Literally 6 weeks on chart, this is BTS-esque abysmal :dead:

Lasted the same amount of weeks as this mega hit Joanne GIF by Lady Gaga

• lol 4

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 3/24/2024 at 1:20 PM, DonnieDarko said:

PI charted for 6 weeks?

Mess.

:rip:

Yep. For comparison, Judas did 8 weeks, Stupid Love did 10, Dope did 2.

Edited by ConnorFilm
  • shook 1
  • sad 1

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 3/24/2024 at 1:54 PM, OliverDespechao said:

It sounds so boring wtf :icant:

She's never going to blow up. Queen better enjoy the royalties from "Love Lies" and "Dancing With A Stranger." :icant:

• lol 2

A Popster Is Born 18,409
On 3/24/2024 at 7:53 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Yep. For comparison, Judas did 8 weeks, Stupid Love did 10, Dope did 2.

Stupid Love charted for 2 weeks more than Judas?

:whatga:

• shook 1
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,681
On 3/24/2024 at 7:23 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Spirit, LMU, HMH and a bunch of other songs from high profile movies didn’t do good because they’re just bad songs and did not click. 

How can you say that a song "did not click" when it has more than half a Billion plays on Spotify + YouTube?

A Popster Is Born 18,409
On 3/24/2024 at 8:06 PM, Gagacharts said:

How can you say that a song "did not click" when it has more than half a Billion plays on Spotify + YouTube?

Yeah, I misspoke. It just wasn’t a hit and definitely a weak song, lyrics wise, production wise, the chorus is just very meh. It garnered all the streams because it was, indeed, attached to one of the biggest movies in a couple of years and still, some people really liked it.

Anyway, it’s just my opinion. 

• paws up 1

Popstanne 7,325

I wonder how many streams HMH actually lost from that mess of a intro :icant:
Other than that it's actually a pretty good song, but they barely treated it as a single so it's underperformance is not surprising. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,827
On 3/25/2024 at 1:47 AM, emig_09 said:

What a flop for a #1 debut. It reminds me of some Swift #1 debuts

Carried only by controversy we can’t expect anything else :katy: then again a number one a number one so good for her

A Popster Is Born 11,830
On 3/24/2024 at 4:16 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Yeah, I misspoke. It just wasn’t a hit and definitely a weak song, lyrics wise, production wise, the chorus is just very meh. It garnered all the streams because it was, indeed, attached to one of the biggest movies in a couple of years and still, some people really liked it.

Anyway, it’s just my opinion. 

On 3/24/2024 at 4:16 PM, DonnieDarko said:

A wasted opportunity tbh. 

I like HMH but I agree with you. We all expected something better knowing it was gonna be on Top Gun. It is by no means an awful song but it is very generic in every aspect. It could of been so much bigger if it sounded more unique

• thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 18,409
On 3/24/2024 at 8:39 PM, Doncho said:

I like HMH but I agree with you. We all expected something better knowing it was gonna be on Top Gun. It is by no means an awful song but it is very generic in every aspect. It could of been so much bigger if it sounded more unique

Agreed. Take My Breath Away from the first movie was an instant classic and it still is to this day. It has one of the very best key changes and it’s one of the things that made it so unique.

HMH is just, as you pointed out, a generic song. At the same time, Gaga gave us ASIB so I get it that she’s not always going to go all out on those soundtrack songs. 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 18,409
On 3/24/2024 at 8:06 PM, Gagacharts said:

Wait, I just realized that Stupid Love also has half of a billion plays on Spotify + YouTube. I guess we can say it DID click. 
:gaga-thanks:

ARTPOPster 1,857
On 3/24/2024 at 3:51 PM, BenG said:

I thought the intro was unique.

It was definitely one of the intros ever

• lol 4

Pop-a-911-ster 27,108

Not Kacey Musgraves losing the #1 on the Billboard 200 for only 3,5k copies :enigma: