The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

A Popster Is Born 10,514
On 3/8/2024 at 8:14 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

Seems like We Can't Be Friends isn't connecting. There were better choices for singles imo (TBIM, Supernatural, DWBUA or Bye).

I honestly don't give a damn that music video is everything and I'm glad she made it happen 

• paws up 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

A Popster Is Born 17,915
On 3/8/2024 at 2:42 PM, GraceRandolph said:

One day Swifties will understand that songwriting is more than just lyrics.

And that’s why Taylor’s pop songs are so boring, she can’t write good hooks :excuseme: 

Max Martin did an amazing job with 1989 and Reputa :excuseme:

Edited by OliverDespechao
  • lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,832
On 3/9/2024 at 3:39 AM, ConnorFilm said:

After listening to the album several times, I have no idea why "We Can't Be Friends" was chosen as the second single. There's much stronger options. It looks like the song isn't connecting so far (despite how great the music video is). I wonder if there's a chance of it not debuting in the top 5 of the BH100. Either way, I get why "Yes, And?" was chosen as the lead. Out of all the songs, it's one of the tracks that has the strongest hook. As others have said, most tracks on the album are chill, relaxed, less "in your face." YA is also radio friendly after the recent house pop resurgence. 

I'm so curious about how this does because while critics really, really like it (88% on Metacritic), I've been seeing quite a few "mid/it's ok" comments from the GP on Twitter. I still believe this isn't pulling a Positions. Super curious about first day Spotify streams and the first week album sales. This is what excites me about following chart news! You just don't know if this album is going to scrape by, overperform, or be considered a disappointment. 

After watching the MV I’ve switched to the WCBF camp because it’s actually quite sentimental and the chorus does paint a rather bittersweet imagery. It also has  strings at the end which is very TEOG coded 

ARTPOPster 1,832

ngl seeing this video I kinda want gaga to shut it and sing the entire song on piano without going on a tangent and rambling because sometimes the moment is gone when she starts talking midway during an emotional part of a song :katy:

Popstanne 9,383

I'm shocked seeing the mostly positive response from the stan world about Ariana's album?

I listened this morning in full and the only songs I would playlist are eternal sunshine and yes, and?

yes, and? sticks out like a sore thumb though

The album is cohesive to a fault imo and the melodies aren't there which is especially apparent when you get to the 2nd single because I was expecting some big moment that sticks out like yes, and? (not necessarily expecting it to be House) and that song just blends in with the rest of the album?

Idk maybe I need more listens.

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1

Popster for Sale 44,744
On 3/8/2024 at 8:35 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Random but Andrew Watt just followed Madonna and her manager Guy Oseary. She is currently in LA for few days for her tour

He's moved on to other projects which means LG7 is done iktr :applause:

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,863
On 3/8/2024 at 3:35 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Random but Andrew Watt just followed Madonna

If he follows Katy then we'll know that Bleeding Hearts is coming!

A Popster Is Born 10,514
On 3/8/2024 at 9:37 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

He's moved on to other projects which means LG7 is done iktr :applause:

Or Madonna is involved ? She could fit to a 80s synth rock album. And she already worked with Prince on Like A Prayer album

That's random but Madonna generally don't make albums while being on tour.

ARTPOPster 1,863
On 3/8/2024 at 3:41 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

And she already worked with Prince on Like A Prayer album

Love Song is horrible lmao

Pop-a-911-ster 27,143

Eternal Sunshine (AM US)

12 +28 bye
16 +25 intro
19 +34 don't wanna break up again
20 +35 eternal sunshine

23 +40 the boy is mine
27 +60 supernatural
29 +72 we can't be friends

30 +62 true story
32 +24 yes, and ?
37 +85 saturn returns

53 +103 wish i hated you

67 +113 imperfect for you
84 ordinary things

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,621

Finished the Ariana's album, I think the album overall is solid for being an Ariana's album, I caught the R&B songs that I missed earlier but overall like I said it still feels more pop oriented compared to her previous ones, maybe because my expectations were low for this project but I find it valid. It's a good light pop album.

My favourite album of the year so far still remains ORQUìDEAS.

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 3/8/2024 at 2:48 PM, emig_09 said:

Eternal Sunshine (AM US)

12 +28 bye
16 +25 intro
19 +34 don't wanna break up again
20 +35 eternal sunshine

23 +40 the boy is mine
27 +60 supernatural

29 +72 we can't be friends

30 +62 true story
32 +24 yes, and ?
37 +85 saturn returns

53 +103 wish i hated you

67 +113 imperfect for you
84 ordinary things

More proof that we can't be friends is such a lackluster second single choice. Radio would EAT supernatural up. I swear to god. 

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 3/8/2024 at 3:03 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

SL still above 100k streams? Fortnite impact started about a week or more ago, right? That's not too bad. It would be great to have it stabilize above 100k in the long run. Having it at 60-70k was pitiful. 

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 10,514
On 3/8/2024 at 10:07 PM, ConnorFilm said:

SL still above 100k streams? Fortnite impact started about a week or more ago, right? That's not too bad. It would be great to have it stabilize above 100k in the long run. Having it at 60-70k was pitiful. 

And having Bloody Mary back at +400k daily is also a good thing

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 3/8/2024 at 10:06 PM, ConnorFilm said:

More proof that we can't be friends is such a lackluster second single choice. Radio would EAT supernatural up. I swear to god. 

I agree there are better songs but the video is one of her best maybe she simply chose based on her vision-likes, the fact they didn't launch a second single when the first started to underperform makes me think she's not chasing for charts numbers when it comes to this era.

• paws up 1