The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Moderator 17,110
On 3/29/2024 at 11:38 PM, Ben said:

Ok no we're not doing this

There's nothing homophobic about what I said at all. Perhaps I shouldn't have said "most" - I was referring to our love for dance music over more laid-back songs, such as the opnion that you literally gave about Cowboy Carter. And guess what? There's nothing wrong with saying an album with lots of ballads is boring. 

Don't accuse me of being homophobic

The generalization is the homophobia. I know enough gays that absolutely stan country music and enjoy ballads more. Like, Taylor and Lana have huge gay fanbases and they aren't exactly known for their huge dance tracks recently.

Just don't generalize.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 3

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 3/29/2024 at 6:40 PM, corvus albus said:

The generalization is the homophobia. I know enough gays that absolutely stan country music and enjoy ballads more. Like, Taylor and Lana have huge gay fanbases and they aren't exactly known for their huge dance tracks recently.

Just don't generalize.

Absolutely - and I shouldn't have said "most". I love plenty of ballads myself, Sia's Breathe Me has literally brought me to tears before. Thanks for clarifying

Popster to Popster 4,593

Anyway I only listened to the Miley collab and it's cute.

I'm gonna listen to this album when the hype is down, I'm tired already of the narrative of her being called genius and that kind of pr crap because she approached to this genre, whereas another girl was trashed to hell back in the day when she dared to approach this genre.

This is honestly getting ridicolous.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 5

Pop-a-911-ster 39,245
On 3/29/2024 at 6:28 PM, OliverDespechao said:

I love B11 but this album is not THAT good :bebe: of course it has good moments but is kinda boring :bebe:

Completely agreed, there are a couple of really nice songs but this 27 track album filled with interludes was just so bloated and unnecessary. I would say like 35 minutes out of the 80 minutes would be music that I would revisit.

To each their own, but I prefer Renaissance, Lemonade and her self titled over CC. And before anyone thinks I’m some sort of demented Beyoncé hater, I literally paid hundreds of dollars for her last tour so let’s not

• paws up 1
  • hugs 1
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 3/29/2024 at 6:43 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

I would say like 35 minutes out of the 80 minutes would be music that I would revisit.

Honestly same. Some tracks definitely seem to run into one another

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 3/29/2024 at 6:43 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

To each their own, but I prefer Renaissance, Lemonade and her self titled over CC.

Lemonade is by far her best album. I found several songs off of Renaissance to be too..clunky, maybe because of the sampling (which by itself isn't a big deal)

6 Inch, Don't Hurt Yourself, and Freedom are unbelievably good

Edited by Ben

Popster to Popster 4,593
On 3/29/2024 at 11:28 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

The Rolling Stones and Andrew Watt will definitely submit this song in rock categories. It had smash reviews.

The song has strong chances to get even in SOTY-ROTY imo.

• lol 2

Pop-a-911-ster 31,708

Giving the amount of replies on this thread since I was gone I was ready to read Gaga announcing the lead but no :katy:

• paws up 1
  • lol 4

A Popster Is Born 14,779
On 3/29/2024 at 11:48 PM, Leptine said:

The song has strong chances to get even in SOTY-ROTY imo.

and we'll pretend we always believed in the song :education:

• lol 2

The Popster 145
On 3/29/2024 at 10:51 PM, Miaou said:

Giving the amount of replies on this thread since I was gone I was ready to read Gaga announcing the lead but no :katy:

no , just fumes and copium about Beyonces album :katy:

• sad 1
  • thanks 1
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,593
On 3/29/2024 at 11:59 PM, danwasd said:

and we'll pretend we always believed in the song :education:

I just said it on ATRL, the song is not my cup of Tea but I recognize for the genre it is an amazing song with an amazing Gaga vocal delivery on it, it deserves at least a Rock field Grammy and it would be cool for Gaga to have one in that category.

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 3/29/2024 at 6:51 PM, Miaou said:

That's something I think whenever I see a bunch or replies

A Popster Is Born 11,826

Ok I just find out that "Angry" (1st single from the current Rolling Stones album) was actually nominated for Best Rock Song this year :whatga:

Maybe "Sweet" has a chance after all :applause:

EDIT: oh nevermind. That award is only for songwrites but Gaga didnt write on their collab. She still has a chance for Best Rock Performance I guess

Edited by Doncho
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,593

If 'I get a kick out of you' that was a cover managed get a ROTY nomination, 'Sweet Sounds of Heaven' that is an original song has even higher chances @Doncho @XXXlop

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,199
On 3/29/2024 at 8:50 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Eternal sunshine deserved

ES > CC

Well, ES has only 13 songs. CC has 27.

Hard to compete with that

• paws up 2
  • thanks 3

A Popster Is Born 16,835

I like Texas Hold Em so i wanna listen to CC.. but seriously 27 songs.. girl i got no time for that :icant: