The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Popster to Popster 3,900
On 2/15/2024 at 12:05 PM, XXXlop said:

The problem with Cher/Barbara is that their legacy don't have longevity.

Sorry, but no one from our generation knows them, or have seen their movies, or have listened to their music (besides "Believe").

On the other side, everyone still knows Madonna, and is listening to her music. 

So yeah, legacy and longevity wise = Madonna is way above Cher/Barbara.

Therefore, I prefer Gaga becoming the Madonna of our generation, rather than the Cher/Barbara :education::arguega:

Cher yes but not barbara please

Cher is still admired and loved but not for her music but her quotes and fashion and ageless beauty

Barbara on the other hand is literally one kf the best selling female artist

Mind you she has won AOTY SOTY ROTY at grammys too 

She is EGOT (honorary) 

Barbara stil has record of most weeks by a female artist on billboard 200 

2 OSCARS and countless film accolades she was considered rival of the great judy garland 

And she was clocking $15M for a concert in 1994 thats like $40M-$45M a night in 2024 

Y'all don't know her but she is one of the most revered legends of all time also she was a stunning vocalist as well

Take it to the floor now, ooh
Hoops, spurs, boots
To the floor now, ooh
Tuck, back, oops (Ooh, ooh, ooh)
Shoot
Come take it to the floor now, ooh
And I'll be damned if I cannot dance with you
Baby, pour that sugar and liquor on me too
Furs, spurs, boots
Solargenic, photogenic, shoot

spacer.png

Popster This Way 645
On 2/15/2024 at 8:15 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Cher yes but not barbara please

Cher is still admired and loved but not for her music but her quotes and fashion and ageless beauty

Barbara on the other hand is literally one kf the best selling female artist

Mind you she has won AOTY SOTY ROTY at grammys too 

She is EGOT (honorary) 

Barbara stil has record of most weeks by a female artist on billboard 200 

2 OSCARS and countless film accolades she was considered rival of the great judy garland 

And she was clocking $15M for a concert in 1994 thats like $40M-$45M a night in 2024 

Y'all don't know her but she is one of the most revered legends of all time also she was a stunning vocalist as well

I didn't say that Barbara wasn't successful at her prime. But that success has aged terribly, and hasn't translated to the present. 

Just look at ther Spotify stats (only 2 songs above 100M). Yeah, she may have won 1001 grammys, and sold 1001M albums, but they are forgotten. No one from our generation would be able to tell you even 1 film or song from Barbara.

Madonna, Abba, Beatles, otherwise, are still remembered.

Edited by XXXlop
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,900
On 2/15/2024 at 12:50 PM, XXXlop said:

I didn't say that Barbara wasn't successful at her prime. But that success has aged terribly, and hasn't translated to the present. 

Just look at ther Spotify stats (only 2 songs above 100M). Yeah, she may have won 1001 grammys, and sold 1001M albums, but they are forgotten. No one from our generation would be able to tell you even 1 film or song from Barbara.

Madonna is not that remembered in streaming too 

Mariah is carried by the Xmas song and celine either isn't

I think its the sexism and misogyny

Bands like queen, Beatles and MJ have successfully transitioned to streaming era though 

I think gaga already has classics which are timeless (shallow, pf, br and jd) will transition well into next phase of music industry

she could add a few and I think she will have big hits in future too although she is the type of artist who is either a hit or completely miss 

All i need from her is to win general field grammys and one acting oscar before she retires, what are the odds? 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 13,387
On 2/15/2024 at 12:50 PM, XXXlop said:

Her prime lasted from 1960 to like 1990 so I’ll gladly take that over free Spotify streams. Not to mention, she was a pioneer for female movie directors and one of the first to do it. Just because gays aren’t bopping to her show tunes from fifty years ago doesn’t mean she’s not relevant in the present day. Next you guys will say Judy Garland’s legacy has aged.

Edited by Adarsh
  • paws up 4

On 2/15/2024 at 2:25 AM, Adarsh said:

Her prime lasted from 1960 to like 1990 so I’ll gladly take that over free Spotify streams. Not to mention, she was a pioneer for female movie directors and one of the first to do it. Just because gays aren’t bopping to her show tunes from fifty years ago doesn’t mean she’s not relevant in the present day. Next you guys will say Judy Garland’s legacy has aged.

No one is streaming Judy Garland's music from the 1940s so her legacy is erased. /s

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 57,179
On 2/15/2024 at 7:56 AM, GraceRandolph said:

It sucks how Bey and Taylor can go #1 or top 3 based on hype alone. It makes discussion around their music a dead end among pop fans, because they just cling to chart positions.

For Bey it has to be good/stick with people 

She doesn’t have the fanbase that Taylor has to guarantee any song goes #1

Droplets like Spirit of My House tanked into oblivion 

On 2/15/2024 at 6:03 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

C'mon guys that's obviously sarcasm. It's going to be rock. @boobatella we won!

We lost. A rock album from Gaga is going to be a bomb of massive proportions. And releasing a glam rock album would be reductive since Plastic Hearts came out years ago. The success of Bloody Mary should have indicated that the GP craves a dark pop album.

On 2/15/2024 at 2:56 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

We lost. A rock album from Gaga is going to be a bomb of massive proportions. And releasing a glam rock album would be reductive since Plastic Hearts came out years ago. The success of Bloody Mary should have indicated that the GP craves a dark pop album.

f- you pop music, this is rat pop!

• thanks 1
  • lol 4