The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 39,230
On 2/23/2024 at 2:35 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Very underwhelming update. I was expecting a lot better considering the hype around her announcement. 

Yeah! All we can hope for is that it somehow snowballs ala Bad Romance and stabilizes at a decent number 

• paws up 3

Pop-a-911-ster 26,461
On 2/23/2024 at 4:12 PM, corvus albus said:

Constant exposure to a song can change one's opinion

On 2/23/2024 at 4:13 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

The Dua Lipa Law 

:icant:

On 2/23/2024 at 7:02 AM, Leptine said:

On ATRL there is an user that has been asking for money multiple times in the last month with gofoundme because he has debts with the credit cards or something, out of curiosity I went trough his posts hystory and there's a post where he proudly shows his collections of 'Folklore' vinyls, sure he might have been bought them in better times, but still maybe before asking for charity in a site, sell that sh!t first.

Which user? 

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 2/23/2024 at 9:19 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Which user? 

I don't remember the name, you can find the threads in lounge.

ARTPOPster 1,609
On 2/23/2024 at 11:35 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Very underwhelming update. I was expecting a lot better considering the hype around her announcement. 

Eh, I think we still need to wait for the full day update. 

• thanks 2

On 2/23/2024 at 3:37 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Now, Miley Cyrus is dropping something soon, a previously unreleased track that she worked on with Pharrell Williams. I don’t think I want Gaga to release the Spring anymore. It’s becoming so over saturated.

Stfu, we want new music :bearattack:

Moderator 17,109

We're talking about Gaga here. There isn't a single solo era she hasn't made headlines. She doesn't have to hide just because some anonymous girl is releasing as well.  A bit of confidence really wouldn't hurt this fanbase.

• paws up 7
  • thanks 2

On 2/23/2024 at 1:34 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Harry's House debuted with 521K. Do you honestly believe that Gaga could come anywhere close to 400K? I don't think that she can even debut with 100K. Chromatica did 274,000 with post-ASIB hype and high-profile collaborations. Now, Gaga will have no GP support and a shrinking fan base. Doing anything above 200K would be outstanding, and surpassing Chromatica would probably take some sort of a miracle (or extremely desperate gimmicks).    

And who cares about your delusional opinion. Nobody asked, keep it to yourself. She'll be fine.

A Popster Is Born 10,452

All the Fortnite songs actually had a week growth, knowing it is not a full day of streaming after the add on the game.

But anyway, we shouldn't expect her to come close to The Weeknd boost. She's nowhere close to The Weeknd power and popularity as a mainstream artist. And that's fine imo. The hype around her event should make us all happy to see that she is very appreciated by the GP.

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • paws up 2
  • hugs 1
  • thanks 1

Popstanne 9,361

I can see the debut being Joanne sized but take out a lot of the pure sales and replace it with SEA.

I think with cool variants she should have no issue breaking 100k pure. If there's no effort on the physical side (multiple CD's, vinyls, cassettes) then 100k pure will be a struggle.

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,609
On 2/23/2024 at 1:14 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

All the Fortnite songs actually had a week growth, knowing it is not a full day of streaming after the add on the game.

But anyway, we shouldn't expect her to come close to The Weeknd boost. She's nowhere close to The Weeknd power and popularity as a mainstream artist. And that's fine imo. The hype around her event should make us all happy to see that she is very appreciated by the GP.

Exactly. Even if it doesn't lead to a huge streaming boost, this is good for her longevity and for people (see kids and teens) to get into her music and build anticipation/interest. 

• paws up 1

Popstanne 9,361

Streaming Chromatica made me realize how well it aged. It doesn't sound left in 2020 like some more disco influenced songs from the year.

The only track I still feel the urge to skip is Fun Tonight but the rest of the album is great. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 2
  • yaas, gaga 3

On 2/23/2024 at 2:40 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

+20k for PF compared to last week and +40k for JD

This just goes to show that they should have replaced TEOG or Stupid Love with Poker Face and not made it available as a reward only after winning challenges.