On 5/21/2024 at 12:21 PM, Adarsh said:

Then don’t listen to it? It’s not like you’re being held at gunpoint :billie:

Whack him! 

How is that troll not banned yet? they're obviosly not a fan

Edited by Monster
  • thanks 1

The Fame Popster 333
On 5/21/2024 at 3:22 PM, ReadyGaga said:

Marry The Night - Born This Way - The Edge Of Glory - Judas - BloodyMary - Scheisse - Yoü and i. 

Imagine this single run:giveup:

Born This Way bigger than The Fame and The Fame Monster :giveup:

ARTPOP becoming a hit album :giveup:

Why would anyone trade the sheer impact of BTW (song) on music, pop culture, and even the American political environment for… maybe a bit more successful singles run? BTW doesn’t work as anything other than the lead. Without all eyes on Gaga’s comeback and visibility from the Grammys debut, it wouldn’t have smashed records, and Radio would’ve been able to ignore an unapologetically gay anthem as a second single. Coupled with the Madonna drama, it would’ve performed like Judas: strong debut and tumble down/out.

I love MTN and BTW (album) but Gaga has never made music that could be carried by US Radio, and by the 4th single, everyone who might’ve bought the album had. Albums with massive debut sales like BTW never get 4+ single campaigns which sacrifice album sales for singles sales (Teenage Dream, Rihanna pre ANTi), or need remixes / reissues unless the music is generic enough for Radio to prop up (Delicate).

They should’ve released ScheiBe instead of Judas as a promo single in April to gauge if Radio was on board (like EOG). Quicker album release and fewer pre-album singles would’ve delayed the inevitable fatigue.

Tl;Dr: BTW > ScheiBe > EOG > MTN > You and I > Hair (international) was probably the best scenario for milking singles. Or, BTW > EOG > MTN > You and I > ScheiBe (international) > Hair. 

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

Popstanne 9,722
On 5/22/2024 at 1:39 AM, Monster said:

How is that troll not banned yet? they're obviosly not a fan

like other Taylor, Britney and Beyonce camping and trolling here.

I will give it to Ava fans here they don't hate Gaga every other day.  

• lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,518
On 5/21/2024 at 5:50 PM, JustJames said:

They should’ve released ScheiBe instead of Judas as a promo single in April to gauge if Radio was on board (like EOG). Quicker album release and fewer pre-album singles would’ve delayed the inevitable fatigue.

Not you arguing about impact and legacy over streams/sales, then in the same post say she should not have released Judas, when it literally is one of her best MVs to date, a quintessential Gaga song that has aged so well (arguably the best in BTW at least), and isn't fronloaded like most of her other hits. :mess:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,174
On 5/21/2024 at 6:44 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I’m disgusted. Poor Billie. 

Billie has no chance… sad but fair I think

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 2,930
On 5/21/2024 at 10:50 PM, JustJames said:

Why would anyone trade the sheer impact of BTW (song) on music, pop culture, and even the American political environment for… maybe a bit more successful singles run? BTW doesn’t work as anything other than the lead. Without all eyes on Gaga’s comeback and visibility from the Grammys debut, it wouldn’t have smashed records, and Radio would’ve been able to ignore an unapologetically gay anthem as a second single. Coupled with the Madonna drama, it would’ve performed like Judas: strong debut and tumble down/out.

I love MTN and BTW (album) but Gaga has never made music that could be carried by US Radio, and by the 4th single, everyone who might’ve bought the album had. Albums with massive debut sales like BTW never get 4+ single campaigns which sacrifice album sales for singles sales (Teenage Dream, Rihanna pre ANTi), or need remixes / reissues unless the music is generic enough for Radio to prop up (Delicate).

Tl;Dr: BTW > ScheiBe > EOG > MTN > You and I > Hair (international) was probably the best scenario for milking singles. Or, BTW > EOG > MTN > You and I > ScheiBe (international) > Hair. 

Marry the night as lead was Gaga's vision

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,356
On 5/21/2024 at 5:44 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I’m disgusted. Poor Billie. 

She’s such a bitter woman. All because Billie said something about selling multiple versions of your album so it doesn’t destroy the planet. And she didn’t even mention her….What a f-ing petty b*ch.

• paws up 3
  • hugs 1
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,631

The way people in the base were saying that mid-late May would have been enough to avoid to be blocked by Taylor..

:mess:

I can't imagine this fanbase meltdowns if this would have happened to Gaga..

• thanks 4