The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Popster for Sale 57,262
On 4/8/2024 at 10:29 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

The fraudulence of Beautiful Things and that other tiktok fueled hit that exploded out of nowhere lmao. Losing millions of streams one day and then gaining them the day after.

The Spotify charts starting to look like YouTube algorithm’d charts 

Watch Bomb Appétit pull 8M all of a sudden

• lol 4

Pop-a-911-ster 31,828

I hope FadGa debuts with 10K streams at best for the lead (if there is one)

• lol 1

The Fame Popster 386
On 4/8/2024 at 10:11 PM, BenG said:

Then the insurance company will go bankrupt.

Pharmaceutical companies typically receive a lot of funding from governments, i.e. taxpayers money, yet taxpayers usually get nothing in return, as prices are set to maximise profits, way beyond breakeven.

A separate question would be whether drug prices should be (partially) regulated like utility. There are, however, strong arguments against regulations that are too tight, which would slow down innovation, since there is less motivation to chase profits.

Well in Austria the public health insurance is obligatory and automatically gets substracted from your salary (health insurance 7,65% and 1,2% accident insurance, pension and so on). So everybody who is sick at some point will benefit from this system as the society pays into a common pot. So far it works decent especially the assurance for a free and good treatment for severly ill people like people with cancer.

Fundings are important but the whole Pharma sector only got like 50 Million Euro from the government in 2022 here in Austria which is basically a fraction of what R&D expenses are (if I may recall expenses where like almost 300Million in 2023). Approximately only 1 out of 10.000 compounds is managing to pass all clinical phases to be available on the market so yeah a lot of money goes down the drain along the way.

I am not denying that (like every other company from any sector) a pharmaceutical is also profit-driven. But the maximisation in profit might be a good thing as it is a drives for more innovation to increase quality of life for patients and e.g. expansion of the company to generate more jobs.

Edited by nattuggla89
  • paws up 1

Pop-a-911-ster 26,503

still so funny to me that liddos keep bashing A-Yo, and in the same breath praise Diamond Heart. And yet, A-Yo keeps outstreaming the latter consistently :icant:

• thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,863
On 4/8/2024 at 6:51 PM, emig_09 said:

OMGGGG 

HOLY CRAP

Popster to Popster 4,199

When she quietly removes the Chromatica Ball from her bio while everyone’s talking about the trailer tomorrow, then what

:bradley:

• lol 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 11,845
On 4/8/2024 at 9:26 PM, OnionGirl said:

When she quietly removes the Chromatica Ball from her bio while everyone’s talking about the trailer tomorrow, then what

:bradley:

Then we celebrate that Traumatica era is finally over :applause:

• yaas, gaga 1