The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

On 2/25/2024 at 12:49 PM, Leptine said:

And aside from that, I hope Gaga will explore and work with different directors like Yorgos, Jane Campion, Scorsese or Nolan.

The way Scorsese and Nolan keep doing movies with men as the center piece of the project and women having only supporting roles.

Their misogyny is insane!

Cuca GIF by TV Globo

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 3,430
On 2/25/2024 at 2:40 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Hum 👀

Knowing Gesaffestein is rumoured being involved in new music, I would totally love a collab with Abel

I would love a collab between them but knowing our luck it’s probably just a coincidence :bebe:

• paws up 1

On 2/25/2024 at 7:47 AM, totallyNOTentela said:

The way Scorsese and Nolan keep doing movies with men as the center piece of the project and women having only supporting roles.

Their misogyny is insane!

Cuca GIF by TV Globo

Nolan can end his streak by doing a horror film with Gaga as a lead.

• yaas, gaga 1

On 2/25/2024 at 1:39 PM, Leptine said:

It's already difficult for professional women directors with lot of background experience being taken seriously by the industry or you have a Bradley Cooper that gets tones of Oscar nominations for his movies, nominated at all the precursors for directing but getting snubbed at the Oscars, let's not mention this year Greta Gerwig snub for 'Barbie'.

Directing is literally the most elitary and difficult field of the movie industry, in order to be taken seriously she should do only that after years and years of assisting professional directors, they won't let her having glory on that field from day to night.

The Academy already refused to nominate her in Best Short Film for her basic music video, a directing category.

Commercially she might do well considering her fanbase would literally buy feces with her name on it.

Regardless, I don't want Gaga anywhere involved with her.

Do a lot of music videos get nominated for Best Short Film?  It's interesting how you call it basic but then also seem to imply she was snubbed lol 

Anyways, here for her breaking female director  boundaries. I, for one, think multiple pop-stars excelling in different fields is a cause for celebration. 

Edited by taylorgermanotta

Popster This Way 907
On 2/25/2024 at 10:32 PM, taylorgermanotta said:

Anyways, here for her breaking female director  boundaries. 

What boundaries did she break? I sincerely want to know that:enigma:

• lol 2

Popster to Popster 4,633
On 2/25/2024 at 3:32 PM, taylorgermanotta said:

Do a lot of music videos get nominated for Best Short Film?  It's interesting how you call it basic but then also seem to imply she was snubbed lol 

Anyways, here for her breaking female director  boundaries. I, for one, think multiple pop-stars excelling in different fields is a cause for celebration.

Nobody has the nerve to submit music videos in that Oscar category, it's a notorious category where they reward very talented rising directors out of film schools or established directors which work stand out, it's Taylor Swift who campaigned last year in order to get nominated there over a basic music video.

• paws up 3

A Popster Is Born 11,858
On 2/25/2024 at 10:18 AM, taylorgermanotta said:

Has Taylor really done much in the movie industry to warrant this conclusion? Seems more like wishful thinking tbh 

Not much but everything she did was ignored. She did tons of songs for movies and they nominated her 0 times. And the acclaimed music video that she tried to submitt as a SHORT FILM last year was... embarrassing

• thanks 1

On 2/25/2024 at 10:07 AM, taylorgermanotta said:

I'm not part of her team or a writer for the Daily Mail so idk why you're attacking me lol

And since when is Daily Mail a reliable source? :laughga: It doesn't make any sense for Dua to announce a stadium tour, firstly because she doesn't have the demand for it, secondly because her numbers have dropped a lot compared to FN.

Popstanne 8,166
On 2/25/2024 at 4:57 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Hopefully this coming week it can keep growing and get to a stable 1M :dean_scream:

I can see Chroma doing 1M next Fri/Sat

It will sit for sure above 1M when LG7 era kicks off (hopefully CBT film too)

Edited by Thrasher
  • paws up 1