The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

On 2/27/2024 at 10:50 AM, Miaou said:

Dua has no fanbase her success is based with the GP ( a rihanna teas before ANTI) so you can't except her to open hugely :katy_pie:

Before ANTI, Rihanna already had 6 albums debuting with over 100k in the US, two of them over 200k, are you sure you want to go there?

On 2/27/2024 at 10:56 AM, BenG said:

She just couldn't sell albums.

If Rihanna couldn't sell albums, then Dua Lipa doesn't have a career. Rihanna sold just 3M less than Gaga in pure album sales ww and, since her second studio album, she debuts with over 100k in the US. Dua's new album will open with Smile numbers, and, at best, will debut with FN numbers.

On 2/27/2024 at 12:14 PM, Miaou said:

Russian Roulette 

Hot 100 : 100-75-09-16-19-22-30-44-53-43-59-76-90-100 (14 weeks)

Houdini

HOT 100 11-33-52-51-59-57-59-26-29-29-25-30-22-25-22 (15 weeks and still charting)

not Houdini doing better than Russian Roulette in the US LMAO

:billie:

Billboard Radio Songs

Houdini: #7

Russian Roulette: #35

And even so, Russian Roulette managed to enter the Top 10, Houdini didn't. :awkney:

• paws up 1
  • lol 1

On 2/27/2024 at 12:18 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Yes, very  shocking that Rihanna’s least radio friendly song about a game involving risking killing yourself wasn’t her most popular single.

:billie: the picking and choosing is hilarious, Beng is really COMING with stats and I love to see it 

mind you, Dua wouldn’t even be able to chart with a song ala RR

Russian Roulette >>> any PayoLipa song

• lol 1

On 2/27/2024 at 12:40 PM, Miaou said:

that was not even the point :banana: 

Dua in her 3rd eras with her lead single Houdini did better in the US than Rih in her 3rd eras with her lead single RR :cm: and Rih had also smashes before :cm:

just a fact. I'm not saying Dua has a bigger career than Rih jesus :banana:

Rihanna's third era is GGGB, not Rated R, so you have to compare Houdini to... Umbrella. Good luck :awkney:

On 2/27/2024 at 2:15 PM, ConnorFilm said:

That’s it. I don’t want her releasing this year anymore. The amount of artists dropping is ridiculous at this point. 

Nobody cares, 99% of the fan base wants new music from her ASAP.

• thanks 1

On 2/27/2024 at 3:44 PM, Fame Romance said:

Chromatica has been certified PLATINUM in Canada (80k) :oscar:

It should be closer to 2xPlatinum but we’ll take the cert

It's definitely undercertified, as it sold 115k by mid-2021 in Canada. It's impossible that it hasn't sold 45k in the country in almost 3 years.

On 2/27/2024 at 4:04 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I really would love it if the new album sounds similar to this. It’s like a beefed up rock ballad

That would tank more than PI :ew:

On 2/27/2024 at 9:44 PM, Arturo said:

why does my brain remember the gimme shelter performance happening post-ARTPOP instead of pre-ARTPOP?

It was during the BTW Ball break, 2 months before she canceled the tour to have that hip surgery...

On 2/27/2024 at 10:14 PM, Arturo said:

Honestly the ARTPOP era was great if you just look at the entire Applause era (Aug - Oct 2013) and then the tour (May  - November 2014).

The DWUW era/Album Release/G.U.Y era was tragic though, I'll give y'all that. It makes the era so much worse, but I feel sympathy because around that time Troy left so everything was unexpectedly dysfuntional.

1. She should have released ARTPOP in 2012, she waited too long to release it (as always) and look what happened. If she had released it in 2012, there would have been no Applause x Roar mess, no DWUW controversy and no hate train.

2. Troy should never have left.

Popster to Popster 4,016

Nov Dec Jan Feb 

Its been 4 months that gaga started teasing new music 

This lowkey confirms that she started working on it from Nov 2023 

Not expecting album to release before July/August atp

Pop-a-911-ster 22,771

welp i hate my new job so: no new gaga era and my new personal era is traumatic(a) :crying:

if gaga went back chromatica, can i go back to my old firm :crying:

• hugs 10
  • sad 3