Pop-a-911-ster 26,461

Per Kworb: pre- and post-release of CBT Film difference

pre-release:

t5hIyUc.png

post-release:

kwZvKbk.png

• 911 jumped a lot :teddy:
  • Stupid Love went up a spot
  • HMH live somehow dropped despite being featured in the film (its official MV gained a bit though)
  • ROM dropped and was overtaken by Bloody Mary :katy:
  • Judas kept its rank and actually got a pretty good boost despite not being in the film :teddy:
  • This increase was over a Sunday, which I believe is rare for her YouTube MVs
  • paws up 4

ARTPOPster 2,184
On 5/24/2024 at 9:15 PM, nattuggla89 said:

Interesting that this account posted the title End of February.....

wait WTF

Pop-a-911-ster 31,664

Not Gaga being closed to Ariana on YouTube :dead:

Daily views

4.3M for Ariana

4.2M for Gaga 

:dead: and Ariana is smashing on the platform with WCBF :dead:

Popster for Sale 44,595
On 5/27/2024 at 10:56 AM, Miaou said:

Not Gaga being closed to Ariana on YouTube :dead:

Daily views

4.3M for Ariana

4.2M for Gaga 

:dead: and Ariana is smashing on the platform with WCBF :dead:

Yeah Gaga is major in youtube. I think this has to do with how big she is in latin-america where people still use youtube a lot. She needs to come back with a sickening music video this time around and take advantage of her youtube power.

• paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 22,755
On 5/27/2024 at 12:08 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

She needs to do something truly attention grabbing because otherwise the GP just isn't really checking that much for her unfortunately. At least they will for Joker for sure. Hope this project serves quality regardless of chart success.

she seems very passionate about the music so i’m hopeful that she will promote it and serve sickening looks

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster to Popster 4,586
On 5/27/2024 at 12:02 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Yeah Gaga is major in youtube. I think this has to do with how big she is in latin-america where people still use youtube a lot. She needs to come back with a sickening music video this time around and take advantage of her youtube power.

The music video of the lead single has to be top notch, no excuses.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 12,801
On 5/26/2024 at 11:03 AM, totallyNOTentela said:

You are the only one talking sh!t on the snippet when everyone else is praising it

Mind you would be gagging if Brittany Sp*ss was teasing that

spacer.png

Girl please the snippet is good (sounds a little like Sia’s ‘dance alone’ hihi) I just said prepare yourself for the tanking and it wasn’t really anything new (MTN/DITD)

and Brit is a scientist in that studio, we seldom see what she brings to POP in other MPG 
Britney Spears Dancing GIF by Jessimae Peluso

Pop-a-911-ster 27,096

AM US (Pop) [Albums] Cutoff is #26

#39 Chromatica
#45 TFM
#68 TF

#132 BTW
#144 ARTPOP
#168 BTW (Special Edition)

• paws up 4
  • shook 1
  • yaas, gaga 2
  • love 2

Popster This Way 962

TBH I'm a bit concerned about the lack of hype after the announcement. There's no viral posts on Twitter, and even cigarette-ridden ATRL doesn't seem to be excited about this with the "Gaga is coming" thread barely cracking 300 replies. I'm mentally prepared for a commercial disaster, but I think that the music will be good if the rumors are true. I don't think that Gaga herself is that bothered by commercial success at the current stage of her career.   

That said, the GP interest might not correlate with social media. There was immense hype on ATRL after the Perfect Illusion announcement, but the single flopped anyway.   

• paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,755

hopefully the lead comes soon, i can’t wait any longer cause the snippet sounds so good and makes me so excited :giveup:

• yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,595
Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 1:06 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

TBH I'm a bit concerned about the lack of hype after the announcement. There's no viral posts on Twitter, and even cigarette-ridden ATRL doesn't seem to be excited about this with the "Gaga is coming" thread barely cracking 300 replies. I'm mentally prepared for a commercial disaster, but I think that the music will be good if the rumors are true. I don't think that Gaga herself is that bothered by commercial success at the current stage of her career.   

That said, the GP interest might not correlate with social media. There was immense hype on ATRL after the Perfect Illusion announcement, but the single flopped anyway.   

I'm definitely sensing that as well, and it could be a cause for concern however it might have to do with the fact that people aren't even aware of the fact that she's coming back. I mean she hasn't even posted about it and even if you watch the special it's very easy to miss. This is anedoctic but I just sent a friend (who is a big fan of Gaga, has heard all of her albums) the video of the snippet and she was like "Oh the tour looks amazing, I have to watch it", she didn't even notice there was a new song attached. 

Alternatively it might just be the consequence of a shrinking fanbase - it's very possible that she's going to fight an uphill battle this time but honestly this has been the case for many times where Gaga thrives. I think if the quality is undeniable people will check it out. 

Oh and GP interest doesn't always correlate with social media. Normani is the biggest example of this - her album announcement post had more likes on twitter than most things Gaga has posted and yet the lead single missed to even chart on spotify 200. I'm sure there are many more examples. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 44,595
On 5/27/2024 at 1:07 PM, boobatella said:

hopefully the lead comes soon, i can’t wait any longer cause the snippet sounds so good and makes me so excited :giveup:

It's stuck in my mind :giveup:

• love 1

Popster for Sale 44,595
Posted (edited)

I know I sound like a broken record but...regardless of chart performance I maintain that what Gaga needs is an acclaimed album that stands the test of time. And she needs to prove she can still serve visuals like no one else. This doesn't instantly guarantee commercial success but in the long run it matters, I think Gaga will have many more chances at commercial success (even this year with J:FAD). 

Not to sound like Mother Theresa but we should really try to enjoy this era for what it is - a lot of us didn't even expect music to come out this year - and not let charts dictate how we feel about it (no matter how fun it is to follow them as well). 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • paws up 11

Pop-a-911-ster 26,461
On 5/27/2024 at 9:18 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

This doesn't instantly guarantee commercial success but in the long run it matters

Exactly. I mean look at BTW album as a whole. It was very polarizing as a body of work. Despite debuting well, it suffered with longevity. However, quality work will always stand the test of time. Bloody Mary became viral and jumped from probably just 10s of millions of streams to half a billion in under 2 years. Even Judas, which was initially considered the problematic single that handicapped the entire era has been growing steadily the last 5 years, and is now carrying the album. Even other album tracks, Government Hooker and Heavy Metal Lover also enjoyed minor boosts. Not to mention Born This Way the track is a pride classic and will probably get its boost fairly soon. All in all its streaming stats are finally reflecting how big of an era it was initially (debut numbers and massive tour), and by extension, is also helping erode the OGH narrative that Gaga only relies on TF+M and ASIB.

• paws up 7
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster for Sale 44,595

Btw this is what a GGD moderator who claims to have heard the song had to say about it:

"how to say it.. imagine TFM but witch house, hardcore house (like the titititti sample in BR)"

I hope this means it has a big anthemic chorus. 

• love 1