PanPikus

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 2/23/2024 at 9:49 PM, Paradise is in my hands said:

:icant:

I kind of miss Katy.

what se doing in Australia?

Popster to Popster 4,593
On 2/23/2024 at 2:48 PM, taylorgermanotta said:

I really hope no one takes this as hate but Gaga is not doing 200k. With our without vinyls variants 

It's just pointless doing a prediction like this based on the nothing, without knowing the exact kind of music she will do and how it will perform.

Gaga can even debut in the range of 300k-400k, it all depends by many factors.

I don't have problems to admit that for example I was sure Beyoncé would have tanked hard with the country stuff but instead she's smashing.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 2
  • lol 1

On 2/23/2024 at 4:00 PM, Leptine said:

It's just pointless doing a prediction like this based on the nothing, without knowing the exact kind of music she will do and how it will perform.

I don't have problems to admit that for example I was sure Beyoncé would have tanked hard with the country stuff but instead she's smashing.

:awkney:

Popster to Popster 4,593
On 2/23/2024 at 3:06 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

:awkney:

This is giving OGHs that were claiming that she wouldn't have scored another #1 for years before 'Shallow'.

If there is a thing that this woman has proved is that anything can happen with her.

• paws up 3
  • love 1

Moderator 17,110
On 2/23/2024 at 3:12 PM, Leptine said:

This is giving OGHs that were claiming that she wouldn't have scored another #1 for years before 'Shallow'.

If there is a thing that this woman has proved is that anything can happen with her.

Gaga has always been able to prove everyone wrong and succeed when everybody assumed she would flop. Monsters are notoriously pessimistic :bebe:

• paws up 6

ARTPOPster 1,770
On 2/23/2024 at 10:48 AM, taylorgermanotta said:

I really hope no one takes this as hate but Gaga is not doing 200k. With our without vinyls variants 

i dont think anyone expects that

i dont think even ariana will do that

Popster for Sale 44,634
On 2/23/2024 at 2:38 PM, sugden said:

i dont think anyone expects that

i dont think even ariana will do that

Gaga's first weeks tend to be bigger than Ari's though.

Popster This Way 603

Once Gaga was thought to not doing well in streaming for example in early 2018 and now her stats show big potential similar to top trending artists  of today. Also, ASIB was big success and Shallow proved to have long lasting legs, despite previous Gaga singles not faring well.  Beyoncé going from local artist with multiple flop singles/projects in 2018/2019 to having her first global hit in ages in 2024 with a country song(?). Also, Grammyless Miley Cyrus was presumed to have a dead career when she dropped Younger Now in 2017, fast forward  to now, she has one of the biggest hits of the century with Flowers that won ROTY. Goes to show the industry is unpredictable and so the audience. So, you can’t say for certain artists what’s gonna happen. Potential is unlimited, we just want Quality first.

:arguega:

Edited by Gaga Banana
  • paws up 4
  • hugs 1

Popster to Popster 3,907
On 2/23/2024 at 6:51 PM, corvus albus said:

You can keep your mouth runnin', hell, Jesus might love ya
But that don't mean I do
So take your front-page, two-faced, petty-a** drama
And leave it out, leave it out, leave it out yonder

lol what? be logical and study charts before commenting and thinking its a drag 

Popster to Popster 4,593

Once again it's pointless says Gaga can't debut with 200k or more if we don't even know anything about this project starting from the music direction and how the audience will receive it, not to mention the performance of the first single, let's wait at least.

ARTPOPster 1,770
On 2/23/2024 at 11:44 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Gaga's first weeks tend to be bigger than Ari's though.

before sweetener maybe, but sweetener did more than than asib and joanne

thank u next did more than chromatica

i guess you could say that positions did less than chromatica but the rules changed so we cant really compare

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,709

The liddos thought Fortnite would’ve bring a huge boost on streaming 

reality : #57 (+3) on Top Daily Artists :cm:

she is also not touching 200K : she waited 4 years, she killed her streaming power with her incredible team, her last projects were ads and make up

she is paying the price for being inactive on music for so long :cm:

Edited by Miaou
  • thanks 4

Popster to Popster 3,907
On 2/23/2024 at 7:30 PM, Leptine said:

We are talking about base point here based on normal hype and how music industry works now 

chromatica did 70k streaming units in USA 

Thats weak but album did decent debut on AM and wasnt stable on Spotify

no song except SC & alice debuted on Hot 100 

So lets consider 90k this time as Spotify grows 

Chromatica had tour bundles and 40% of total pure sales aka 200k was merch 

Which is excluded from debuts according to new billboard rules

So from where will she bring pure sales? Yep the variants and vinyls

1 variant won't sell 200k copies bc even midnights and 1989 TV sold 140k 

Now this number can rise if her lead single smashes and GP finds her concept interesting

Moderator 17,110
On 2/23/2024 at 3:50 PM, Ayobabylon said:

lol what? be logical and study charts before commenting and thinking its a drag 

I've been doing this longer than you've been a stan. Considering you're doing nothing but shade Gaga, on a Gaga forum might I add, you might have to endure a silly joke or two at your expense :ohhh: