The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

A Popster Is Born 10,464
On 2/28/2024 at 5:28 PM, Ayobabylon said:

She was working with andrew watt for rolling stones song 

Thats when he followed her 

and she was working on joker songs as said by herself when rolling stones called her and asked her give her vocals in the same studio 

Thats my theory 

Actually not they made the song very early 2023 far before he followed.

Popster to Popster 3,907
On 2/28/2024 at 10:25 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Actually not they made the song very early 2023 far before he followed.

Well if she was working on album since summer then it should have been ready by now 

Its been what 10 months? 

On 2/28/2024 at 6:45 AM, taylorgermanotta said:

I just finished listening to Erotica and no wonder it only has 70M streams. Literally unlistenable garbage. It's insane how Gen X and wannabe pretentious gays will have you believe the album is an avant-garde masterpiece.

Meanwhile, Abbey Road just surpassed 3 billion streams. When you make timeless music, you will have no problem adapting to new consumption methods. As simple as that.

Of course a Taylor Swift fan would post a comment as ridiculous as this. Erotica is one of Madonna's best albums, if not her best, it is a unique experience with no return, streams do not define what is best but what is most popular.

Popstanne 9,368

Erotica is a great album but Madonna's recurrent streams are not good for someone who is the Queen of Pop. Look at MJ, Queen's, The Beatles recurrent streams. 

• thanks 1

A Popster Is Born 10,464
On 2/28/2024 at 6:03 PM, Ayobabylon said:

Well if she was working on album since summer then it should have been ready by now 

Its been what 10 months? 

She was literaly working with a mixer on her last posts so yeah it may be done

I just feel she just want to take her time and give the best music, and that is not to blame honestly...

On 2/28/2024 at 2:10 PM, Arturo said:

Erotica is a great album but Madonna's recurrent streams are not good for someone who is the Queen of Pop. Look at MJ, Queen's, The Beatles recurrent streams. 

I'll say it again: numbers don't define what's best, only what's most popular.

Popstanne 9,368
On 2/28/2024 at 9:21 AM, China said:

I'll say it again: numbers don't define what's best, only what's most popular.

Yeah I don't think my post was disputing that. 

• paws up 1

On 2/28/2024 at 5:08 PM, China said:

Of course a Taylor Swift fan would post a comment as ridiculous as this. Erotica is one of Madonna's best albums, if not her best, it is a unique experience with no return, streams do not define what is best but what is most popular.

Yes. I stan one of the most acclaimed singer-songwriters of all-time. With that comes high standards

I planned on listening to True Blue and Like A Virgin but if you claim Erotica is the best then I will pass

Edited by taylorgermanotta

Popster This Way 897
On 2/29/2024 at 1:10 AM, Arturo said:

I hate to say that but I think part of the reason why they have more popularity among gen Z is that MJ/Freddie/John Lennon all died young

The problem of Madonna is that she stays under the spotlight for too long and the public now sees her as the old lady who pretends to be young instead of the legend who once dominated music industry 

• thanks 1
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 3,907
On 2/28/2024 at 10:48 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

She was literaly working with a mixer on her last posts so yeah it may be done

I just feel she just want to take her time and give the best music, and that is not to blame honestly...

I hope so its not like the case when she started teasing ARTPOP 14 months before the release 

Pop-a-911-ster 26,487
On 2/28/2024 at 1:29 PM, taylorgermanotta said:

Yes. I stan one of the most acclaimed singer-songwriters of all-time. With that comes high standards

I planned on listening to True Blue and Like A Virgin but if you claim Erotica is the best then I will pass

Taylor Swift does amazing folk, ballad, and pop songs. However, your initial point:

On 2/28/2024 at 5:45 AM, taylorgermanotta said:

I just finished listening to Erotica and no wonder it only has 70M streams. Literally unlistenable garbage. It's insane how Gen X and wannabe pretentious gays will have you believe the album is an avant-garde masterpiece.

is whether or not Erotica is avant-garde. So reviewing that Madonna album with the same standards as you would a Taylor Swift album that isn't experimental is not a fair assessment.

Popster This Way 897
On 2/29/2024 at 1:29 AM, taylorgermanotta said:

No female pop star is more acclaimed than Madonna during 80s-90s, she is the queen of pop and it’s a universal consensus.

And Taylor only makes GP friendly songs so the bar is pretty low(nothing wrong with that tho), please respect artists who is willing to push the boundaries and try different sounds

Popster to Popster 3,907
On 2/28/2024 at 11:12 PM, Gabi said:

No female pop star is more acclaimed than Madonna during 80s-90s, she is the queen of pop and it’s a universal consensus.

And Taylor only makes GP friendly songs so the bar is pretty low(nothing wrong with that tho), please respect artists who is willing to push the boundaries and try different sounds

Janet has atleast 2 albums which are better than ray of light but madonna was more consistent

Janet used to be so unhinged while representing her sexual needs in music 

• paws up 1

Popster This Way 897
On 2/29/2024 at 2:40 AM, ViviLittleM said:

kinda mad billie will win her second oscar before LG

Gaga is aiming for leading actress now, imagine if she manages to get another nomination :enigma:

Not expecting much to avoid meltdown but I hope JFAD push her acting career to the next level