The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

ARTPOPster 1,810
On 3/2/2024 at 10:30 AM, Leptine said:

I don't recall it this way, the song sounded amazing and epic already the moment the trailer dropped, there was a part of this fanbase not liking it (as usual), but it had their supporter as well, the song was strong from day 1 to me.

It was not surprising to me the song became a classic-smash along with the success of the movie, clearly the song was also helped for the fact it plays in a key scene of the movie, the Oscar performance went viral, it was the core of the movie.

These are also the reasons for which ARUTW did so well in streaming.

You can't really compare it to SL or normal singles that can't count on a movie exposition.

As for HMH, it was for sure inferior to the ASIB songs and it played in the final credits, it made sense that with the movie being out in the Summer that the OneRepublic song smashed instead that was also playing in the middle of the movie.

It was divisive in the fan base upon release. 

• paws up 2

A Popster Is Born 10,470
On 3/2/2024 at 5:30 PM, Leptine said:

I don't recall it this way, the song sounded amazing and epic already the moment the trailer dropped, there was a part of this fanbase not liking it (as usual), but it had their supporter as well, the song was strong from day 1 to me.

It was not surprising to me the song became a classic-smash along with the success of the movie, clearly the song was also helped for the fact it plays in a key scene of the movie, the Oscar performance went viral, it was the core of the movie.

You can't really compare it to SL or normal singles that can't count on a movie exposition.

As for HMH, it was for sure inferior to the ASIB songs and it played in the final credits, it made sense that with the movie being out in the Summer that the OneRepublic song smashed instead that was also playing in the middle of the movie.

Well I'm not making this up, I remember Mark Ronson saying in an interview that they were very dubious about Shallow as a song and that it barely made the cut.

To me it just proves how much it's really hard to predict what will click or not with the audience. Obviously promo schedule is important but betting on a song to meet the success expectations is trully hard imo. It's also a question of luck and good timing

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,619
On 3/2/2024 at 5:34 PM, GraceRandolph said:

It was divisive in the fan base upon release. 

Well like I said to me it was strong since the trailer dropped and it wasn't surpising the song became a classic, but once again you can't compare it to her normal singles like SL or TC that you mentioned earlier, aside that the song is superior to me, it's also a totally different scenario, you can't take away the movie and the contest of that song.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,619
On 3/2/2024 at 5:43 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Well I'm not making this up, I remember Mark Ronson saying in an interview that they were very dubious about Shallow as a song and that it barely made the cut.

To me it just proves how much it's really hard to predict what will click or not with the audience. Obviously promo schedule is important but betting on a song to meet the success expectations is trully hard imo. It's also a question of luck and good timing

i don't doubt that, but right now it's not hard to understand why the song has became a smash, that was my point.

'Shallow' released as normal single without the movie contest probably it might not have became the same kind of hit, or a hit at all.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 3/2/2024 at 9:02 PM, China said:

Because only Texas is being shoved down our throats via autoplay, I'm a witness to that, which explains why her catalog hasn't received any boost on streams. It's also the reason why 16 Carriages, released with Texas, spent just 4 days on Global Spotify and is already doing 500k daily streams... Like, where's the interest in the rest of her stuff? It's very clear to me that Columbia did the same thing behind the scenes for her as they did for Miley with Flowers.

Again texas is #1 on AM 

Just say you are a misogynist or racist 

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 3/2/2024 at 10:00 PM, Leptine said:

Take my breath away was also an end credit song in Top Gun 1 though yet it was #1 

HmH was not crafted very well 

Some parts of the song are good but some are just obnoxious 

With TTH it could have had better peak but song was not a smash material 

IAW is definition of a generic bop that gp eats everytime 

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 3/2/2024 at 10:15 PM, Leptine said:

Well like I said to me it was strong since the trailer dropped and it wasn't surpising the song became a classic, but once again you can't compare it to her normal singles like SL or TC that you mentioned earlier, aside that the song is superior to me, it's also a totally different scenario, you can't take away the movie and the contest of that song.

Song was the major selling point of the trailer and it was given a centre spot 

I remember all irls catching the song and how prominent it sounded in the trailer 

it being an end credit song doesn't make sense at all

And gagas fanbase is generally those european gays who are allergic to good music and just want non stop club music full of edm beats so im not surprised they hated shallow from the very begining

Popster to Popster 3,908
On 3/2/2024 at 9:40 PM, China said:

PI safer? Only for those who are deaf.

To you, I love Stupid Love. Stupid Love, while not perfect, saved her streak of albums with Top 5 solo hits. Alice would have been the perfect lead single, but things happened as they had to.

Alice is a nice opener but it doesn't have a proper song structure to be a single 

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 10,470
On 3/2/2024 at 7:17 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Best song?? He must be joking.

To be honest another proof stans online don't have the general taste of music.

Most of my friends like Stupid Love and Chromatica. Remember one of them told me at the time 'I love the new Lady Gaga album, it's been ages I haven't like anything from her'

• paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,791
On 3/2/2024 at 6:21 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Most of my friends like Stupid Love and Chromatica. Remember one of them told me at the time 'I love the new Lady Gaga album, it's been ages I haven't like anything from her'

They should have streamed more then

ARTPOPster 1,810
On 3/2/2024 at 12:21 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

If Stupid Love had decent streams maybe I’d understand that argument but it didn’t do well. 

A Popster Is Born 10,470
On 3/2/2024 at 7:53 PM, BenG said:

They should have streamed more then

So are the stupid fans complaing daily on ATRL over the last 4 years about SL quality and the lack of streams while stopping supporting the album because 'ThEre's No ProMo' 

A Popster Is Born 10,470
On 3/2/2024 at 8:00 PM, GraceRandolph said:

If Stupid Love had decent streams maybe I’d understand that argument but it didn’t do well. 

Well let's wait and see for what's future holds anyway. LG7 will be the real turning point for us seeing if she can be strong in numbers with new release.

Chromatica was a out in a quite special moment, album following ASIB smash hype, being released during a worlwide crisis, her not caring that music about anything music related and so... 

LG7 will (if all goes well) be released in a normal time. So yeah it'll be the real moment seeing if she's a hit girl or a fad or something in between (my personal bet) :bebe:

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • thanks 1