The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Pop-a-911-ster 39,345
On 3/22/2024 at 1:53 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

this is the energy he needs to bring yessss

@MANiCURE1295 thots? 

I haven’t listened to the full song but I did enjoy his verse. JCHRIST was a big mess and I wish he would stay away from having “Controversy” be like his main source of promo. Like people loved Industry baby (yes the video was super gay) but it was also just a great hip hop song that blended his pop and hip-hop/rap persona’s so well.

he really needs to find that blend and he can succeed. But he won’t find it releasing a single like J-Christ

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 44,755
On 3/22/2024 at 6:25 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

I haven’t listened to the full song but I did enjoy his verse. JCHRIST was a big mess and I wish he would stay away from having “Controversy” be like his main source of promo. Like people loved Industry baby (yes the video was super gay) but it was also just a great hip hop song that blended his pop and hip-hop/rap persona’s so well.

he really needs to find that blend and he can succeed. But he won’t find it releasing a single like J-Christ

Yeah I don't think he should try so hard at being controversial, his mere existence and success in the hip hop scene is in itself controversial. I think the other main problem of J Christ was just that it was like a watered down CMWYW though. 

A Popster Is Born 11,848
On 3/22/2024 at 1:35 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

In terms of music video quality, there's a clear decrease for like evryone tbh. The appeal of making big production is gone as the views for videos have bombed hard in the last couple of years. Sad but true. 

I wish the visual stuff was still a big focus for Lady Gaga because she was clearly the best on that field, with like zero close contenders. 

911 is still a big serve though.

But Gaga didnt decrease, she legit CRASHED. Going from GUY to Perfect illusion and Million Reasons? oh it was TRAGIC

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,903
On 3/22/2024 at 6:43 PM, Fame Romance said:

Tyla doing good :applause:

I didn’t know she had that much hype beyond Water

Need to get into Tyla fr!!

Popster for Sale 44,755

https://www.movin925.com/lady-gaga-is-working-with-rolling-stones-pearl-jam-producer-says-ozzy-osbourne/

In an interview with Rolling Stone, heavy metal icon Ozzy Osbourne says that he wants to make new music, but he has to wait for Andrew Watt — who produced his Grammy-winning 2022 album Patient Number 9 — to call him. “He’s been working with Lady Gaga,” Ozzy says.

Spoiler

In case there were any doubts. 

• paws up 6
  • yaas, gaga 5

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
On 3/22/2024 at 7:13 PM, emig_09 said:

my feeling listening to those new Olivia's songs... :ew:

Yeah I liked Guts but you can tell these songs were bonus tracks for a reason

Popster for Sale 44,755

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/joker-2-musical-cover-songs-original-tracks-1235949284/

«Insiders privy to filming and early versions of Todd Phillips’ eagerly awaited sequel to “Joker” tell Variety the movie leans heavily towards being “mostly a jukebox musical,” as it integrates at last 15 reinterpretations of “very well-known” songs. One is said to be “That’s Entertainment” from the 1953 musical “The Band Wagon,” famously associated with Judy Garland. However, there is a door open for an original song (or two) to be added to the final version. »

So it seems like at most we'll get 2 original songs. Can't wait to see the way they breather new life into these classics. 

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 4

Moderator 17,128
On 3/22/2024 at 10:28 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/joker-2-musical-cover-songs-original-tracks-1235949284/

«Insiders privy to filming and early versions of Todd Phillips’ eagerly awaited sequel to “Joker” tell Variety the movie leans heavily towards being “mostly a jukebox musical,” as it integrates at last 15 reinterpretations of “very well-known” songs. One is said to be “That’s Entertainment” from the 1953 musical “The Band Wagon,” famously associated with Judy Garland. However, there is a door open for an original song (or two) to be added to the final version. »

So it seems like at most we'll get 2 original songs. Can't wait to see the way they breather new life into these classics. 

We'll get a jukebox musical then. A lot safer tbh.

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 2

Pop-a-911-ster 39,345
On 3/22/2024 at 5:29 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Poor "she's working on J:FAD soundtrack111!!!"'sters lost :icant:

I mean I hope we still get a professionally recorded soundtrack. Imma need these amazing covers in studio quality!!!!! WE BETTER GET A JFAD SOUNDTRACK!!!

oh and I really want one of those original songs in there, the more possible Oscar nominations the better. And it would be a terrific place to debut an original jazz piece if that’s the tone they are going for 

• paws up 2
  • yaas, gaga 1

Popster This Way 691
On 3/22/2024 at 7:54 PM, Doncho said:

But Gaga didnt decrease, she legit CRASHED. Going from GUY to Perfect illusion and Million Reasons? oh it was TRAGIC

This felt deliberate though. Joanne was a specific shift towards paired back visuals and gaudy/out-there performances. The bigger surprise was when Gaga "returned" to major MV serving, we got Stupid Love... which I actually appreciate, but it is eons from where she left off.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,848
On 3/22/2024 at 8:06 PM, Rusty said:

This felt deliberate though. Joanne was a specific shift towards paired back visuals and gaudy/out-there performances. The bigger surprise was when Gaga "returned" to major MV serving, we got Stupid Love... which I actually appreciate, but it is eons from where she left off.

They wanted simpler videos... which is not equal to BAD videos. There is no excuse for the lack of professionalism for the Joanne videos. Million Reasons and Joanne (piano) are really bad filmed

Pop-a-911-ster 27,150

AM US (Albums)

#4 = & #5 +4 GUTS (spilled)
#7 +5 TYLA
#13 +20 Las Mujeres Ya No Lloran