The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Popster to Popster 4,488

Now, Miley Cyrus is dropping something soon, a previously unreleased track that she worked on with Pharrell Williams. I don’t think I want Gaga to release the Spring anymore. It’s becoming so over saturated.

Edited by ConnorFilm
  • sad 1

Popstanne 9,735

Love On AM (12 hours, no small country):

#20 Brazil
#103 Switzerland
#119 Germany
#158 Ireland
#186 Netherlands

#142 US (POP only)

the first day numbers seemed to be underwhelming. Camila is also miss most of the time. It looks like Billie might end up being sole focus of interscope unless Gaga releases too.

• lol 2

Popster to Popster 4,634
On 2/23/2024 at 5:34 PM, lookwhatyoumademedo said:

Harry's House debuted with 521K. Do you honestly believe that Gaga could come anywhere close to 400K? I don't think that she can even debut with 100K. Chromatica did 274,000 with post-ASIB hype and high-profile collaborations. Now, Gaga will have no GP support and a shrinking fan base. Doing anything above 200K would be outstanding, and surpassing Chromatica would probably take some sort of a miracle (or extremely desperate gimmicks).    

I couldn't care less about Harry's House debut and I don't see the correlation with somebody as Gaga and her relative career.

Next.

Popster to Popster 4,634
On 2/23/2024 at 3:57 PM, Ayobabylon said:

We are talking about base point here based on normal hype and how music industry works now 

chromatica did 70k streaming units in USA 

Thats weak but album did decent debut on AM and wasnt stable on Spotify

no song except SC & alice debuted on Hot 100 

So lets consider 90k this time as Spotify grows 

Chromatica had tour bundles and 40% of total pure sales aka 200k was merch 

Which is excluded from debuts according to new billboard rules

So from where will she bring pure sales? Yep the variants and vinyls

1 variant won't sell 200k copies bc even midnights and 1989 TV sold 140k 

Now this number can rise if her lead single smashes and GP finds her concept interesting

'Chromatica' was an anomaly era for endless of various reasons that has been repeated ad nauseaum, using it as prediction for her next album that once again WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT doesn't make any sense.

Next.

Moderator 17,129

German album charts

#43 (+10) The Fame 208 weeks

The Fame is still the 20th longest charting album in Germany. Still the 5th longest charting album female artist. Metallicas Metallica is with 211 weeks the next milestone.

Billies debut is at #92 on the charts and close to falling off. It has 215 weeks and is close enough for Gaga to overtake it.

• paws up 7
  • yaas, gaga 1

Pop-a-911-ster 29,757
On 2/23/2024 at 7:51 PM, Arturo said:

Imagine the Gaga lashings if Telephone was also her last #1

the lashings are coming from other fanbases because her last solo #1 hit is from 2009

• lol 1

A Popster Is Born 11,859
On 2/23/2024 at 2:54 PM, Arturo said:

Taylor is not getting 2 AOTY's for consecutive studio albums let alone consecutive years.

Most recently they nominated her for evermore after folklore's win and it lost. They'll nominate her to throw her a bone but if Taylor gets another AOTY it won't be TTPD.

I would love to agree with you but... I dont know. She won it 4 times which is insane :rip:

It would be so messy if she wins it over Beyonce again though. Twitter fans will be MAD

• thanks 1

Popstanne 9,408
On 2/23/2024 at 11:02 AM, ViviLittleM said:

the lashings are coming from other fanbases because her last solo #1 hit is from 2009

Shallow is one of the biggest hits of all time in the UK. Currently 5x Platinum with 3M units sold headed for 6x soon enough. of course they're seething and frothing at the mouth over it and clinging to the idea that Bradley being on it lessens its impact as a massive hit for her 10+ years into her career. Very dumb behavior. @Delusional teas.

• paws up 5
  • thanks 1
  • yaas, gaga 1

Moderator 17,129
On 2/23/2024 at 8:04 PM, Doncho said:

I would love to agree with you but... I dont know. She won it 4 times which is insane :rip:

It would be so messy if she wins it over Beyonce again though. Twitter fans will be MAD

Maybe Bey should release in an off year for Taylor :icant:

It will probably a posthumous album then though :bebe:

• lol 2

Popster This Way 756
On 2/23/2024 at 6:02 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I remember people thought Joanne wouldn't even open with 200K. Chromatica opened with almost 300K. The hype around her isn't as big right now because ASIB really caused her to repeak back in 2019, but Joker 2 will surely cause excitement around her once again. If her team is smart, they will use the hype around that movie to sell LG7. And even if it doesn't open to 200K at least, they might pivot and play the longevity came, trying to make sure the album doesn't fall out of the top 10 of the B200 in just a few weeks. 

Totally, I think they're going for longevity.

Popster for Sale 44,834
On 2/23/2024 at 7:30 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Chromatica and Joanne had their biggest updates of the year.

Very underwhelming update. I was expecting a lot better considering the hype around her announcement. 

Pop-a-911-ster 26,549
On 2/23/2024 at 3:30 PM, MANiCURE1295 said:

Chromatica and Joanne had their biggest updates of the year.

BTW (song) dropping 1 position despite its fortnite exposure :dead: