The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Popster This Way 902

tbh as long as her acting career isn’t over she can release whatever she wants. She will still be talked about whenever she’s been casted in new movies

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,514
On 3/9/2024 at 8:47 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

It's very unpredictable but it seems unlikely that Gaga will do that bad in the first week like people are predicting, unlike the album is really bad or something.

Gaga's first week will be okay at the very least. She still has a strong audience that always save her a** on her albums campaigns, to be truly honest (even in her underperforming eras).

What will make the difference is how her music will click with people outside this fanbase. That's literally what could make the difference between tannking or having a big successful era. Let's wait and see how the music sounds first

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 3/9/2024 at 1:45 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Well wether people like her or not, she actually did great on Pink Friday 2, where like everybody expected her to tank real real hard

A proof to me anything is totally possible for any artist tbh. You can't predict people's reception on new music

I think it had less to do with Nicki and more with the fact that it was a sequel to a beloved album. Pink Friday was her first album and put her on the map, so making a sequel generated interest. That's the only explanation I have because Nicki's last album before that, Queen, flopped hard. 

Popster for Sale 44,744
On 3/9/2024 at 7:53 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Gaga's first week will be okay at the very least. She still has a strong audience that always save her a** on her albums campaigns, to be truly honest (even in her underperforming eras).

What will make the difference is how her music will click with people outside this fanbase. That's literally what could make the difference between tannking or having a big successful era. Let's wait and see how the music sounds first

I agree. 

A Popster Is Born 10,514
On 3/9/2024 at 8:57 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I think it had less to do with Nicki and more with the fact that it was a sequel to a beloved album. Pink Friday was her first album and put her on the map, so making a sequel generated interest. That's the only explanation I have because Nicki's last album before that, Queen, flopped hard. 

Of course she played the nostalgia card on the title, but the general concept, visual and music itself hardly follow what PF 1.0 was, apart that throwback moment on 'Pink Friday Girls', all the rest sounds pretty new comparing to what she has done on her previous albums (especially on Pink Friday).

People would not have stayed more than a play if they weren't liking the album itself. I may be wrong, but she was truly serving great (and surprising) stats for something everybody thought would be dead on arrival

Popstanne 9,710

Eternal Sunshine on AM US (~36 hours update):

2. We Can't Be Friends
3. Bye
4. Eternal Sunshine
5. The Boy Is Mine
6. Don't Wanna Break Up Again
8. Supernatural
11. Intro
12. True Story
16. Yes and ?
18. I Wish I hated You
21.Saturn Returns
23. Imperfect for You
29. Ordinary Things

• paws up 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 3/9/2024 at 8:52 PM, Gabi said:

tbh as long as her acting career isn’t over she can release whatever she wants. She will still be talked about whenever she’s been casted in new movies

That's how J.Lo maintained her A list name and celebrity status, despite her movie career never had the hype and success  that Gaga has managed to create with doing a movie every 3 year.

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 3/9/2024 at 8:35 PM, ConnorFilm said:

You know what else blows my mind? Pink Friday 2 opened bigger than the new Ariana album with 228k this past Dec. :whatga:

Nicki has a devoted and strong fanbase, their online presence is still strong, on ATRL for example I saw tones of people ditching Ariana in the last years, you barely see any user having her as avi.

• paws up 3

Moderator 17,127
On 3/9/2024 at 9:18 PM, Miaou said:

Not even 200K for Ariana ? :rip:

yeah LG7 won’t debut above 100K :rip:

Positions debuted with 175K in the same year as Chromatica with 272K :icant:

Ari always did worse on debut than Gaga :icant:

il_fullxfull.1715031826_pbye.jpg

• paws up 2
  • thanks 6
  • lol 1

A Popster Is Born 10,514

Gaga has a stronger fanbase than Ariana imo. She'll be fine first week. All the little complainers will buy the 1523448 versions of her album anyway.  

I'm more worried for the weeks after :enigma:

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,621

Ariana numbers are fine by the way, totally expected considering how her last album performed with a stronger first single.

• paws up 2
  • thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 14,812
On 3/9/2024 at 9:44 PM, Andreu said:

:applause:

why did they put that perfomance, tho? the self-sabotage :dead:

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 3/9/2024 at 2:26 PM, corvus albus said:

Positions debuted with 175K in the same year as Chromatica with 272K :icant:

Ari always did worse on debut than Gaga :icant:

il_fullxfull.1715031826_pbye.jpg

The Cat really needs to stop talking and go back to his Dua Lipa streaming farms. :unamused:

• thanks 1
  • lol 1

Pop-a-911-ster 27,143

considering how bad "yes, and?" performed those albums sales are ok

number will surely increase in the course of the week

• paws up 1