The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 26,880

I love Taylor but this is the boring "evermore" sister :katy:

Florida :whatga: (learn Gaga how to put Florence Welch in a song :icant:)

• love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,880

Unless I have to admit Taylor's songs grow up on me with the time, when I notice the meaning of each song and the "fat fan" starts feeling her lyrics in my blood :ohhh:

Spoiler

that last part was deep even for me :icant:

Popster This Way 588

Taylor proving yet again that she’s the biggest artist of all time. Bigger than than Michelangelo or Da Vinci. I think the government should make it a rule for everyone to be a swiftie now. No one should have to miss out on her genius.

• lol 10
  • love 1

On 4/19/2024 at 1:37 PM, Matteo Remondi said:

In 1 update Taylor has all the tracks in the top25 of AM US, #1 included. Insane omg

It looks like she's going to break Adele's record. She's coming for 300M on Spotify alone with 31 tracks. 

A Popster Is Born 13,327
On 4/19/2024 at 5:03 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

I think this album will have legs because it's very appealing for straight women. 

Aren’t Taylor fans already mostly straight women?

• lol 4

Pop-a-911-ster 38,939
On 4/19/2024 at 7:33 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

I think this album will have legs because it's very appealing for straight women. 

What? Every Taylor album is made for straight women……:laughga:

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,426

I feel like the Anthology was a last minute reveal as an answer to Bey's CC also having a lot of songs. Everything just feels so robotic with this release. I think cameltoe chariot on ATRL kinda said it succinctly:

This year has shown quite clearly that Taylor has reached the limits of her short scope of creativity - she's on Hallmark Movie autopilot and both the lyrics and the visuals are suffering big time... and paired with her money hungry tactics none of it feels real anymore.

Edited by Dean Judaster
  • thanks 5

ARTPOPster 1,762

critics giving this a 100 just proves that music critic is a joke nowadays

the way the public reaction is more reliable :icant:

• paws up 1
  • thanks 3

Pop-a-911-ster 38,939

amen 👏🏼👏🏼

edit: I’ll check out the album at some point but man oh man I can’t do 31 tracks of the same song over and over…does anyone have like a list of highlights of like the 10 best songs or something? @OliverDespechao @SweetOreosOfHeaven do either of you have one?

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 11,752
On 4/19/2024 at 7:37 AM, Matteo Remondi said:

In 1 update Taylor has all the tracks in the top25 of AM US, #1 included. Insane omg

Wow literally the most overrated artist in recent years. I heard 2 minutes of that lead single and its exactly what I expected. Soft voice and boring sound that she has already done 300 times in the past

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,326
On 4/19/2024 at 12:56 PM, Dean Judaster said:

I feel like the Anthology was a last minute reveal as an answer to Bey's CC also having a lot of songs. Everything just feels so robotic with this release. I think cameltoe chariot on ATRL kinda said it succinctly:

I completely agree. I don't think it's a coincidence both Bey and Taylor released albums with so many tracks but I feel like it works against the quality of an album at some point, there's a happy medium.

It wasn't as bad for CC because there is a lot of variety, but it made me completely lose interest in this project, it's so insipid. It reminds me of 1989 bonus tracks which I was looking forward to (one of my favourite pop albums of all time) only for them to sound like Midnights rejects. This whole album sounding like that as well was not on my cards. 

I also just can't relate to a billionaire on top of the world still making entire albums of painting herself as the victim. Folklore and Evermore seemed to me to signal a maturity in Taylor that I really appreciated. Then came Midnights which I eventually realized was a regression from that but at least it had more than a couple of fun pop moments. This is just abysmal, maybe it's because of the time she as spent on the re-recordings, and the success and anacronic praise they have had, but it's like she went back to being a teenager. 

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • thanks 3

Popster for Sale 44,326
On 4/19/2024 at 1:06 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

amen 👏🏼👏🏼

edit: I’ll check out the album at some point but man oh man I can’t do 31 tracks of the same song over and over…does anyone have like a list of highlights of like the 10 best songs or something? @OliverDespechao @SweetOreosOfHeaven do either of you have one?

I mean I've tried listening to it but couldn't get all the way through the latter half. It's a chore. Wouldn't recommend personally :icant:

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • thanks 2
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,880

what an endless album...

I feel like I'm listening the same song for hours now :toofunny:

Edited by emig_09
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 4
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,318

The way yall cooked Nicki (rightfully so) for having half the songs on the physical release and Taylor has done the same twice in a row :rip: 

• paws up 1
  • shook 1

Popster for Sale 44,326
On 4/19/2024 at 2:04 PM, Andreu said:

The way yall cooked Nicki (rightfully so) for having half the songs on the physical release and Taylor has done the same twice in a row :rip: 

Not enough seasoning in this dish I fear :mess:

Pop-a-911-ster 26,426
On 4/19/2024 at 10:00 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

I mean I've tried listening to it but couldn't get all the way through the latter half. It's a chore. Wouldn't recommend personally :icant:

my wife shut it off after the song following Florida. At some point we were both asking, is this a new song already?

• paws up 1

On 4/19/2024 at 2:37 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

What? Every Taylor album is made for straight women……:laughga:

My point is that her music is specifically tailored for straight women, which is why most gay men find it unappealing. Straight women do not bop to songs like Alice or B2B (even though I find them to be much better than anything in Taylor's discography). Taylor has successfully taken over the Adele demo, which is why she is so huge. Catering to straight women also helped Gaga during the ASIB era. I personally don't like most ASIB songs, but they were very successful. 

• paws up 1