The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Popster for Sale 57,289
On 4/21/2024 at 1:05 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

Didn’t expect Fortnight to lose 11M on 2nd day

See, this is why this can't be comparable to actual smashes that peaked at 20M+ like As It Was or Easy on Me :laughga:

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 57,289
On 4/21/2024 at 5:05 AM, Doncho said:

Wow thats INSANE! Other artists would DREAM of selling that just for an entire year :rip:

No one is touching her success-wise anytime soon

This "first day" numbers are always misleading because it includes 2 months of preorders and with all those variants

It's not like over a million people rushed to the store on Friday like it was actually the case with Adele's 25

• paws up 5
  • thanks 2

Popster for Sale 57,289
On 4/20/2024 at 5:28 PM, Fame Romance said:

Only song in top 25

Oh Taylor you will never be famous in France :billie:

image.png?ex=66376d99&is=6624f899&hm=a57Day 2 in France not -27:dead:

Only 12/31 songs in top 200 :billie:

Spoiler

Waiting for Delulu quote saying France doesn't matter etc :billie:

Edited by Fame Romance
  • paws up 1
  • lol 2

Popster for Sale 44,772
On 4/21/2024 at 12:13 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Another frontloaded album mess in sight ? :ally:

The percentage drop was more in tune with her recent re-recordings than her original work this decade. 

However I think the weekday updates will be more telling. I mean it did such massive colossal debut numbers that it's bound to have a big drop on the first few days. This album was bound to be huge regardless of quality etc. but for the first time since a lot of years I feel like this is her peak.

There won't necessarily be a downfall per se but I think the insane snowball effect is now going to come to a halt, she's not going to keep increasing with every re-recording like she has up until now. It just doesn't feel possible that Reputation or TS will garner half as much interest as this, even if she releases both of them combined. Not sure when the next album is coming but at this point releasing another bloated album devoid of artistic growth would do more harm than good, so I think she's reached the summit. No one is breaking these records anytime soon though. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 14,819
On 4/21/2024 at 1:33 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

The percentage drop was more in tune with her recent re-recordings than her original work this decade. 

However I think the weekday updates will be more telling. I mean it did such massive colossal debut numbers that it's bound to have a big drop on the first few days. This album was bound to be huge regardless of quality etc. but for the first time since a lot of years I feel like this is her peak.

There won't necessarily be a downfall per se but I think the insane snowball effect is now going to come to a halt, she's not going to keep increasing with every re-recording like she has up until now. It just doesn't feel possible that Reputation or TS will garner half as much interest as this, even if she releases both of them combined. Not sure when the next album is coming but at this point releasing another bloated album devoid of artistic growth would do more harm than good, so I think she's reached the summit. No one is breaking these records anytime soon though. 

hope she gets lost in the woods again and releases folklore act ii lmao

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,754

We need LG7’s lead single 

1) to exist

2) to have a great music video

because we all know Gaga has the potential to have amazing views on YouTube and beat Taylor.

• paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 3

Popster for Sale 44,772
On 4/21/2024 at 12:40 PM, ViviLittleM said:

We need LG7’s lead single 

1) to exist

2) to have a great music video

because we all know Gaga has the potential to have amazing views on YouTube and beat Taylor.

Yeah she can do that. Gaga is very lucky she has not been dethroned as THE music video artist of her generation despite obvious diminishing returns in the latter half of her career. Like no one has managed to replace her. She should take advantage of the fact that music videos are a dying art right now and come back with something that is really outstanding - I think the GP would appreciate it greatly and it could bring her a lot of positive attention. There have been steps in the right direction ever since Chromatica era, so let's see. If she pulls out a no-visuals-approach like Bey it would be really f-cking depressing tbh. 

Anyway 100% sure no Taylor music video from this era will manage to outview Hold My Hand. :icant:

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 11,857
On 4/21/2024 at 10:11 AM, Fame Romance said:

Oop

These made up records :mess:

Who cares for 2nd biggest day? lmao

• thanks 2

Popster for Sale 57,289

Yup totally…

Not to sound like delulu Hive but perfect example of chart performance vs. cultural impact 

It is seen and used as a feminist anthem 

Edited by Fame Romance
  • paws up 3
  • yaas, gaga 1
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 22,771

my twitter feed is full of swifties theories and Taylor and Matty Healy’s relationship :toofunny:

NO ONE CARES 

• thanks 3

A Popster Is Born 13,402
On 4/21/2024 at 7:00 PM, Fame Romance said:

Yup totally…

Not to sound like delulu Hive but perfect example of chart performance vs. cultural impact 

It is seen and used as a feminist anthem 

This is one of the first English songs I ever heard as a child :giveup:  Judas being the first Gaga song :applause:

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 13,402
On 4/21/2024 at 7:14 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

I’ve noticed that Joker fans are very passionate about the movie and defend it a lot. Praying that they love the second one too 🤞🏼🧿❤️

Edited by Adarsh
  • yaas, gaga 4