The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375
On 2/27/2024 at 4:50 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Ok so to you all how will do LG7 lead ? (subjective opinions of course)

- Flower huge unexpected smash

- Texas Hold Em type of big success 

- Houdini mild success based on longevity

- Perfect Illusion kind of tank 

Houdini is the closest one to what I expect, but I woulf say stronger start and worse longevity

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 41,793
On 2/27/2024 at 3:50 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Bubbling kind of tank

Like a submarine

• lol 1

The Fame Popster 333
On 2/27/2024 at 9:20 AM, BenG said:

S&M was released after the album

Only Girl was released on a Friday (tracking week started on Monday), jumped to #3 the next week

What's My Name debuted at #83 with radio points only, it jumped to #1 when released digitally

Where Have You Been was released after the album

Stay was released after the album

Post-album singles did not debut high in the digital era because you can't buy the single after already purchasing the album, unlike in the streaming era, where you can keep on contributing to chart points every week based on consumption. Even in the streaming era, post-album singles struggle to debut high because they are no longer new material dropping on release week.

I don’t think you mentioned this, but Rihanna also used to release her pre-album singles exclusively to Radio, and wait for the AI to build up before selling it on iTunes. This is why several of her singles have a crazy leap into the top 10 after the first few weeks. 

(Next part not directed at you) The fact that the majority of “Charts stans” are unable to use logic or research makes the entire thing (stanning Charts) pointless. Who cares that Rihanna’s single was a radio exclusive, it’s debut position was a flop! Who cares that Gaga hasn’t even released 1 album since the advent of the BB Global 200, she’s yet to debut a solo!$!$! song at the top of it! 

The Fame Popster 333
On 2/26/2024 at 3:18 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

It's 100% her team managing playlists

No, this is 100% false.

Another thing we’ve been through a million times by now and yet this fan base does not stop - “This Is” artist playlists are NOT controlled by the artist or their teams. They are managed and curated by Spotify employees. 

Popster for Sale 41,793
On 2/27/2024 at 4:07 PM, JustJames said:

I don’t think you mentioned this, but Rihanna also used to release her pre-album singles exclusively to Radio, and wait for the AI to build up before selling it on iTunes. This is why several of her singles have a crazy leap into the top 10 after the first few weeks. 

Correct. Also, it was common to have partial tracking weeks for debuts back then due to tracking weeks for sale and radio not aligning, with many opting to release according to the radio tracking week and lose out on sales points for debut week.

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,677
On 2/27/2024 at 3:41 PM, ConnorFilm said:

This is becoming a mess. I hope it’s resolved soon. 

Explain this in gay terms

Other music groups are taking off their music from there? If that's the case we won because then either 1) most artists aren't benefitted by it which reverts Gaga to a more equal position and/or 2) this appplies more pressure to tiktok and might cause them to cave. 

Popster for Sale 44,677
On 2/27/2024 at 4:16 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

WHEN WILL THESE INSIDERS BE RIGHT ABOUT GAGA OMFG

when some other legit insider actually comes up with info that they can copy onto twitter

right now they're just left with fan theories :laughga:

• sad 1
  • lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 2/27/2024 at 10:16 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

WHEN WILL THESE INSIDERS BE RIGHT ABOUT GAGA OMFG

It’s not their fault that she changes plans all the time 😭 

• sad 1
  • lol 1

Popster for Sale 44,677

Anyway it seems that songs which are not distributed by UMG but have artists (like songwriters) credited who are from UMG, might also be removed, which is why Houdini was removed. I think the details are still unclear though. 

https://variety.com/2024/music/musicians/tiktok-removing-universal-music-publishing-songs-1235923848/

Pop-a-911-ster 29,680
On 2/27/2024 at 4:50 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

PI

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375
On 2/27/2024 at 5:20 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

everything about this era is giving rushed 

If only a certain fad with a movie out this fall rushed an era before the movies campaign :applause:

• lol 1