The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 3/5/2024 at 11:49 PM, zoldyck said:

they are not VMAs, they don't hand out nominations/awards based on attendance. 

Need gaga to be announced in final round 

So that she can announce best picture and then announces her lead single coming out march 15th, 2024

Popster This Way 898
On 3/6/2024 at 2:48 AM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

That's too optimistic. Does Gen Z even know Gaga? Her last major teen-oriented hit was in 2011, and Shallow wasn't teenage-friendly. She might be a throwback act for millennials, but I'm not sure whether she will always be famous.   

Gen Z are not that young tho 

I’m a Gen Z and I’m already 26 years old, we basically grew up with Gaga’s songs

the youngest gen Z are in Junior high now and Gaga has multiple hits during 2018-2023(Shallow, ARUTW, ROM, Bloody Mary), imo at least a third of her fanbase are gen Z. 

Popster This Way 898
On 3/6/2024 at 10:51 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Gaga fills tier 2 stadiums

She still has way to go for Tier 1 yet 

Tottenham 55k to Wembley 80k

Arnhem 30k to amsterdam 50k

Belluna dome 33k to tokyo dome 50k

Oracle park 38k to levi stadium 55k

Wrigley field 42k to soldier field 52k

Fenway park 35k to Gillette stadium 55k

...and this list continues esp in US

P!nk, taylor, bey all have reached the level where they fill Tier 1 stadiums, i was doubtful about p!nk in USA but her second leg has biggest stadiums in USA too

The last time she toured a lot of countries still have travel restrictions, many Asian fans tried to go to the Tokyo date but we are not permitted to travel there back in 2022.

I’m not sure about US but she can definitely fill multiple nights in Stadiums in countries like Italy, Brazil, Taiwan or other LA countries where she has huge fanbase but hasn’t tour for 10+years 

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 3/6/2024 at 8:48 AM, Gabi said:

The last time she toured a lot of countries still have travel restrictions, many Asian fans tried to go to the Tokyo date but we are not permitted to travel there back in 2022.

I’m not sure about US but she can definitely fill multiple nights in Stadiums in countries like Italy, Brazil, Taiwan or other LA countries where she has huge fanbase but hasn’t tour for 10+years 

I think she can fill Tokyo dome im just saying based on stats 

We can not say anything based on vibes 

Latam is a big touring place for western artists so i didn't mention it 

When she shifts to 20+ NFL stadiums in USA then i can confirm that she will be living inside stadiums even at the age of 70 

Pink is doing 35-40 nfl & baseball parks there this tour 

Beyoncé easily does 36 NFL stadiums 

And taylor can do even 200 if she wants 

Outside of US its easier bc you only visit one stadium for a country but true touring power resides in north america thanks to their massive economy 

Edited by Ayobabylon

The Fame Popster 316
On 3/5/2024 at 11:32 PM, FRANZGA said:

this did good overall :applause:

It might have the same longevity, but i don't see it reaching 7 ring's units. which is probably diamond by now.

• love 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 3/6/2024 at 11:45 AM, nattuggla89 said:

The way ARUTW is 7x Platinum in Australia. :catwalk:

ROM was also quite big there with 5x Platinum. 

Rom was big ever where but US its 2× platinum in U.K even position is platinum there 

4m units from US and 13-14m units ww but I wish it had more longevity like 600k daily streams 

• paws up 1

On 3/5/2024 at 11:51 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Gaga fills tier 2 stadiums

She still has way to go for Tier 1 yet 

Tottenham 55k to Wembley 80k

Arnhem 30k to amsterdam 50k

Belluna dome 33k to tokyo dome 50k

Oracle park 38k to levi stadium 55k

Wrigley field 42k to soldier field 52k

Fenway park 35k to Gillette stadium 55k

...and this list continues esp in US

P!nk, taylor, bey all have reached the level where they fill Tier 1 stadiums, i was doubtful about p!nk in USA but her second leg has biggest stadiums in USA too

Chromatica Ball was sold-out even though it was hampered by the pandemic several times with rescheduling, it was the first female stadium tour after the pandemic, when people were still uncertain about attending large audiences, while tours by Taylor, Beyoncé and P!nk took place when everything was already safe.

Gaga didn't book bigger venues because her manager insists on booking these baseball stadiums, as they are more profitable due to the lower rent, like her show at Dodger Stadium which, even though it was a baseball stadium, she had a bigger audience than shows by The Weeknd and Bad Bunny and the same as the Renaissance Tour at SoFi Stadium, a football stadium, in the same city, with a lower rental price, generating more profit.

Since Joanne Tour, many people stayed outside shows because they couldn't get tickets, the same was repeated at Chromatica Ball, because her management underestimated her audience, her stadium shows in Japan sold out in 15 seconds, did you really think demand to fill a bigger stadium or book more dates was the problem? Get real, she has physical and mental issues.

I have no doubt that her next tour will be the biggest of her career, it will take place in bigger stadiums, and they will all be sold out, regardless of how LG7 performs on the charts, she is Lady Gaga, the public loves her and her show, she has already guaranteed a loyal audience to fill any stadium she wants for the rest of her career.

• paws up 1

On 3/6/2024 at 3:15 AM, nattuggla89 said:

The way ARUTW is 7x Platinum in Australia. :catwalk:

ROM was also quite big there with 5x Platinum. 

Even with poor promotion, bad management and low peaks, some of Gaga's singles win in the end by playing the longevity game. Million Reasons peaking at #34 and only 5 weeks on the chart and still going 4x Platinum is proof of that. The Cure, even without a video, going 3x Platinum, is another proof of that. To get an idea of how big ARUTW, a non-single, is, even with the low peaks, it outsold any Taylor single there since 2015, only Anti-Hero managed to sell the same. It sold more than any Beyoncé single since Halo.

Now imagine if Gaga focused on music like she focuses on selling makeup? I bet some girls wouldn't sleep so well at night.

• paws up 5

A Popster Is Born 12,808
On 3/6/2024 at 4:10 AM, Ayobabylon said:

I think she can fill Tokyo dome im just saying based on stats 

We can not say anything based on vibes 

Latam is a big touring place for western artists so i didn't mention it 

When she shifts to 20+ NFL stadiums in USA then i can confirm that she will be living inside stadiums even at the age of 70 

Pink is doing 35-40 nfl & baseball parks there this tour 

Beyoncé easily does 36 NFL stadiums 

And taylor can do even 200 if she wants 

Outside of US its easier bc you only visit one stadium for a country but true touring power resides in north america thanks to their massive economy 

No i agree with what you're saying

I used to think the answer is just adding more dates, but then they'd have to cheapen the tickets and there might be more emptier dates. She got a nice and easy back into touring with TCB 20 date, but some dates in usa and in Netherlands looked iffy. 

Moderator 17,112
On 3/6/2024 at 9:36 AM, Fame Romance said:

Top Artist #55(+2)

Again higher than Adele and Shakira

About to surpass Miley as well despite her new single

Top 50 at the end of the week :ally:

Fortnite campe through in the end

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 3/6/2024 at 1:27 PM, ItsGenuineGuy09 said:

No i agree with what you're saying

I used to think the answer is just adding more dates, but then they'd have to cheapen the tickets and there might be more emptier dates. She got a nice and easy back into touring with TCB 20 date, but some dates in usa and in Netherlands looked iffy. 

Yup! She should not struggle atleast in netherlands when most A list artists do 2 shows back to back in amsterdam

In US she is not capable of doing multiple shows in stadiums where many do 2-3 nfl stadiums with 50k+ capacity n p!nk is capable of touring tier 3 cities where gaga never book

A proper era will put her in the map again where she can do 500m gross atm i think it will be hard for her to beat her MONSTER ball gross even with a full fledged tour

On 3/6/2024 at 12:47 PM, China said:

Chromatica Ball was sold-out even though it was hampered by the pandemic several times with rescheduling, it was the first female stadium tour after the pandemic, when people were still uncertain about attending large audiences, while tours by Taylor, Beyoncé and P!nk took place when everything was already safe.

Bad bunny, the weekend n rammstein were on bigger stadiums tours that year so pandemic was not a very big factor 

The factor could have been touring a 2 year old album so her next tour is going to clear the slow ticket sales confusion bc joanne tour was instantly soldout (maybe bc of Superbowl halftime performance impact) 

So im open to this interpretation of yours

Gaga didn't book bigger venues because her manager insists on booking these baseball stadiums, as they are more profitable due to the lower rent, like her show at Dodger Stadium which, even though it was a baseball stadium, she had a bigger audience than shows by The Weeknd and Bad Bunny and the same as the Renaissance Tour at SoFi Stadium, a football stadium, in the same city, with a lower rental price, generating more profit.

Most of the US shows were not soldout till the end so even if she booked bigger venues the prices would have to go lower which would not have been any profitable n baseball parks are hideous so ofc they are cheaper to rent 

N Houston texas date had to remove tickets from upper section for it to be reported soldout

She sold 33k tickets from 40k capacity stadium n a $4m gross which is not very good from a tier 1 city where a normal stadium show does $8-9m+

Since Joanne Tour, many people stayed outside shows because they couldn't get tickets, the same was repeated at Chromatica Ball, because her management underestimated her audience, her stadium shows in Japan sold out in 15 seconds, did you really think demand to fill a bigger stadium or book more dates was the problem? Get real, she has physical and mental issues.

I have no doubt that her next tour will be the biggest of her career, it will take place in bigger stadiums, and they will all be sold out, regardless of how LG7 performs on the charts, she is Lady Gaga, the public loves her and her show, she has already guaranteed a loyal audience to fill any stadium she wants for the rest of her career.

I never said that she will have problem in touring but there is definitely a room for the improvement if she cares or want

She can do a 40 date stadium tour but will she be able to get highest gross ($10m+ avg) n book biggest stadiums (55k-60k avg attendance) at the same time ? Yes, but with an impactful n successful era

Otherwise she is still good for Tier 2 stadiums with 35k-40k average attendance and $6.5M avg gross which are good numbers as well

Edited by Ayobabylon

Popster for Sale 41,791
On 3/6/2024 at 8:36 AM, Fame Romance said:

Top Artist #55(+2)

Again higher than Adele and Shakira

About to surpass Miley as well despite her new single

I swear she's always in the 50s and the movements are just changes in weekly patterns :icant:

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 3/6/2024 at 4:53 PM, BenG said:

I swear she's always in the 50s and the movements are just changes in weekly patterns :icant:

Spotify is becoming bigger bc she used be at #25 with 13.5M when bloody Mary peaked in streams

Her discography needs a lil' push i hope lg-7 smashes enough to do that