The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 30,347

I feel like the snippet is more a way to give sign to the core fans so we hide our pitchforks and finally calm about it but letd be honest, no one outside of the fanbase knows and I dont think they expect otherwise tbh. An insta post would reach more casual audience than that.

• paws up 4

Pop-a-911-ster 22,754
On 5/27/2024 at 3:12 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I'm definitely sensing that as well, and it could be a cause for concern however it might have to do with the fact that people aren't even aware of the fact that she's coming back. I mean she hasn't even posted about it and even if you watch the special it's very easy to miss. This is anedoctic but I just sent a friend (who is a big fan of Gaga, has heard all of her albums) the video of the snippet and she was like "Oh the tour looks amazing, I have to watch it", she didn't even notice there was a new song attached. 

Alternatively it might just be the consequence of a shrinking fanbase - it's very possible that she's going to fight an uphill battle this time but honestly this has been the case for many times where Gaga thrives. I think if the quality is undeniable people will check it out. 

Oh and GP interest doesn't always correlate with social media. Normani is the biggest example of this - her album announcement post had more likes on twitter than most things Gaga has posted and yet the lead single missed to even chart on spotify 200. I'm sure there are many more examples. 

yeah i think it’s mainly cause she hasn’t officially announced it and the announcement in the film was quite easy to miss if you are a casual watcher. I think the hype will be here once she posts the snippet and announces the release date

• paws up 2
  • hugs 1

Popster This Way 962
On 5/27/2024 at 3:28 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Btw this is what a GGD moderator who claims to have heard the song had to say about it:

"how to say it.. imagine TFM but witch house, hardcore house (like the titititti sample in BR)"

I hope this means it has a big anthemic chorus. 

The only way to recapture GP interest is to bring back WeirdGa. We need a controversial video that will weird people out.   

• paws up 3

Popster for Sale 44,588
On 5/27/2024 at 1:35 PM, adelea said:

Y'all worried about mundane issues pls 

gaga will debut with more than 200k units im US and 400k units ww

thats a great debut even if its low According to her standards for example cc debuted with 480k units and ES debuted with 320k units on UWC 

In worst case scenerio i see lead debuting at #11 but if its good i see a top 5 or top 7 debut 

Thats enough for her to launch the era on a positive note 

Gaga is not on katy khia level where she have to struggle from her label to get TTH or radio payola. She will get both TTH and radio deal like SL did. The rest is on her shoulder. This era can easily survive if music is good enough and universal enough to stick with GP. I trust andrew watt and I like the snippet so far. I hope the singles are not very complex like applause or marry the night. But simpler and accessible. Deep cuts need to experimental like she did with born this way deep cuts like bloody mary and govt. hooker. Everything will be on our side this era, trust me AMEN 

I mean we're discussing chart performance of pop stars of course these are mundane issues :icant:

I think you're spot on that she needs acessible hit singles and experimental deep cuts. The singles need to should have some sort of edge though or the GP and fans will brand her "basic" and not like "old Gaga".

Pop-a-911-ster 30,347
On 5/27/2024 at 2:36 PM, Dean Judaster said:

also somebody explain to me what this khia business means please thank

Is the new word for flop 

Spoiler

Its also the name of a real person but idk how the tramsference of meaning happened

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,227
Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 8:12 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I'm definitely sensing that as well, and it could be a cause for concern however it might have to do with the fact that people aren't even aware of the fact that she's coming back. I mean she hasn't even posted about it and even if you watch the special it's very easy to miss. This is anedoctic but I just sent a friend (who is a big fan of Gaga, has heard all of her albums) the video of the snippet and she was like "Oh the tour looks amazing, I have to watch it", she didn't even notice there was a new song attached. 

Alternatively it might just be the consequence of a shrinking fanbase - it's very possible that she's going to fight an uphill battle this time but honestly this has been the case for many times where Gaga thrives. I think if the quality is undeniable people will check it out. 

Oh and GP interest doesn't always correlate with social media. Normani is the biggest example of this - her album announcement post had more likes on twitter than most things Gaga has posted and yet the lead single missed to even chart on spotify 200. I'm sure there are many more examples. 

Also I think so many people are still burned by Gaga, one of my coworkers messaged me who is a big Gaga fan and they asked “if it true that she teased the new era at the end?” And I responded yes and I got a very tepid “well she teased LG6 3 years before it came”

I think a handful of fans are just waiting for Gaga to officially say something/provide more context. I don’t think anyone would’ve said “see you in a year” after her first CBF editing post.

edit: I will say, she still hasn’t really announced anything yet, I say we hold off on any gloom posting until we actually know something lol. Making all these posts without knowing anything about the song other than 6 second is pointless.

No one expected Miley to smash so hard with “Flowers” and no one expected such an underperformance from Ari with “Yes, and?” So just wait until we actually have a song lol 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 4

Pop-a-911-ster 30,347

The way BTW is slowly but surely on track to become her 2nd most streamed album daily :applause:

Is being a 2009-2011 fad better than a HAC artisté? :ohyes:

Spoiler

At least talent will win then

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,848

@SweetOreosOfHeaven

You little SNEAK! How DARE you claim that you were the one who had the tea on the LG7 visual, when it was ME who sent it to you in Discord DMs in the first place. This slight will NOT go unrecorded. Shame on you.

Spoiler

:prideheart:

Popster for Sale 44,588
On 5/27/2024 at 2:09 PM, Ben said:

@SweetOreosOfHeaven

You little SNEAK! How DARE you claim that you were the one who had the tea on the LG7 visual, when it was ME who sent it to you in Discord DMs in the first place. This slight will NOT go unrecorded. Shame on you.

Reveal hidden contents

:prideheart:

When did I claim that? :whatga:

• lol 2

A Popster Is Born 17,829
On 5/27/2024 at 5:52 AM, Dean Judaster said:

Per Kworb: pre- and post-release of CBT Film difference

pre-release:

t5hIyUc.png

post-release:

kwZvKbk.png

• 911 jumped a lot :teddy:
  • Stupid Love went up a spot
  • HMH live somehow dropped despite being featured in the film (its official MV gained a bit though)
  • ROM dropped and was overtaken by Bloody Mary :katy:
  • Judas kept its rank and actually got a pretty good boost despite not being in the film :teddy:
  • This increase was over a Sunday, which I believe is rare for her YouTube MVs

Japan Flag Change in 1999 : r/vexillology
 :katy:

• lol 9

ARTPOPster 1,823
On 5/27/2024 at 8:28 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Btw this is what a GGD moderator who claims to have heard the song had to say about it:

"how to say it.. imagine TFM but witch house, hardcore house (like the titititti sample in BR)"

I hope this means it has a big anthemic chorus. 

That mod apparently loves to troll so it’s good to keep expectations low 

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,848
On 5/27/2024 at 9:24 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

When did I claim that? :whatga:

Popster for Sale 44,588
Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 2:28 PM, Ben said:

It's true. I spread it beforehand based on reddit user atorga's info and not the ggd/discord members info which corroborated that theory later on.

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • hugs 1

ARTPOPster 1,848
On 5/27/2024 at 9:36 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

It's true. I spread it beforehand based on reddit user atorga's info and not the ggd/discord members info which corroborated that theory later on.

Oh okay I see. I was too high on my ego to notice :laughga: