The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Moderator 17,097
On 2/5/2024 at 10:43 AM, FRANZGA said:

But Most Popular is not equal to being the "Best" like for example MIDnights

And last time i checked Oscars is still the Most Talked, Most Prestigious, Most Watched, Most Anticipated Awards Show.. no?

Oscars brings in the lowest ratings in show’s history February 11

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/10/media/oscars-ratings/index.html

Oscars TV ratings improve – to third worst ever 14 Mar 2023

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2023/mar/14/oscars-tv-ratings-improve-to-third-worst-ever

Are The Academy Awards Losing Their Relevance? Mar 15, 2023

https://www.forbes.com/sites/janicegassam/2023/03/15/are-the-academy-awards-losing-their-relevance/?sh=236ae9857302

For the industry maybe, Oscars are struggling in general.

Popster for Sale 44,566
On 2/5/2024 at 10:37 AM, boobatella said:

this is so awkward and rude :rip:

i also cringed so hard when Taylor dragged Lana on stage even though it was clear she didn’t want to go :awkney:

she did that? I have her name blocked on tt so I didnt know lmao

so awkward especially when Lana was the one who should've gotten AOTY, or SZA

and then to top it all off her album title is giving Lana wannabe 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,566

Taylor serving that friend who over-enthusiastically fawns over you but then lowkey starts stealing your personality and copying you :icant:

• paws up 1
  • lol 4

ARTPOPster 1,609
On 2/5/2024 at 1:37 AM, boobatella said:

this is so awkward and rude :rip:

i also cringed so hard when Taylor dragged Lana on stage even though it was clear she didn’t want to go :awkney:

Yeah I don't know if she was just really drunk today or what but she did not come across as likeable. :awkney: the speech announcing her album was so scripted and kinda cheap. Then the way she acted with Lana and the AOTY win with the humble bragging. It was a little self-absorbed. 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,565
On 2/5/2024 at 10:35 AM, corvus albus said:

The VMAs are fan voted, so they don't get the same attention as the Grammys by the industry, the GP or the artists.

Fan voting is not the point, Grammys are more prestigious because they have been the first music award, VMAs used to be even a bigger music event than Grammys in terms of popularity-audience during the late 80s-90s with giving awards who really felt it was worthy, memorable performances and also because it was the peak of MTV, you had VMAs giving awards to Bjork in the 90s, now MTV doesn't exists anymore and they're not even really fan voted, they are blantatly bought by who is attending.

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,343

The argument that taylor deserves to win everything everytime because she puts so much effort into music and doesnt do other ventures 1!1!1!1 is so dumb like this might apply to a few popgirls like Gaga, Ariana, Rihanna etc but there are still plenty of other artists to whom this doesnt apply.

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,565
On 2/5/2024 at 10:49 AM, corvus albus said:

Oscars brings in the lowest ratings in show’s history February 11

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/02/10/media/oscars-ratings/index.html

Oscars TV ratings improve – to third worst ever 14 Mar 2023

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2023/mar/14/oscars-tv-ratings-improve-to-third-worst-ever

Are The Academy Awards Losing Their Relevance? Mar 15, 2023

https://www.forbes.com/sites/janicegassam/2023/03/15/are-the-academy-awards-losing-their-relevance/?sh=236ae9857302

For the industry maybe, Oscars are struggling in general.

This doesn't say much, Oscars are also broadcasted in the rest of the world live, in my country they are airing them live (thing that never happened with Grammys), the overall media coverage Oscars get it still is bigger than Grammys.

ARTPOPster 1,609
On 2/5/2024 at 2:20 AM, Andreu said:

The argument that taylor deserves to win everything everytime because she puts so much effort into music and doesnt do other ventures 1!1!1!1 is so dumb like this might apply to a few popgirls like Gaga, Ariana, Rihanna etc but there are still plenty of other artists to whom this doesnt apply.

Yeah, the most hardworking artist of last year is probably someone nobody knows and wasn't nominated. 

Hard work =/= quality 

• paws up 1

On 2/5/2024 at 4:20 AM, Andreu said:

Right? As if being able to succeed at other ventures makes someone worse at music. Makes no sense.

• paws up 1

Popstanne 9,692
On 2/5/2024 at 3:20 PM, Andreu said:

Nobody said she should win because she isn't doing other ventures. I said she is able to release that much because she doesn't do other ventures. 

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,565
On 2/5/2024 at 10:43 AM, FRANZGA said:

But Most Popular is not equal to being the "Best" like for example MIDnights

And last time i checked Oscars is still the Most Talked, Most Prestigious, Most Watched, Most Anticipated Awards Show.. no?

They sure are.

People fall into a just world fallacy with Taylor. Her success and acclaim is disproportionate to her output so they have to default to these hard work arguments, or put down other artists for releasing less.

• paws up 3
  • thanks 2

Popster to Popster 4,565
On 2/5/2024 at 11:20 AM, Andreu said:

Especially when the continue output is always the same mediocre dull sh!t.

The girl has no range.

• paws up 1

Moderator 17,097
On 2/5/2024 at 11:21 AM, Leptine said:

This doesn't say much, Oscars are also broadcasted in the rest of the world live, in my country they are airing them live (thing that never happened with Grammys), the overall media coverage Oscars get it still is bigger than Grammys.

The entire film industry was worth 136 billion dollars in 2018, according to IFPI music industry is 26.2 billion in 2023. So that's why Grammys are a much smaller event. Doesn't have anything to do with prestige, but just how many people are potentially interested in the awards.

Pop-a-911-ster 31,596

The way Taylor ruined my day and probably my week :katy:

Gosh I’m so sick of her :katy: If only she was talented I would be happy but this girl has no talents in music :katy:

• paws up 3
  • thanks 2