The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

Popster to Popster 4,623
On 2/19/2024 at 10:12 PM, GraceRandolph said:

Maybe rock is about to make a comeback. It had a resurgence in the mid 2000s if I remember correctly. 

Linking Park, Blink 182, Evanescence were huge in early 00s. Just to name few.

If you release the right rock song, you have a timeless hit on your hands, tones of rock songs from those years or the 90s have billion of streams.

• paws up 2

Popstanne 9,391
On 2/19/2024 at 3:26 PM, BloodyRain said:

Only one February Friday left. If she not announces tomorrow we can say goodbye to February. I hope for a lead in March or I think we will say goodbye to 2024

I genuinely do not understand how if she doesnt release within the next month the window shifts to 2025

• paws up 4
  • thanks 3

Popster for Sale 44,754
On 2/19/2024 at 11:39 PM, Arturo said:

I genuinely do not understand how if she doesnt release within the next month the window shifts to 2025

And if she doesn't announce tomorrow we can say goodbye to february when we're little more than halfway through the month:rip:

Edited by SweetOreosOfHeaven

On 2/19/2024 at 5:39 PM, Arturo said:

Because the chances of her releasing during the JFAD press cycle are slim. 

• thanks 1

Popstanne 9,391

Apple Music never really taking off globally and now its losing its impact in the US. I wonder if its mostly people switching from AM to Spotify because of the UI or Spotify just growing so much more rapidly among new streamers that its eating more of the marketshare.

• paws up 1

Popster to Popster 4,487
On 2/19/2024 at 6:18 PM, Arturo said:

Apple Music never really taking off globally and now its losing its impact in the US. I wonder if its mostly people switching from AM to Spotify because of the UI or Spotify just growing so much more rapidly among new streamers that its eating more of the marketshare.

I have Apple Music and like it, but I do think I’m switching to Spotify once my membership ends this year. My husband has it and we can save money with a joint account. Ready for my SL streaming farms! 

• paws up 1

Popstanne 9,391
On 2/19/2024 at 5:19 PM, ConnorFilm said:

I have Apple Music and like it, but I do think I’m switching to Spotify once my membership ends this year. My husband has it and we can save money with a joint account. Ready for my SL streaming farms! 

My bf uses Apple Music (mind you, he's the main demo for it considering all he streams is Drake, Kanye, and Travis Scott :rip:) but it p*sses me off when he asks me to change or a queue a song cause I feel like the UI/UX is so bad and counterintuitive compared to Spotify.

• paws up 2

Popstanne 9,391
On 2/19/2024 at 6:09 PM, GraceRandolph said:

What’s the issue with radio and Gaga? Why have they not supported her since 2013?

It has slowly gotten better since the lows of 2016-2017.

Radio Songs peak on the left / Pop Songs on the right

PI #49 / #22

MR #19 / #17

The Cure #46 / #20

Shallow #10 / #19

Stupid Love #18 / #11

ROM #15 / #10

HMH #33 / #19

Bloody Mary #13 / #10

Every song since ASIB era has either gone Top 10 overall or Top 10 on Pop except SL and HMH.

• paws up 3
  • love 1

Popster to Popster 4,016
On 2/20/2024 at 3:18 AM, Leptine said:

Linking Park, Blink 182, Evanescence were huge in early 00s. Just to name few.

If you release the right rock song, you have a timeless hit on your hands, tones of rock songs from those years or the 90s have billion of streams.

Linkin park was amazing and chester was the reason they had best selling albums back to back and quality songs 

I dont think ga has the crisp of his voice but she can do a lot of interesting things with the production like they use to 

Some of the Linkin park music is timeless

Popster to Popster 4,016
On 2/20/2024 at 7:39 AM, GraceRandolph said:

What’s the issue with radio and Gaga? Why have they not supported her since 2013?

Maybe she didn't have a song which could work well on radios 

PI SL rom shallow none gives a radio hit vibe 

ARUTW could have done well ig but then they didn't even make it a single 

The Fame Popster 386
Spoiler

Hi, long time lurker here, finally signed on here. I was also on the GGD charts thread.

My two cents about radio & Gaga:

There was an article about Interscope being the only label not being associated with Payola and given the fact that radio was actually supportive of her recent singles until the callout scores were released Interscope is known for pulling the plug right away when the callout scores are not good.

Dua's Levitating also got horrible callout scores initially but her label were giving the single chances to improve over time. 

The things with Gaga is many of her singles need time to get appreciated by the GP. Shallow and MR needed the Oscars and the Superbowl for the re-service and radio push. 

Plus this is not only a problem involving Gaga as Interscope also botched the album rollout including radio run for the singles for the sophomore albums of Billie and Olivia. 

Edited by nattuggla89
  • paws up 2
  • love 1

Pop-a-911-ster 30,382
On 2/20/2024 at 1:05 AM, Arturo said:

Inb4 LG7 Apple Music exclusive deal

Sorry if I am out of the loop more than I should but what does the quote tweet have to do with the chart prediction? 

Popstanne 9,391
On 2/19/2024 at 10:16 PM, Andreu said:

Sorry if I am out of the loop more than I should but what does the quote tweet have to do with the chart prediction? 

I think they're basically saying that if AM had more impact (like it used to) then the chart would look very different. For example, yes and? would be way lower since its bombing on AM

• paws up 1
  • thanks 1