The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Popster for Sale 44,583
On 2/16/2024 at 12:01 AM, Sun said:

Sorry but, Training Season and Houdini both are subpar to the material from Future Nostalgia. I'm amazed that this is what she's doing in her third era. Totally safe and quite mediocre. 

Training Season just sounds like a Currents reject. Plus, once you've listened up to the end of the first chorus you've heard the whole song. Goes nowhere. 

Not impressed. 

She's def not raising the bar for herself this era. 

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

On 2/15/2024 at 6:01 PM, Sun said:

Sorry but, Training Season and Houdini both are subpar to the material from Future Nostalgia. I'm amazed that this is what she's doing in her third era. Totally safe and quite mediocre. 

Training Season just sounds like a Currents reject. Plus, once you've listened up to the end of the first chorus you've heard the whole song. Goes nowhere. 

Not impressed. 

What were people expecting though? I think both Houdini and Training Season are pretty solid, and better than the recent leads from Bey and Tay.

• thanks 3

Popster to Popster 4,486
On 2/15/2024 at 6:50 PM, OliverDespechao said:

looking for a top 10 :ohhh:

I would say not a chance in hell, but Beyoncé is able to debut in the top three with just four days of tracking and via a country song. The chart points in the US are so weak now that pretty much anything as possible.

Popster to Popster 4,486
On 2/15/2024 at 6:57 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Why didn't Houdini do better? I thought it was pretty good. It seems like maybe Dua needs to date Henry Cavill so she can be in a power couple like Tayvis and Jayonce.

I mean, it wasn't a flop or anything. It just didn't have longevity. It did about as well as Ari's "Yes, And?" This happens with every artist. There's that one era that puts them on the map and then they end up chasing their entire careers trying to replicate it. For Gaga, that's TF(M). For Katy, that's TD. For Dua, that will be Future Nostalgia. 

Edited by ConnorFilm
  • paws up 1

On 2/15/2024 at 7:15 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I mean, it wasn't a flop or anything. It just didn't have longevity. It did about as well as Ari's "Yes, And?" This happens with every artist. There's that one era that puts them on the map and then they end up chasing their entire careers trying to replicate it. For Gaga, that's TF(M). For Katy, that's TD. For Dua, that will be Future Nostalgia. 

Why hasn't this happened with Taylor?

• lol 1

Popster This Way 880
On 2/16/2024 at 8:18 AM, GraceRandolph said:

Why hasn't this happened with Taylor?

Taylor herself is much bigger than her albums, in terms of music none of her recent works can surpass 1989.

The popularity around Taylor is more about her dedication to promo rollout, her relationship with her fans and PR strategies.

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,848
On 2/15/2024 at 8:35 PM, ConnorFilm said:

Because she's white and mediocre. Americans love that. :bradley:

Sorry if this sounds weird, but I read your comment and then I thought "what if I posted his avi as a response". Then I remembered I'm American :billie:

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,486
On 2/15/2024 at 7:48 PM, Gabi said:

There’s a rumor said that Joker died in the end of movie 

Oh, who cares. It's clear this is the last Joker film with Phoenix and Phillips. Go big or go home. 

Edited by ConnorFilm
  • paws up 3
  • thanks 3

ARTPOPster 1,848
On 2/15/2024 at 9:13 PM, Aloe said:

wtf is a training season???

It's one of the 10,000 different phrases used in place of "sex" to refer to sex because in America it offends God if you say the word "sex" on the radio.

• shook 1

ARTPOPster 1,848
On 2/15/2024 at 9:35 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Is it?

Training

•  
  •  
1. The act of performing a non-routine sex act on a partner to demonstrate that it will be expected or required later in the relationship. This term is frequently used in conjunction with specific societal roles or fetishistic kinks.

2. Gradually introducing a sexual act or sexual object to prepare the recipient for a new routine.
1. My wife failed her slut-training when she wouldn't let me cum in her face, so I'm wife-training this new slut by cumming in her p**sy.

2. Start with a gag when you're slave-training her so she learns to keep quiet as you insert this anal-training toy.

• shook 1