The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Popster to Popster 4,008
On 2/27/2024 at 6:40 PM, Aloe said:

She finally had ambition for that era and it truly paid off

need fad kar to have similar passion bc i fear she is gonna disappear again after the album for acting career so it would be nice to have a great timeless body of work to survive till 2030

Popster for Sale 41,795
On 2/27/2024 at 2:06 PM, Miaou said:

S&M debuted at #53 in the US

Only Girl In the World debuted at #75 in the US

What's my name debuted at #84 in the US

Where Have You Been debuted at #78 in the US

Stay debuted at #53 in the US

...etc

Before these songs Rih had monster smashes like Umbrella, SOS, Don't Stop the Music, Disturbia...etc 

S&M was released after the album

Only Girl was released on a Friday (tracking week started on Monday), jumped to #3 the next week

What's My Name debuted at #83 with radio points only, it jumped to #1 when released digitally

Where Have You Been was released after the album

Stay was released after the album

Post-album singles did not debut high in the digital era because you can't buy the single after already purchasing the album, unlike in the streaming era, where you can keep on contributing to chart points every week based on consumption. Even in the streaming era, post-album singles struggle to debut high because they are no longer new material dropping on release week.

Edited by BenG
  • paws up 2

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 2/27/2024 at 8:44 AM, Ayobabylon said:

Need her to confirm or deny lg-7 in 2024 rumours 

Its getting on my nerves i cant deal w it

Now we finally agree on something.

I'm exhausted at the pointless countdowns and endless baseless mental gymnastics about this release, I wish Blade wouldn't have said anything.

• sad 1

Pop-a-911-ster 39,289
On 2/27/2024 at 8:06 AM, BenG said:

Dua should be smashing BTW-style. Full stop.

Let's see whether she can still chart in the top 30 on her 7th album after Warner moves on to the next big artist

Pop Corn GIF by WWE

bestie beng comes for the kitties and GODUA’s neck. DAMN

• lol 1

Popster to Popster 4,621
On 2/27/2024 at 2:21 PM, taylorgermanotta said:

Kanye getting a smash in 2024. We hate to see it 

It amazes me how despite years and years of rants and doing the worst he hasn't been cancelled but instead the straights are still supporting him.

Meanwhile an Iggy Azalea was treated as if she killed a newborn back in the day basically over nothing with her career being over for good.

Edited by Leptine
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 1

Pop-a-911-ster 31,814
On 2/27/2024 at 3:20 PM, BenG said:

S&M was released after the album

Only Girl was released on a Friday (tracking week started on Monday), jumped to #3 the next week

What's My Name debuted at #83 with radio points only, it jumped to #1 when released digitally

Where Have You Been was released after the album

Stay was released after the album

Post-album singles did not debut high in the digital era because you can't buy the single after already purchasing the album, unlike in the streaming era, where you can keep on contributing to chart points every week based on consumption. Even in the streaming era, post-album singles struggle to debut high because they are no longer new material dropping on release week.

hum you made a point for Rih's stats but I'm still surprised Rih never managed to open hugely the first week after serving smash after smash every year

Popster for Sale 44,692
On 2/27/2024 at 2:25 PM, Leptine said:

It amazes me how despite years and years of rants and doing the worst he hasn't been cancelled but instead the straights are still supporting him.

Meanwhile an Iggy Azalea was treated as if she killed a newborn back in the day basically over nothing with her career being over for good.

Men are mostly immune to cancellation, his fans still ride for him and act as if he's a "misunderstood genius"/his actions are excused by mental problems/just don't care. Even the quality has dipped harshly and still he's getting this success.

Meanwhile Nicki has been free-falling on spotify artists by doing things that are much less grave than what Kanye's done.

The former is afforded the mental illness/subtance abuse etc. excuse, while the latter isn't.

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven
  • paws up 1

Popster for Sale 41,795
On 2/27/2024 at 2:29 PM, Miaou said:

hum you made a point for Rih's stats but I'm still surprised Rih never managed to open hugely the first week after serving smash after smash every year

Only Girl and WMN literally opened huge LMAO

Pop-a-911-ster 31,814

oh wow at Dua being the only female artist charting 3 songs in the top 50 on the HOT 100

#22 Houdini *released 4 months ago*

#27 Training Season 

#43 Dance The Night *released 9 months ago*

the longevity of DTN :applause: I remember it was categorized as a flop when it was released, houdini will probably serve the same longevity with the upcoming album :applause:

Dua is more than fine :applause:

Popster for Sale 41,795

Russian Roulette debuted at #100 (partial week), rose to #75, and leaped to #9 on its first full tracking week (with sales)

Only Girl debuted at #75 (partial week) and leaped to #3 on its first full tracking week

What's My Name debuted at #83 (partial week), rose to #60, and leaped to #1 on its first full tracking week (with sales)

We Found Love debuted at #16 (partial week) and rose to #9 on the first full tracking week (with sales)

You Da One debuted at #73 (partial week) and leaped to #14 on its first full tracking week

Diamonds debuted at #16 (partial week)

Work debuted at #9 (partial week)

Edited by BenG

Popster for Sale 41,795
On 2/27/2024 at 3:02 PM, Andreu said:

The topic switch :billie:

With two/three tracking days mind you

You're right. Let me edit :ohhh:

Popster for Sale 41,795

Russian Roulette (3rd album lead) was released in 2009, 4 years after Rih's breakout song, Pon de Replay.

Houdini (3rd album lead) was released in 2024, 6.5 years after Dua's breakout song, New Rules.

ARTPOPster 1,642
On 2/27/2024 at 8:25 AM, Leptine said:

Men get the benefit of the doubt more than often and women will get nitpicked for far less grievances.

Edited by Paradise is in my hands

Pop-a-911-ster 31,814
On 2/27/2024 at 4:10 PM, BenG said:

Russian Roulette (3rd album lead) was released in 2009, 4 years after Rih's breakout song, Pon de Replay.

Houdini (3rd album lead) was released in 2024, 6.5 years after Dua's breakout song, New Rules.

Russian Roulette 

Hot 100 : 100-75-09-16-19-22-30-44-53-43-59-76-90-100 (14 weeks)

Houdini

HOT 100 11-33-52-51-59-57-59-26-29-29-25-30-22-25-22 (15 weeks and still charting)

not Houdini doing better than Russian Roulette in the US LMAO

:billie:

Edited by Miaou

Pop-a-911-ster 39,289
On 2/27/2024 at 10:14 AM, Miaou said:

Russian Roulette 

Hot 100 : 100-75-09-16-19-22-30-44-53-43-59-76-90-100 (14 weeks)

Houdini

HOT 100 11-33-52-51-59-57-59-26-29-29-25-30-22-25-22 (15 weeks and still charting)

not Houdini doing better than Russian Roulette in the US LMAO

Yes, very  shocking that Rihanna’s least radio friendly song about a game involving risking killing yourself wasn’t her most popular single.

:billie: the picking and choosing is hilarious, Beng is really COMING with stats and I love to see it 

mind you, Dua wouldn’t even be able to chart with a song ala RR