The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 27,007
On 3/31/2024 at 6:50 PM, Fame Romance said:

Took a century despite a viral song and knees swearing it’s a “defining” album in pop music that influenced The Fame and all kinds of bullsh*t :icant:

Never understood the passion about “Blackout” having “Britney” and “In The Zone” in her discography 

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 57,170
On 4/1/2024 at 12:17 AM, emig_09 said:

Never understood the passion about “Blackout” having “Britney” and “In The Zone” in her discography 

Britney, the album featuring I’m A Slave 4 U, at 400M streams in 2024 :mess:

Same for Glory, a streaming era album :mess:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 2,866
On 3/31/2024 at 9:56 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Honey B and T.Swift run the music industry tbqh. 

I hope Lady G. will join them with LG7's era

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,566

I really dislike Beyoncé's version of Jolene :rip: It takes away the central feeling and vulnerability of the song, makes it sound pointless. Like if Jolene is so clearly unable to steal your man why even sing about it? :icant:

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • thanks 3
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 18,407
On 4/1/2024 at 11:06 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I really dislike Beyoncé's version of Jolene :rip: It takes away the central feeling and vulnerability of the song, makes it sound pointless. 

Idk if it sounds pointless but I agree that it’s just, idk, flat? It’s kinda annoying also. I love Bey but Jolene is just not doing it for me.

Oh and Joanne, the song (album version) gave me the same feeling.

Edited by DonnieDarko
  • paws up 1

Popstanne 9,692
On 4/1/2024 at 2:06 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I really dislike Beyoncé's version of Jolene :rip: It takes away the central feeling and vulnerability of the song, makes it sound pointless. 

First Ava's whenever whenever now Beyonce's Jolene are straight up bad song.

on contrary, Ariana's 7 rings is perfect example of great sampling while changing everything from original

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,566
On 4/1/2024 at 10:15 AM, zoldyck said:

First Ava's whenever whenever now Beyonce's Jolene are straight up bad song.

on contrary, Ariana's 7 rings is perfect example of great sampling while changing everything from original

I respect an attempt to reinterpret a classic much more than just shoving a sample on a song's chorus. The attempt to force Jolene into Beyoncé's tired brand of being a perfect goddess bad b*tch etc. makes me want to roll my eyes though. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,566
On 4/1/2024 at 10:20 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Beyoncé completed the Miley duet in February and it's included to the physical copies

Yeah. Maybe they just kept recording tracks even after that to get bigger streaming numbers a la PF2? 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven

A Popster Is Born 18,407
On 4/1/2024 at 11:24 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I respect an attempt to reinterpret a classic much more than just shoving a sample on a song's chorus. The attempt to force Jolene into Beyoncé's tired brand of being a perfect goddess bad b*tch etc. makes me want to roll my eyes though. 

Well, I prefer to have an unbiased approach towards all artists and I believe Beyoncé’s Jolene was a genuine attempt to pay respect and to prove a point to her haters. The fact that the song is just bad is a whole another story.

Edited by DonnieDarko

Popster for Sale 44,566
On 4/1/2024 at 10:30 AM, DonnieDarko said:

Well, I prefer to have an unbiased approach towards all artists and I believe Beyoncé’s Jolene was a genuine attempt to pay respect and to prove a point to her haters. The fact that song is just bad is a whole another story.

I don't think this is biased. One of the things that makes Jolene great is the vunerability and point of view from which it's sung. Take that out and the song is still great but loses it's emotional core. Claiming Jolene (a certified classic) is a bad song just because you don't like country music is way more biased.

• love 1

A Popster Is Born 18,407
On 4/1/2024 at 11:34 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I don't think this is biased. One of the things that makes Jolene great is the vunerability and point of view from which it's sung. Take that out and the song is still great but loses it's emotional core. Claiming Jolene (a certified classic) is a bad song just because you don't like country music is way more biased.

The song aka Beyoncé’s version, sis. The song itself is a classic and I agree with you. Beyoncé made it sound flat to me. And I still think it’s bias against Beyoncé, you’re not really a fan, right? Or am I mistaken? Genuine question.

Edited by DonnieDarko