The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 3/7/2024 at 11:33 PM, Aloe said:

Oh wow the Saturn interlude transitions so nicely to Eternal sunshine :bradley: but the title track sounds like a post Malone track though

I’m finding the album incredibly mid. I think there were several other better choices as the second single instead of we can’t be friends. I would’ve personally chosen supernatural. The thing about this album are the hooks just aren’t big and catchy. I feel like fantasize would’ve fit well in this album well and I don’t understand why she didn’t include it because this song is so catchy.

Edited by ConnorFilm
  • paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,827
On 3/8/2024 at 1:35 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I’m finding the album incredibly mid. I think there were several other better choices as the second single instead of we can’t be friends. I would’ve personally chosen supernatural. The thing about this album are the hooks just aren’t big and catchy. I feel like fantasize would’ve fit well in this album well and I don’t understand why she didn’t include it because this song is so catchy.

That’s interesting because I like this album more than Positions maybe because this veers more pop than r&b as well. I agree that fantasize could fit here seeing how some of the tracks have a similar theme and feel like The boy is mine and True Story. 

wait and also We can’t be friends is the second single?! That’s absurd considering Bye and True Story are right there 

Popster This Way 650

Yes and? back to #1 on TTh, while We Can't Be friends only #15.

That's odd, why the hell are they still pushing an underperfoming single?

Pd: We can't be friend is.underwhelming

Popster to Popster 3,908

Album is good and cohesive but I dont think  there is a standout  2nd single 

But I also didn't dislike anything 

although i see tiktok potential in some tracks like true story tbim

Soft persona suits her n this album is typical safe ariana u can tell her biggest gift is her voice she sounds like an angel in so many tracks 

Edited by Ayobabylon

A Popster Is Born 18,408

This album is very very good to me. True Story has to be one of her very best songs, ever. At least to me. I love it. It has the Aaliyah vibe too. Also, the album seems to be loved by the critics which is something Ariana didn’t have in the past. 

• paws up 2

ARTPOPster 2,014

am i the only one whos not into this ari album, it sounds like every pop song shes done belnded into one album, its very one tone throughout. Yes and? is the only standout and im glad it was the lead :bebe:

• hugs 1

ARTPOPster 1,809
On 3/8/2024 at 1:30 AM, Mr. V said:

am i the only one whos not into this ari album, it sounds like every pop song shes done belnded into one album, its very one tone throughout. Yes and? is the only standout and im glad it was the lead :bebe:

I like it, but I'm not blown away or anything. Yes, and? is the strongest track for me too.

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,827

True story is just so sexy and dark. Truly the Cruel Summer type of hit that radio is waiting to spam once given the green light 

Popster This Way 962

I'm sorry but there is no way in hell this album deserves universal acclaim. I stopped caring about MC scores a long time ago due to poptism, but this is just ridiculous. 

'll be the first to say, "I'm sorry"
Now you got me feelin' sorry:dead:

ARTPOPster 1,809
On 3/8/2024 at 2:10 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

I'm sorry but there is no way in hell this album deserves universal acclaim. I stopped caring about MC scores a long time ago due to poptism, but this is just ridiculous. 

'll be the first to say, "I'm sorry"
Now you got me feelin' sorry:dead:

It doesn't, but critics are a joke nowadays. Just look at Pitchfork's review of Rebecca Black's album.

A Popster Is Born 18,408
On 3/8/2024 at 8:30 AM, Mr. V said:

You’re not the only one, definitely but I do find it much more interesting and diverse than Positions.

• love 1

A Popster Is Born 12,808
On 3/8/2024 at 7:19 AM, PanPikus said:

Ahhhhh Legend Ga :oscar:

Hold My Hand certified 2x Platinum in Poland :applause:

https://olis.pl/charts/oficjalna-lista-wyroznien/platynowe-plyty

@ItsGenuineGuy09 we've arrived bestiola :ally:

but i was told it wouldn't be getting there til 2026 :ohhh:

ohhh hand you continue to have unprecedented success :talent:

• yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

A Popster Is Born 11,536
On 3/8/2024 at 9:21 AM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

but i was told it wouldn't be getting there til 2026 :ohhh:

ohhh hand you continue to have unprecedented success :talent:

I was surprised it already got there. 

A smasha if you ask me, never charted yet continues to win the longevity game Ahhh GodGa :flutter: