The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Popster This Way 902

The fact Justin went from the most successful male singer at a time to a total flop:icant: His last album really sabotaged his future career, we should be grateful that Joanne was well-received despite being a country rock influenced album:laughga:

• paws up 1
  • sad 1
  • thanks 1

ARTPOPster 1,863
On 3/17/2024 at 11:44 AM, Gabi said:

we should be grateful that Joanne was well-received despite being a country rock influenced album:laughga:

About this - Joanne was not exactly "well-received" in the sense that the ASIB soundtrack was. Joanne is by far her most divisive album and also her most overlooked. It did receive generally mixed to positive reviews upon release, but time has not been kind to it.

Gaga, forever a trailblazer, inspired fellow popstars such as Justin and Kylie to make their own country inspired records - and Man of the Woods and Golden are widely considered to be their worst. The exception to all this was Kesha's Rainbow, which had been in development well before Joanne, and was acclaimed, and rightfully so, as it is so much better.

Joanne was not a mistake, despite the scrapping of the previous LG5 work, but it was definitely a misstep. I'm so glad Gaga and the pop industry has moved beyond country

• paws up 2

Popster This Way 902
On 3/17/2024 at 11:52 PM, Ben said:

About this - Joanne was not exactly "well-received" in the sense that the ASIB soundtrack was. Joanne is by far her most divisive album and also her most overlooked. It did receive generally mixed to positive reviews upon release, but time has not been kind to it.

Gaga, forever a trailblazer, inspired fellow popstars such as Justin and Kylie to make their own country inspired records - and Man of the Woods and Golden are widely considered to be their worst. The exception to all this was Kesha's Rainbow, which had been in development well before Joanne, and was acclaimed, and rightfully so, as it is so much better.

Joanne was not a mistake, despite the scrapping of the previous LG5 work, but it was definitely a misstep. I'm so glad Gaga and the pop industry has moved beyond country

Joanne was definitely not a misstep. Even when Gaga was in her prime critics were still very harsh on her albums and everything went south during ARTPOP, after that she desperately needed a rebrand and rebuilt the connection with the GP.
It might be her least commercial album but it did its job to make her likeable to GP again.
About Justin .... I actually don't understand why they thought a country album would be a good idea, especially when he had  Can't Stop the feeling charting so well. In kylie's case she already flopped with kiss me once and I believe Golden actually performed slightly better than kiss me once, it's not until DISCO when she finally bounced back and regained some commercial success. 

Popster This Way 902

less than 1M views? I didn''t expect this level of floppery, even Madonna's random remix got more streaming than this:rip:

• sad 1

Popster for Sale 44,754

Tentative FAD tea from Goldderby:

Spoiler

Parts are chaotic for a reason, parts are surrealistic also for a reason (and at least in part shot in B&W), parts are bloody (the chaotic part). Can’t spoil how exactly. It’s also very political as you would expect from Joker franchise. The person I spoke with was mighty impressed but caution it’s just one opinion.

Gaga is indeed equal to Phoenix or even more central. No way to fraud her in supporting. from what I understood, he doesn’t call her Harley but a nickname derived from it. I guess that has created a confusion whether she plays Harley or not (she does). They both perform songs as a duel and some are just her singing. Songs are mix of old songs and new ones. Old one are sang in one part of movie, new/original ones in another. It isn’t all a singing movie. Famous characters appear in it. Some changes to lore since these movies are standalones from certain other DC franchise.

Surrealism would be some scenes (can’t specify which) but not the whole movie (it isn’t “it was all a dream/halucination” type of thing).

Gaga’s performance is said to be transformative and sensational.

• paws up 7
  • shook 3
  • yaas, gaga 2
  • love 1

Popster for Sale 57,271
On 3/17/2024 at 2:35 PM, FRANZGA said:

I'm pretty sure Eternal Sunshine will be another 10M Seller for Ari.. the album still has a lot of smash potential after wcbf

and considering she's pulling more daily streams and even more with the album boost, surpassing Gaga is pretty much within reach for the next 2-3 years

Thank U, Next struggled to reach 10M and that’s her peak with My Everything 

This is just doing slightly better than Positions which had 2 solid hits title track and 34+35 and only sold 6M CSPC… Eternal Sunshine is probably gonna do 5-8M

Pop-a-911-ster 31,828

The target edition of The Tortured Poets Department album is already at 150K preorders :rip:

In the same time 1989 TV was “only” at 65K and it opened with 1.6M SPS in the US :rip:

she is coming to debut above 2M in the US :rip:

• yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,741
On 3/17/2024 at 6:22 PM, Miaou said:

The target edition of The Tortured Poets Department album is already at 150K preorders :rip:

In the same time 1989 TV was “only” at 65K and it opened with 1.6M SPS in the US :rip:

This doesn't mean anything.

Popstanne 8,166
On 3/17/2024 at 6:22 PM, Miaou said:

A torture department indeed 

• lol 7

Pop-a-911-ster 31,828
On 3/17/2024 at 6:25 PM, ViviLittleM said:

This doesn't mean anything.

Of course it does 

the demand is higher 

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382

Crazy that he only has one becauae he always had to compete with bigger debuts that were much much less successful in the mid run

Pop-a-911-ster 31,828

Ariana #1 in the US, her 6th #1

Taylor 13

Barbra 11

Madonna 9

Janet & Beyoncé 7

Mariah, Britney, Gaga & Ariana 6

• paws up 1