The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 30,343

if Gaga does announce/release at the same time as Katy tho :icant:

427496284_gagasmile.thumb.jpg.fca86e9ea8

Throwback to when kety tried (and emphasis on tried) to overshadow ROM with Daises ha revenge

• lol 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,566
On 5/23/2024 at 8:02 PM, Andreu said:

if Gaga does announce/release at the same time as Katy tho :icant:

427496284_gagasmile.thumb.jpg.fca86e9ea8

Throwback to when kety tried (and emphasis on tried) to overshadow ROM with Daises ha revenge

If she does I'm sure its because Katy wants to try it again 

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,007

if she releases a live album I'M GONNA DIE we deserve a full live album available on platforms :excited:

Popstanne 9,692
Posted (edited)

oh Billie new album is slowly growing on me. The production is amazing, I would love to see Gaga work with Finneas on a song or two. 

Edited by zoldyck
  • paws up 1
  • hugs 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 4,484

I actually think an album in August makes a lot of sense. We all know Stef doesn’t really like to promote her stuff anymore. I could totally see her dropping a lead single over the summer, dropping the album in August, then immediately going to just focus on Joker 2 promo.

• paws up 4
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 4,484
Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 2:39 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I actually think an album in August makes a lot of sense. We all know Stef doesn’t really like to promote her stuff anymore. I could totally see her dropping a lead single over the summer, dropping the album in August, then immediately going to just focus on Joker 2 promo.

It would be interesting if this actually does happen. It would be fun to see if the Joker hype would help give LG7 some longevity and not just a big first sales week.

Edited by ConnorFilm
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,565
Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2024 at 8:03 PM, Andreu said:

of course fadGa would drop an album 4 weeks before the joker campaign starts so she has an excuse to abandon it

It's a risky move that needs to be handled carefully, it can play well with the album benefiting from the JFAD exposure or it  could end totally overshadowed by the movie.

I personally would prefer her to focus in one thing at the time (movie + promo) and then with the hype of the movie moving to the album era and doing it with calm old style since it's been awhile, than having too much things to deal at the same time, Interscope is not really trustable and we also saw it with Billie.

Not to mention that if things goes wrong, having an album underperforming during the JFAD campaign wouldn't exactly be  ideal headlines for her and we know she is an easy target media wise, why ruining one of the biggest moment of her career with concern about the album, plus that will also put her against Bey, Swift, Billie, ecc at the Grammys.

That's my 2 cents but then again I'm not a label executive so I could be wrong.

Edited by Leptine
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,823

Of all the videos the “friend” worked on and it’s the stupid love video :awkney: at least make it believable 

Popster for Sale 44,566
On 5/23/2024 at 9:00 PM, Leptine said:

It's a risky move that needs to be handled carefully, it can play well with the album benefiting from the JFAD exposure or it  could end totally overshadowed by the movie.

I personally would prefer her to focus in one thing at the time (movie + promo) and then with the hype of the movie moving to the album era and doing it with calm old style since it's been awhile, than having too much things to deal at the same time, Interscope is not really trustable and we also saw it with Billie.

Not to mention that if things goes wrong, having an album underperforming during the JFAD campaign wouldn't exactly be  ideal headlines for her and we know she is an easy target media wise, why ruining one of the biggest moment of her career with concern about the album, plus that will also put her against Bey, Swift, Billie, ecc at the Grammys.

That's my 2 cents but then again I'm not a label executive so I could be wrong.

This is not 2013 anymore I think we can relax about that. LG7 could bomb it wouldn't have any impact on the movie. Unless there's some PR nightmare attached to the albim which I highly doubt.

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,565
On 5/23/2024 at 10:28 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

This is not 2013 anymore I think we can relax about that. LG7 could bomb it wouldn't have any impact on the movie. Unless there's some PR nightmare attached to the albim which I highly doubt.

In the part you even underlined I haven't mentioned impact on the movie, but on her campaign and consequent PR media about her, it's not 2013 anymore but she still is an easy target, in 2021 they still used her interviews against her, I don't think it would please her a scenario like that anyway.

After 4 years of break and an era that wasn't executed like planned, the next era deserves the right spotlight and attention than being in the mix with a movie with the risk of being overshadowed.

• paws up 1

Popstanne 9,692

5 year gap in album during streaming era is such a poor idea. Nobody is going that except Adele (Rih don't count since she is retired and her fans don't want to accept that).

In a ideal world she should release LG7 in Aug and LG8 in Q1 2026. Thats what everyone is doing in streaming era from Taylor, Ariana, Lana and Beyonce. Its music after music. 

• thanks 1