The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Popster to Popster 4,585

The current Justin Timberlake media hate train feels so uneccessary to me and it all started from the Britney book for things happened more than 20 years ago when he was young himself.

Sure the music he has released is nothing groundbreaking-new in sound, but isn't the same reason for which Taylor Swift gets praised instead? It's funny how the same things about his safe music can be said about Taylor Swift as well but instead she is being labelled as musical genius for delivering "comfort", safe and easy to digest music.

Edited by Leptine
  • paws up 7
  • thanks 1

Popster This Way 645
On 3/20/2024 at 4:33 PM, Leptine said:

The current Justin Timberlake media hate train feels so uneccessary to me and it all started from the Britney book for things happened more than 20 years ago when he was young himself.

Sure the music he has released is nothing groundbreaking-new in sound, but isn't the same reason for which Taylor Swift gets praised instead? It's funny how the same things about his safe music can be said about Taylor Swift as well but instead she is being labelled as musical genius for delivering "comfort", safe and easy to digest music.

100%

The double standars in here are unbelievable

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,641
On 3/20/2024 at 10:33 AM, Leptine said:

Sure the music he has released is nothing groundbreaking-new in sound, but isn't the same reason for which Taylor Swift gets praised instead? It's funny how the same things about his safe music can be said about Taylor Swift as well but instead she is being labelled as musical genious for delivering "comfort", safe and easy to digest music.

Eh I don’t feel bad for him, it’s karma coming around on him. He got away with being shitty for many years. He had his time being on top of the world.

On 3/20/2024 at 3:33 PM, Leptine said:

Maybe because your biased assesment of Taylor Swift's music doesn't reflect reality

Everything I Thought It Was resembles Chromatica far more than Folklore, Evermore and even Midnights

ARTPOPster 1,848
On 3/20/2024 at 12:05 PM, taylorgermanotta said:

Everything I Thought It Was resembles Chromatica far more than Folklore, Evermore and even Midnights

And Swifties wonder why they get dragged.

Why have Germanotta in your username if you're going to liken a flawed but enjoyable album like Chromatica to a trainwreck like the new JT album?

• paws up 1

ARTPOPster 1,848

For the record, I don't like Chromatica either, but Gaga is not some legacy artist making radio-friendly inoffensive songs called "Infinity Sex"

On 3/20/2024 at 4:08 PM, Ben said:

And Swifties wonder why they get dragged.

Why have Germanotta in your username if you're going to liken a flawed but enjoyable album like Chromatica to a trainwreck like the new JT album?

Dragged by who? Internet users? Lol

Regarding your second question. Because I want to and guess what? Because I can

ARTPOPster 1,848
On 3/20/2024 at 12:12 PM, taylorgermanotta said:

Dragged by who? Internet users?

Yes - we are both internet users as far as me and you are concerned. That's how almost all online interactions work on forums/Discords

On 3/20/2024 at 12:12 PM, taylorgermanotta said:

Because I want to and guess what? Because I can

I was hoping you'd say "because I love Gaga as well", but it instead sounds like you're just trolling 

Popster to Popster 4,585
On 3/20/2024 at 5:05 PM, taylorgermanotta said:

Maybe because your biased assesment of Taylor Swift's music doesn't reflect reality

so-rose-mcgowan.gif

I commented what the reviews are saying in order to drag this JT album, using the 'safe-basic' argument as drag, when it's considered a strenght in Taylor Swift case, that was the point of my post, I couldn't care less about how it sounds.

'Chromatica' is a 79 Metacritic album nominated for 2 Grammys of which 1 won, there's no need to try to put Gaga and her work across fire when she has nothing to do with the argument, let alone in panned album discourses.

• thanks 2

A Popster Is Born 16,835
On 3/21/2024 at 12:05 AM, taylorgermanotta said:

White, Safe, Straight, Basic, Mediocre?? That's Taylor not Gaga :laughga:

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 10,451

My boyfriend being 'they don’t make anything new anymore' talking about Katy Perry and Lady Gaga while listening to a 2010s Hits playlist on Spotify :enigma: 

Edited by Moonlight Shadow

On 3/20/2024 at 4:16 PM, Ben said:

Yes - we are both internet users as far as me and you are concerned. That's how almost all online interactions work on forums/Discords

I was hoping you'd say "because I love Gaga as well", but it instead sounds like you're just trolling 

Hence the "because I want to". I don't need to defend my love for Gaga lol 

Word of advice. You really shouldn't care about what internet users you don't know think of you. 

A Popster Is Born 17,827

#29 (=) Katy Perry — 58,447,510
#30 (+1) Lady Gaga — 58,438,188 (+46,072)
#31 (-1) Olivia Rodrigo — 58,374,046

Olivia will rise again after friday 1.thumb.gif.4bd036db8874f06c80be7553d0ba

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,819
On 3/20/2024 at 1:37 PM, OliverDespechao said:

"Always Remember Us This Way" received 903,702 streams this Tuesday 

AND I OOP1.thumb.gif.4bd036db8874f06c80be7553d0ba

900K omg a classic 1.thumb.gif.4bd036db8874f06c80be7553d0ba

A classic indeed :applause:

The x3 Diamond Brazilian smash did that :applause:

• paws up 3

Popster This Way 880
On 3/21/2024 at 12:05 AM, taylorgermanotta said:

Does that mean Everything I Thought It Was contains songs like Stupid Love:enigma: ? I haven't heard the album in full yet.
will be interesting to see Justin scream his lungs out:laughga:

• lol 1