The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Popster for Sale 44,328
On 2/24/2024 at 6:19 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Why do you think they’re nervous?

On 2/24/2024 at 6:17 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

It seems like Dua camp is nervous about her second album, considering the lukewarm reception of both singles so far. It's strange that she's still not giving away any info on the album. Maybe they are going back to the drawing board? 

A Popster Is Born 10,285

I trully love and support Dua Lipa and denying she is doing great is an obvious lie.

But let's not pretend the reception is a massive smash. It definitely not meet the expectations of the label and that could explain why the album run is taking so long to unfold (I mean like no album title or release date yet since she launched the era in November ? :leap:)

Her label was screaming in the press that they wanted the new era to smash as hard as FN and it's just not it, let's be totally honest on this. Still going very very good though. But next album will be a turning point imo

Edited by Moonlight Shadow
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 2

Popster for Sale 44,328
On 2/24/2024 at 6:26 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

I trully love and support Dua Lipa and denying she is doing great is an obvious lie.

But let's not pretend the reception is a massive smash. It definitely not meet the expectations of the label and that could explain why the album run is taking so long to unfold (I mean like no album title or release date yet since she launched the era in November ? :leap:)

Her label was screaming in the press that they wantrmed the new era tonsmash as hard as FN and it's just not it, let's be totally honest on this. Still going very very good though. But next album will be a turning point imo

Exactly she's obviously not tanking but it's very lukewarm. 

• love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 38,941

The fact that Dua STILL HAS NOT MANAGE TO CULTIVATE A STABLE FANBASE after an era like FN shouls really terrify her label

Every other pop girlie of her time like Billie and Olivia have cultivated a solid base that at least allows that to have a floor.

the fact that they still need to FORCE FEED her music to the masses in order for it to succeed is just odd.  Don’t get me wrong I really appreciate how her songs grow over time but that’s only cause they have so much payola spent on the song TO MAKE IT GET TO THAT POINT.

That’s just undeniable  

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 38,941

Imo someone like Dua after an era like FN should have NO ISSUES debuting top 20 at least and TS struggles to debut like top 40 

Edited by MANiCURE1295
  • paws up 1
  • thanks 4

ARTPOPster 1,238
On 2/24/2024 at 7:19 PM, DonnieDarko said:

Why do you think they’re nervous?

Because they spend more money on promotion than she actually earns from these singles

• thanks 1

On 2/24/2024 at 7:17 PM, SweetOreosOfHeaven said:

It seems like Dua camp is nervous about her second album, considering the lukewarm reception of both singles so far. It's strange that she's still not giving away any info on the album. Maybe they are going back to the drawing board? 

Warner is about to go bankrupt by the MASSIVE payola they’ve spent in the past 5 years for her nonstop residency on TTH only for her to still failing to crack top 10 on her own or even with payola on debut week.

It seems that their investment couldn’t elevate her higher than lower tier B list status.

Wouldn’t be surprised if she gets dropped after her next album cycle…post 30’s with no ability to sell albums or get hits is a MASSIVE red flag for labels.

The European Katy Perry indeed!

Cuca GIF by TV Globo

• thanks 1

Popster to Popster 4,481

I do think it’s obvious these black leather outfits, black glasses, black heart emojis are all clear signs what the look of LG7 will be like. 

Edited by ConnorFilm
  • paws up 4

A Popster Is Born 10,285
On 2/24/2024 at 7:59 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I do think it’s obvious these black leather outfits, black glasses, black heart emojis are all clear signs what the look of LG7 will be like. 

Maybe the album is done ? Andrew Watt doesn't seem to be in the studio anymore. And the last pictures from her were some mixing sessions, so who knows ? 

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,481
On 2/24/2024 at 1:01 PM, Moonlight Shadow said:

Maybe the album is done ? Andrew Watt doesn't seem to be in the studio anymore. And the last pictures from her were some mixing sessions, so who knows ? 

I’d be ecstatic if she uses Fortnite to kick off LG7. Game concert performance of the lead, playlisting, music video ready, etc. 

• paws up 4
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 26,426

My local radio station said Gaga is rumored ro release a concert film and said "Lady Gaga must have thought if Taylor and Beyoncé can do it, then I can too"

:dead:

• sad 1
  • lol 2