The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 4/5/2024 at 10:38 PM, Fame Romance said:

The way only Taylor and Adele can outdebut her :applause:

Even Drake’s last few albums did less

I think Gaga could potentially debut with these numbers with the right project and first single choice, especially if they take advantage of the Joker buzz.

Lot of if.

Edited by Leptine

Pop-a-911-ster 26,499
Spoiler

a friend who is a Gaga stan said she should just retire because everything she's been serving since Chromatica has been mid etc... fans are really losing their hope for miss girlie

@SweetOreosOfHeaven

Spoiler

I didn't want to bring it up since we finally have solid crumbs to expect with the JFAD trailer, but I share the same sentiment. That recent JusticeforKatyPerry trend about how she took a long break (3 years) while the music scene changed rapidly, she didn't cultivate a fanbase so the GP discarded her after losing the cool factor is very very reminiscent of what is going on with Gaga right now. 4 years and counting since her last proper studio album, music trends have changed, she is now chasing after the GP support instead of the fanbase that kept her afloat post ARTPOP. The only difference is Gaga was never afraid of experimenting, but the wait time and the inability to keep her dwindling fanbase is making me concerned.

It's ironic that we as a fanbase used to wear it a badge of honor that we stayed with her during her commercial downturn. Now, a vocal part of the fanbase have no issues telling other fans to just leave/unstan her, or to seek out other artists, or that we are only success stans.

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 44,744
On 4/6/2024 at 12:43 PM, Dean Judaster said:
  Reveal hidden contents

a friend who is a Gaga stan said she should just retire because everything she's been serving since Chromatica has been mid etc... fans are really losing their hope for miss girlie

@SweetOreosOfHeaven

Reveal hidden contents

I didn't want to bring it up since we finally have solid crumbs to expect with the JFAD trailer, but I share the same sentiment. That recent JusticeforKatyPerry trend about how she took a long break (3 years) while the music scene changed rapidly, she didn't cultivate a fanbase so the GP discarded her after losing the cool factor is very very reminiscent of what is going on with Gaga right now. 4 years and counting since her last proper studio album, music trends have changed, she is now chasing after the GP support instead of the fanbase that kept her afloat post ARTPOP. The only difference is Gaga was never afraid of experimenting, but the wait time and the inability to keep her dwindling fanbase is making me concerned.

It's ironic that we as a fanbase used to wear it a badge of honor that we stayed with her during her commercial downturn. Now, a vocal part of the fanbase have no issues telling other fans to just leave/unstan her, or to seek out other artists, or that we are only success stans.

Yeah I mean I get it but I still have some faith in her

Pop-a-911-ster 26,499
On 4/6/2024 at 8:48 AM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Yeah I mean I get it but I still have some faith in her

I do too, and as always, I would love to be proven wrong. We always say it's a make or break for her and she's still here. But at the same time, I think the lack of consistency is why we also keep thinking she needs to keep proving herself. Not to mention it's really not just her, but the people around her. Ratchy for one, is a huge disappointment for me and I really hope he was booted out. Then there's also the handling of her commercial aspect such as playlisting, or things that don't really need to take effort from her/affect her health, but are still grossly mishandled.

• paws up 2

Popster for Sale 44,744
On 4/6/2024 at 12:50 PM, Dean Judaster said:

I do too, and as always, I would love to be proven wrong. We always say it's a make or break for her and she's still here. But at the same time, I think the lack of consistency is why we also keep thinking she needs to keep proving herself. Not to mention it's really not just her, but the people around her. Ratchy for one, is a huge disappointment for me and I really hope he was booted out. Then there's also the handling of her commercial aspect such as playlisting, or things that don't really need to take effort from her/affect her health, but are still grossly mishandled.

Yeah it's time she really delivers. Right now it feels like her fans are less supportive of her than the GP. And I don't mean this in a "her fanbase is toxic!!!111!" way (though, that is also true, as it is to a certain extent with every fanbase), but in the sense that people who really ride for her and kept her relevant through all the backlash etc. are feeling very disconnected to her right now. They have to be aware of that, and I think her random frequent posting is a reaction to that. But it'll take a lot more than selfies to gain back the trust she's lost. 

I think she'll still be a successfull act overall, her acting career is very promising, but in music she's just sprinting towards legacy artist status, like maybe she's really totally run out of inspiration? That conflicts with her statements but idk I'll need to see her walk the walk. Still very excited for FAD and LG7 but with some reservations (especially for the latter).

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • paws up 1

Popster This Way 902

Imo Gaga is facing the same problem as Madonna post 2000s, both of them keep changing their artistic directions and music styles with every new era to the point that a huge portion of fanbase feel disconnected to the music.

Even though their popularities among GP are still going strong, fans still can’t stop feeling disappointed by their career choices sometimes. The lack of cultivation in the fanbase is worrying, and her incompetent staffs are part of the reason why she has to prove herself over and over again.

• paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 10,514

What actually worries me a bit about fans being even more disconnected is that we're ahead of her next musical move that is meant to be a record full of 1930s songs covers that her fanbase will gladly let underperform and general users of streaming service won't even touch.

I honestly don't see Joker as a hyper promo that will make everybody involved for her next record, but we'll see

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,744
On 4/6/2024 at 2:49 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

What actually worries me a bit about fans being even more disconnected is that we're ahead of her next musical move that is meant to be a record full of 30s songs covers that her fanbase will gladly let underperform and general users of streaming service won't even touch.

I honestly don't see Joker as a hyper promo that will make everybody involved for her next record, but we'll see

30s songs? 

ARTPOPster 1,832

How in the world is Hozier doing so well right now? His new song is so mid and he def does not have a large fanbase :whatga:

Edited by Aloe