ARTPOPster 1,860
On 3/24/2024 at 11:22 AM, Andreu said:

Losing mostly :disappointed:

What? Poker Face is a million times better than ARUTW

• thanks 1
  • love 1

The Fame Popster 384
On 3/24/2024 at 11:48 AM, Miaou said:

300M streams in 2 years attached to one of the biggest movies of all time is tragic :banana:

Same goes for the anticipated lead single Stupid Love which is not even able to hit 400M streams after 4 years :banana:

We do not stan the one hit wonder chanteuse  :banana:

The narrative that a soundtrack single being attached to a blockbuster turns automatically into a smash is more an exception rather the standard, especially for a post credit song.

It didn't work with Spirit from Beyoncé and also not with Lift Me Up from Rihanna.

Considering the latter fared even more tragic as it was hailed as the comeback single with a #1 TTH placement and much more playlist support only to be at 360M streams and its daily streams of 222,065 doing less than HMH with 232,641 streams.

It would have been interesting how the song would have done streaming-wise  being used during a pivotal scene in the movie but that also wouldn't guarantee that it could have smashed...

Edited by nattuggla89
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,825
On 3/24/2024 at 4:46 PM, nattuggla89 said:

The narrative that a soundtrack single being attached to a blockbuster turns automatically into a smash is more an exception rather the standard, especially for a post credit song.

It didn't work with Spirit from Beyoncé and also not with Lift Me Up from Rihanna.

Considering the latter fared even more tragic as it was hailed as the comeback single with a #1 TTH placement and much more playlist support only to be at 360M streams and its daily streams of 222,065 doing less than HMH with 232,641 streams.

It would have been interesting how the song would have done streaming-wise  being used during a pivotal scene in the movie but that also wouldn't guarantee that it could have smashed...

I’m not saying HMH should’ve smashed automatically but praising its current numbers and saying it’s good is delulu 

The Fame Popster 384
On 3/24/2024 at 4:48 PM, Miaou said:

I’m not saying HMH should’ve smashed automatically but praising its current numbers and saying it’s good is delulu 

It definitely didn't smash but only did okay-ish in the long run given the circumstances listed above. But we were definitely disappointed initially as it was expected that HMH would fare better given the fact how Shallow and ARUTW did. We just had the wrong expectations from the beginning. 

Just did a check and Spirit from Beyoncé did even worse than HMH and LMU.

Daily streams: 19,174 :dead:

Total streams: 107M 

Edited by nattuggla89
  • paws up 2

Pop-a-911-ster 31,825
On 3/24/2024 at 4:54 PM, nattuggla89 said:

It definitely didn't smash but only did okay-ish in the long run given the circumstances listed above. But we were definitely disappointed initially as it was expected that HMH would fare better given the fact how Shallow and ARUTW did. We just had the wrong expectations from the beginning. 

This is why humility is important :gaycat:

ARTPOPster 1,860
On 3/24/2024 at 11:59 AM, Miaou said:

Expecting delulu gays to have low expectations? You're delulu^2

The Fame Popster 384
On 3/24/2024 at 4:59 PM, Miaou said:

Hope you keep the same energy when Dua is releasing her album, King. :catwalk:No frontloaded mess allowed. :lesson:

• lol 3

ARTPOPster 1,830

This being the pop number 1 song is so surprising :enigma: maybe it depends on who’s celebrity status is more famous atm

Pop-a-911-ster 31,825
On 3/24/2024 at 5:33 PM, nattuggla89 said:

Hope you keep the same energy when Dua is releasing her album, King. :catwalk:No frontloaded mess allowed. :lesson:

Don’t worry about that GODINI is already erasing the longevity game :catwalk: 

still top 30 on Spotify WW almost 6 months after its release :billie:

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 3/24/2024 at 11:42 AM, Aloe said:

This being the pop number 1 song is so surprising :enigma: maybe it depends on who’s celebrity status is more famous atm

Yet it's only predicted to rise to 26 on the BH100 this week. Radio is slowly having zero impact on the charts. It's about to be fully streaming based in a few years. 

The Fame Popster 384
On 3/24/2024 at 5:48 PM, Miaou said:

Don’t worry about that GODINI is already erasing the longevity game :catwalk: 

still top 30 on Spotify WW almost 6 months after its release :billie:

Well let's hope for the same stability for the album. I don't want another Flowers -ESV mess. 

Future Nostalgia had the advantage of 2 mega smashes DSN and Levitating carrying the album. I am not sure if Houdini and Training Season (more like cute hits rather than smashes).can manage that but let's hope there is a gem on the album which can turn into a smash post album release.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,733
On 3/24/2024 at 2:55 PM, Ben said:

I wonder how Gaga feels knowing that ARTPOP will never die

She commented on Slayyyter using the audio saying "I love this" the other day.

• yaas, gaga 2

Pop-a-911-ster 27,140
On 3/24/2024 at 2:32 PM, Andreu said:

What a flop for a #1 debut. It reminds me of some Swift #1 debuts

• thanks 1

Popster for Sale 57,243
On 3/24/2024 at 6:47 PM, emig_09 said:

Literally 6 weeks on chart, this is BTS-esque abysmal :dead:

• shook 1
  • lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,860
On 3/24/2024 at 1:47 PM, emig_09 said:

Well for HISS it's unfortunate, a genuinely good song that deserved more. I still prefer Cobra tho

• paws up 1