The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

A Popster Is Born 10,532
On 3/23/2024 at 1:16 PM, ViviLittleM said:

Inb4 people love so much one of her 1900s covers in Joker that it smashes in streaming and she makes relive jazz

Pray for it hitting 600/700M box office already. The fact it's a (unassumed) musical will turn some people off for sure.

Pop-a-911-ster 29,742
On 3/23/2024 at 1:21 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Pray for it hitting 600/700M box office already. The fact it's a (unassumed) musical will turn some people off for sure.

I'll say 800M

Wink Rihanna GIF by AnimatedText

Pop-a-911-ster 29,742
On 3/23/2024 at 1:28 PM, GraceRandolph said:

I’m starting to get nervous for JFAD. A lot of online reactions are revolting at the musical aspect. :bradley:

They are revolting but they will go watch it anyway.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,532
On 3/23/2024 at 1:28 PM, GraceRandolph said:

I’m starting to get nervous for JFAD. A lot of online reactions are revolting at the musical aspect. :bradley:

Mark my words they won't show a lot of musical aspect in the trailer. They are a bit in a promo mode like 'It's a musical, but let's not say it too much aloud that could cost us a couple of hunded million dollars on box office'. 

• love 1

A Popster Is Born 12,825
On 3/23/2024 at 12:26 PM, ViviLittleM said:

the three 2008 LP reissue hits and two OST debut smash ballads

I do wonder if she'll get another song which is able to join her top 5. tbf ROM/MR have good-ish recurrents, but not strong enough to carry albums. BTW has good recurrents spread across the board

I'd guess that a joker 2 song will end up being a wildcard and smashing. LG7 i think she'll get a ROM/MR 300k+ recurrent and hopefully another at 100k+. Not expecting much, will depend on production

Popster This Way 902
On 3/23/2024 at 9:23 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Streets are saying Rihanna is returning like real soon on a collab 

Whenever I feel miserable being a Gaga Stan, I think about Rihanna’s fans then I’ll feel grateful for our girl again:crowned:

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 16,838
On 3/23/2024 at 8:21 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

I dont think it will go lower than 600M unless it's like 18% Rotten then it would do 400M-500M :billie:

• thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,828
On 3/23/2024 at 2:27 PM, Gabi said:

Whenever I feel miserable being a Gaga Stan, I think about Rihanna’s fans then I’ll feel grateful for our girl again:crowned:

?

yes Rihanna stopped music 8 years ago but from 2005 to 2015 she dropped 8 albums, basically one album each year and she collaborated with the whole industry 

we can’t say the same with FADGA 

Popster This Way 691

Joker FAD needs to have absolutely killer teaser and theatrical trailers. If it doesn't this is going to be a abysmal.

Like they need to showcase this exactly right - perfectly remind people why they liked the first one while bringing in the major audience that didn't like the first one via Gaga and the two-hander aspect of this plot. I don't buy the 15 songs thing unless they're merged as snippets. We know from people who worked on the movie that there's two musical sequences, one of which is imagined and an homage to a classic tap dance sequence from a golden era movie. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,532
On 3/23/2024 at 3:45 PM, Rusty said:

Joker FAD needs to have absolutely killer teaser and theatrical trailers. If it doesn't this is going to be a abysmal.

Like they need to showcase this exactly right - perfectly remind people why they liked the first one while bringing in the major audience that didn't like the first one via Gaga and the two-hander aspect of this plot. I don't buy the 15 songs thing unless they're merged as snippets. We know from people who worked on the movie that there's two musical sequences, one of which is imagined and an homage to a classic tap dance sequence from a golden era movie. 

I totally agree the trailer will be essential for the general movie hype. People are still very dubious about the movie itself, just look at the comments on the Variety article to see that for the moment it's very mixed opinion bending negative... the most positive are Lady Gaga fans tbh

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

Moderator 17,128

German album charts

#53 (-13) The Fame 212 weeks

The Fame is now ties for the 20th longest charting album in Germany. Still the 5th longest charting album female artist. Metallicas Metallica is with 212 weeks the album we're tied with. It sadly charted this week at #70. It'll be gone soon.

Billies debut returned to the charts but it has only 216 weeks and is close enough for Gaga to overtake it as well. Currently charting at #95.

The Fame can, most likely, overtake three albums this year (Metallica, Billie and ABBAs Greatest Hits).

• paws up 5
  • yaas, gaga 3

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382

So shakira stans have been telling everyone for months that she was gonna end Bad Bunny and Karol G and Rosalia and everyone just for the album to debut with much worse numbers (not sure if the numbers I saw are real). I like her and she'll be fine specially since she can easily do a sold out stadium WW tour if she wants to, but hopefully her millenial fans stop being so annoying about the most recent hispanic acts 

Edited by Andreu
  • lol 1