The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 5/4/2024 at 3:41 PM, ViviLittleM said:

I can't even imagine the numbers Gaga will do, idk.

It's impossible to say given we don't know the music direction, when she's gonna release and how it will be received.

In the worst scenario, I don't see her doing less than 100k.

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 10,481
On 5/4/2024 at 9:18 PM, Leptine said:

It's impossible to say given we don't know the music direction, when she's gonna release and how it will be received.

In the worst scenario, I don't see her doing less than 100k.

Depend about a lot of things, music genre of course but also how is doing single, the number of tracks, the number of versions and how people and her fanbase will react to the artistic direction

Could do less than 100k if fans are not fully supporting imo. She's trully fan driven when it's about solo music

Popster This Way 962
On 5/4/2024 at 10:27 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Depend about a lot of things, music genre of course but also how is doing single, the number of tracks, the number of versions and how people and her fanbase will react to the artistic direction

Could do less than 100k if fans are not fully supporting imo. She's trully fan driven when it's about solo music

Also, you have to take into account the fact that her fanbase has shrunk significantly over the past four years. Her recent post about music hasn't cracked 300K likes, which is very telling. Dua's numbers are pretty shocking considering that she's coming off such a massive era, Cold Heart, and Dance The Night. If Gaga fails to capitalize on the Joker hype, then 100K would be the best-case scenario for her.     

• sad 1
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 10,481
Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2024 at 9:35 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Also, you have to take into account the fact that her fanbase has shrunk significantly over the past four years. Her recent post about music hasn't cracked 300K likes, which is very telling. Dua's numbers are pretty shocking considering that she's coming off such a massive era, Cold Heart, and Dance The Night. If Gaga fails to capitalize on the Joker hype, then 100K would be the best-case scenario for her.     

I may be totally wrong but I'm not sure Joker will have a huge impact on selling her own music especially if it's not in the same vibes as the movie. People may check or not. 

But I'm not sure people who liked ASIB were the ones who supported Chromatica when it was out. Mainly getting its success because of a strong fanbase stanning her return to dance pop music. She trully had one of most faithful and supporting base (and maybe a bit grumpy :laughga:)  ever. But they even suported her CTC era. Not sure we are still in the same place of support in 2024 but oh well we'll see

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 5/4/2024 at 9:35 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

There's no evidence her fanbase **has shrunk significantly**, that is a  straight made up assumption by your part.

IG followers and likes on social media have never been correlated to actual album-music sales, J.Lo should sells like Beyoncé given her 250M followers if that was the case.

100k won't be the best scenario for her, please.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

New Popster 0
On 4/22/2024 at 1:59 PM, Miaou said:

I can see DL3 debuting with 80K/100K in the US

but MOSTLY winning the longevity game which is the most important metric to judge a successful era 

:mess::mess::mess:

Popster to Popster 4,003
On 5/4/2024 at 4:53 PM, Adarsh said:

And people said Dua is the new Rihanna. You need to have charisma for that. She’s the new Katy at best without her Prism era.

Katy Rihanna doja now dua they are not albums artists (maybe Rihanna is after anti) but they don't have bug fanbases to carry them they get moderate debuts and gp picks on that but Rihanna esp has very good ear for hits no wonder she has voiced so many smash hits 

Popster to Popster 4,003
On 5/5/2024 at 12:57 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

L4S did 50k i dont think she is doing less tha. 100k for a studio album but hopefully its 200k+

Popster to Popster 4,003
On 5/5/2024 at 1:13 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

may be totally wrong but I'm not sure Joker will have a huge impact on selling her own music

It wont

A Popster Is Born 10,481

Just my own vision but I'm sure Dua could do very interesting stuff if she would turn into more alternative / experimental music stage.

I really enjoy RO, I'm honestly curious for her next step tbh

A Popster Is Born 12,812
On 5/4/2024 at 9:15 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Katy Rihanna doja now dua they are not albums artists (maybe Rihanna is after anti) but they don't have bug fanbases to carry them they get moderate debuts and gp picks on that but Rihanna esp has very good ear for hits no wonder she has voiced so many smash hits 

Dua is one album away from becoming a judge on the masked singer UK edition and this will be another win for the Denise of dance-pop, no more gays using her as the blue-print 
Ducks Laughing GIF

• lol 2

ARTPOPster 1,829

Poor Dua because the album tracks besides the singles weren’t really memorable on the first listen :enigma: I dk how she did it but she did know how to create insanely catchy melodies on FN which is not the case here 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,481
On 5/4/2024 at 10:24 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

Dua is one album away from becoming a judge on the masked singer UK edition and this will be another win for the Denise of dance-pop, no more gays using her as the blue-print 
Ducks Laughing GIF

That's the best I could wish for her tbh. Who would like to be a main pop girl harrassed by gays online. You can clearly see she's already done with it in interviews :uhh:

The Fame Popster 313
On 5/4/2024 at 12:47 PM, Leptine said:

There's no evidence her fanbase **has shrunk significantly**, that is a  straight made up assumption by your part.

IG followers and likes on social media have never been correlated to actual album-music sales, J.Lo should sells like Beyoncé given her 250M followers if that was the case.

100k won't be the best scenario for her, please.

I was going to say the same thing,

only our core fanbase that comes onto these forums are the ones running around saying the fanbase has dwindled, but that’s only because the majority of us don’t have time to be chronically online anymore like when we were 13-21, but we’re all literally still here and will be here silently waiting for the music to drop 

• thanks 4
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,379

It feels like this fanbase has shrunk a lot due to the lack of content, and while it's true she has never done much to get new younger fans that haven't followed her since the beginning and her og fans are older and less invested, as soon as she gets up and start releasing stuff, more people will have their eyes on her

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

ARTPOPster 1,857
Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2024 at 4:57 PM, Andreu said:

It feels like this fanbase has shrunk a lot due to the lack of content

The fanbase has absolutely shrunk, and it's really sad. What gets to me most is the possibility that Gaga might not care :(

Not that she wouldn't care about any mean-spiritedness or hate, but rather be indifferent to shrinking numbers

Edited by Ben

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 5/4/2024 at 10:57 PM, Andreu said:

It feels like this fanbase has shrunk a lot due to the lack of content, and while it's true she has never done much to get new younger fans that haven't followed her since the beginning and her og fans are older and less invested, as soon as she gets up and start releasing stuff, more people will have their eyes on her

The JFAD exposure will bring the general audience attention to her again in a big way, despite what some people think it's always the general audience that makes the difference in a successful era and sales, it's not a fanbase shrinking, Gaga core fanabse remained for the majority, I would say only taylor Swift has a real big fanbase that makes the difference in terms of sales but the rest it all depends from the GP support.

Gaga fanbase didn't shrink from BTW to ARTPOP, there weren't reasons by then, it was the lack of general audience support that made the latter less successful in terms of sales.

• thanks 4
  • love 1