Sour, her second project was a massive slump, and I don't see how she's going to reinvent herself.  

Guts is doing ok for a pop album in 2023, it has a no.1 and a top 10 on BB100. It’s doing better than most Ed Sheeran and Post Malone’s recent works

And keep in mind that she is also a Disney actress before she became a singer. Just like Miley, she has a decent size of fanbase that supports her regardless of how her songs perform on charts

• paws up 1