The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Popstanne 8,166
On 3/3/2024 at 12:38 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Why is this thread always becoming such a mess each time another big pop star is having its smash / sucessful moment ? :enigma:

Because this fanbase (despite trying to hide the evidence) is so frustrated about how her last 3 studio albums era went and is ready to jump at every glimpse of “underperformance” by other females :katy:

• love 1

ARTPOPster 1,182
On 3/3/2024 at 1:35 PM, CherryPie said:

How many streams was Chromatica doing 3 months after premiere? Now that’s a real question 

Apparently it was doing ~3.8m

for comparison, Pink Friday 2 is doing ~3.1m with an active single 

oh Gaga don’t end my fav Pedonicki like that!

Edited by CherryPie
  • paws up 1
  • lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 3/3/2024 at 9:18 AM, CherryPie said:

oh Gaga don’t end my fav Pedonicki like that!

lol her fans are worse than she is and that is saying a LOT. 

Here's a comment I got on my RYM profile page for calling Pink Friday 2 horrible in a review and the album's comment box. The italics are where he's quoting me

"It's just a community review. No one commenting on or reviewing this album on RYM is a professional critic. I will state frankly that I do not hold my opinion over others at all, and certainly not on a personal level."

i don't think that is relevant here. your review is nonsensical because you specifically do not understand the artform you are criticizing. why are you reviewing that specific album if you 1) do not like the genre, 2) do not understand the genre, 3) do not like the artist, and 4) have not listened to the album in full?

"Again, this is just a trainwreck of an album. Ultimately, users here that do not like the prospect of confrontation can visit sites such as AOTY or Sputnik"

you are being facetious here, i'm assuming? this comes off across as "lol liberals BTFO, sensitive snowflake". i don't think you understand the point i and many others were trying to make if that is what your second instinct was after confronted with your dodgy review. you don't understand what you're talking about and are effectively engaging in review-bombing. if you are just trolling that's fine. but you come across as someone who wants their review to be taken seriously, which it should not be as it is profoundly unserious intrinsically

All this over Nicki :dead:

• shook 1

On 3/3/2024 at 12:42 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Imagine being this delusional

What what album is going 500k? 

And even if it was what does that prove 

The “groundbreaking”, “cultural shifting”, “impactful” LemonWater was barely doing 500k streams daily even though she was in tour.

Now say thank you Taylor Swift for your spam release tactic being the model for Beyonce to follow in your steps so her back catalogue has started to grow (barely) nowadays.

Cuca GIF by TV Globo

• thanks 1

On 3/3/2024 at 7:01 AM, DonnieDarko said:

Agreed to some extent but let’s be objective tho-that China person is totally deluded, obsessed and simply a Beyonce hater. 

Shut up, I like some of Beyoncé's songs, but she is indeed overrated (she doesn't play any instrument, accused several times of stealing lyrics and song credits etc), this isn't the first time her achievements have been questioned (rightly so). TIDAL gate was just the first time a scandal involving her and her husband broke out of the stan bubble.

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 3/3/2024 at 9:31 AM, China said:

she doesn't play any instrument

Neither does Mariah, neither did Whitney, neither does Cher

accused several times of stealing lyrics and song credits

I accuse Beyonce of stealing my PopCorners. GUILTY!!!

Shut up

Not Listening Dumb And Dumber GIF

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 3/3/2024 at 7:06 PM, Adarsh said:

You never accept it when someone else rightfully criticises Beyoncé though 

I accept that she is not a hitmaker and her music ages after era is over and she stops promoting it n honestly thats the only valid criticism i see in her artistic journey so far 

Speaking of ethics i never defend her bc she is not a saint 

On 3/2/2024 at 12:06 PM, GraceRandolph said:

It objectively did not meet expectations after Gaga’s imperial era. I’m not sure why we are engaging in revisionist history to act like Applause was a smash when it was a moderate hit, which signaled a decline in Gaga’s ability to produce hits. 

What are you talking about? Applause spent 14 consecutive weeks in the Top 10, only behind BR, PF and JD in this regard. It's eligible for 5x Platinum in the US, certified 5x Platinum in Canada, sold around 3M downloads in the US alone, over half a billion streams on Spotify, 1B when combined with YouTube... Like, what kind of moderate hits have these status? It may be moderate by Gaga standards but it was indeed a big hit.

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 3/3/2024 at 8:00 PM, totallyNOTentela said:

The “groundbreaking”, “cultural shifting”, “impactful” LemonWater was barely doing 500k streams daily even though she was in tour.

Now say thank you Taylor Swift for your spam release tactic being the model for Beyonce to follow in your steps so her back catalogue has started to grow (barely) nowadays.

Cuca GIF by TV Globo

Posting from august bc Lemonade is doing 900k+ now lol 

And only fools can drag mass releases bc when you are a musician you are support to release music thats your job 

And yes she is succeeding as well 

THE is her biggest hit since Halo so guess mass release works

A Popster Is Born 10,466

No shade but Beyoncé last releases in albums : 2013, 2016, 2022, 2024. Doesn't looks like a spam release method.

An album every two years should be the standard for any big pop artist that want to stay quite relevant in streaming age without spamming people.

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 3,908

when you take long breaks its extremely Risky to scrutinize the current trend and tone of music industry

So releasing constantly even though you underperform or make half baked eras is always better  bc you will eventually hit the nail after multiple tries 

God bless artists with these huge gaps bc they are extremely Risky

Popster to Popster 4,607

We weren't even discussing Beyoncé in the last few pages before Yomana quoted a post of mine from one day ago where people pointed out that Beyoncé catalogue streams have been low in the last 2 years despite the 'Renaissance' release, which is a fact that has been pointed out multiple times in the last year.

Like I pointed that there's no much difference between SL and BMS in terms of success-streams despite Ayobabylon  immediately quoted me to say the contrary.

I gave my opinion on Beyoncé respectfully without attacking anybody.

Let's not act it's this fanbase that attack the others just because they're not kissing blindly who is more successful at the moment.

• paws up 1
  • thanks 3

On 3/3/2024 at 11:34 AM, Ben said:

Neither does Mariah, neither did Whitney, neither does Cher

Are you really trying to say that Beyoncé is in the same class as these excellent vocalists? +

Cher is an icon, don't come for her.

On 3/3/2024 at 11:34 AM, Ben said:

I accuse Beyonce of stealing my PopCorners. GUILTY!!!

Not Listening Dumb And Dumber GIF

arpoz3y_460sa.gif

On 3/3/2024 at 3:35 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Thats misogynist behviour lol 

bc all of them are talented 

I'm a Lady Gaga fan, we have different standards when it comes to talent.

ARTPOPster 1,855
On 3/3/2024 at 10:04 AM, MANiCURE1295 said:

:laughga: what number version is this? And I can’t believe she date says the “final new edition” 

gaga thoughts GIF

LMAO NOT A BLACK HEART

:rip:

• lol 1

On 3/2/2024 at 5:43 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Great performance 

Apparently anything is called great performance nowadays...