The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 31,828
On 1/12/2024 at 11:49 AM, boobatella said:

let’s stay humble, maybe there won’t even be a MV :applause:

There won’t even be new music :applause: queen being humble in the industry :applause:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,016
On 1/12/2024 at 3:29 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

i like yes and but its gving frontloaded f{@g song that spends 15-20 weeks charting in germany tea. but - i could see it being a hit.

Ggaa was right at the start of trend in 2020 but i wish the production had been way more punchier/stronger. Rena and Yes and? has production focus

Exactly

Chromatica has solid lyrical content

It just needed invigorating polishing from a luminary producer 

Popster to Popster 4,016
On 1/12/2024 at 4:39 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Best Actress winners come from dud movies all the time.

not true 

there are very few cases when PANNED film gave acting wins 

Box office duds maybe yes but critical failure nope

Popster to Popster 4,016
On 1/12/2024 at 3:53 PM, GraceRandolph said:

The Cure doesn't even have 400M streams, it's not a streaming hit. Million Reasons or Shallow counts as her first streaming hit.

It was back in 2016-2017 bffr 

Cracking 300M that time was a big deal

On 1/12/2024 at 5:11 AM, Ayobabylon said:

not true 

there are very few cases when PANNED film gave acting wins 

Box office duds maybe yes but critical failure nope

Judy, The Blind Side, and The Eyes of Tammy Faye all have metacritic scores similar to HOG. Besides, it's the nomination that was a snub, especially considering Gaga won a trifecta and was nominated at BAFTA.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
On 1/12/2024 at 8:38 AM, PanPikus said:

Tho the intro could've been shorter :peacega:

I loveee how it seems like its going nowhere and then the kick ans the bass start almost as a surprise :darkmode:

A Popster Is Born 18,409
On 1/12/2024 at 12:10 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Exactly

Chromatica has solid lyrical content

It just needed invigorating polishing from a luminary producer 

Chromatica had great lyrical content and production. :cm:

A Popster Is Born 10,514
On 1/12/2024 at 11:23 AM, GraceRandolph said:

The Cure doesn't even have 400M streams, it's not a streaming hit. Million Reasons or Shallow counts as her first streaming hit.

She was definitely testing water on Spotify with The Cure at a time she had big issues there (mainly because of Troy Carter working there) and profiting the post SB and Coachella hype.

And it totally worked, it did totally amazing in playlisting and global streams without even being promoted. 

The song has zero longevity or impact in her discography but it served its purpose at the time tbh

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 10,514
On 1/12/2024 at 12:44 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Exactly

I still wish she would have released Frankensteined instead and make it grow until Halloween 2017

I'm sure we would have another Halloween classic. And the song was brilliant apparently... oh well..

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 1/12/2024 at 11:35 AM, Doncho said:

Pleaseeee she did NOT lose 6 months just because HOG wasnt nominated :rip:

She was still critically acclaimed during that time and the movie did fine at the Box office. Not everything has to be a #1 smash Oscar winning movie for it to be worth it.

I perfectly know, I'm just talking about the campaign and the interviews she made for the Oscar, of course the whole project wasn't a loss of time.

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 1/12/2024 at 12:09 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Best Actress winners come from dud movies all the time.

On 1/12/2024 at 12:23 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Judy, The Blind Side, and The Eyes of Tammy Faye all have metacritic scores similar to HOG. Besides, it's the nomination that was a snub, especially considering Gaga won a trifecta and was nominated at BAFTA.

giphy.gif

Exactly sis, Jessica Chastain literally won that year for a more panned movie that did anything at the box office in a SNL sketch kind of performance.

• lol 1

On 1/12/2024 at 4:35 AM, Doncho said:

Pleaseeee she did NOT lose 6 months just because HOG wasnt nominated :rip:

She was still critically acclaimed during that time and the movie did fine at the Box office. Not everything has to be a #1 smash Oscar winning movie for it to be worth it.

I think Leptine just means Gaga shouldn't try to do a time consuming Oscar campaign for the second time after HOG, not that the project overall was a loss.

• thanks 1

On 1/12/2024 at 6:06 AM, Leptine said:

Exactly sis, Jessica Chastain literally won that year for a more panned movie that did anything at the box office in a SNL sketch kind of performance.

I read this in Grace Randolph's voice. :laughga:

We should just be thankful KStew didn't win. The KStew fans got way too cocky just cause she was playing Diana.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 12,824
On 1/12/2024 at 10:53 AM, GraceRandolph said:

The song did okay, but considering how radio friendly and on trend it was it should've done better. I mean Gaga got a huge smash with an unconventional sound for her (Shallow) like one year later. I just really don't think the GP wants a cookie cutter approach to pop from Gaga.

MR-Shallow-ARUTW became her streaming smashes and overcame the fad allegations but their far from what her fans knew and wanted, 

At least now though,  the pop climate is much more favourable and not like in 2017 -TC would’ve done much better releases today,  but I agree that generic pop isn’t going to be used by casuals from her.