The Journey Continues - Chromatica Ball on MAX- Charts Discussion Thread

PanPikus

A Popster Is Born 16,835

Currently addicted to Country Music and Yellowstone Series..

I'm becoming a RedNeck mefears :billie:

• lol 1

ARTPOPster 1,857
On 2/12/2024 at 9:35 PM, FRANZGA said:

I'm becoming a RedNeck mefears :billie:

Get some tight fitting jeans :gaycat:

Popster to Popster 3,929
On 2/13/2024 at 8:08 AM, GraceRandolph said:

I feel like when she wins it’ll be like in her 60s with a really underwhelming album. :rip:

I think same 

Pop-a-911-ster 22,762

i know i will "forgive" her everything once she releases but the time between eras can be insufferable. She hides for months, then teases something, then goes into hiding again and we have no clue when we can actually hope for new music. 

It seems that her team learned from the leaks from last time, so hopefully Booby atleast read some wikihow articles about managing someone besides making coffee and vacationing all the time

Edited by boobatella
  • paws up 2
  • thanks 8
  • lol 3

On 2/12/2024 at 11:38 PM, boobatella said:

i know i will "forgive" her everything once she releases but the time between eras can be insufferable. She hides for months, then teases something, then goes into hiding again and we have no clue when we can actually hope for new music. 

It seems that her team learned from the leaks from last time, so hopefully Booby atleast read some wikihow articles about managing someone besides making coffee and vacationing all the time

If she takes another long break between main albums again she’s gonna lose a good chunk of the fanbase. 

• paws up 1
  • thanks 2

Pop-a-911-ster 30,375

Also, the biggest "competition" (i dont like seeing it this way but you get what I mean) both in the possibility of winning a pop solo/pop vocal album over Gaga and blocking her in the BB charts is Taylor and she releases every other week so it makes no sense for her to postpone a release to avoid competition

• paws up 2

Popster to Popster 3,929
On 2/13/2024 at 11:18 AM, GraceRandolph said:

If she takes another long break between main albums again she’s gonna lose a good chunk of the fanbase. 

She needs to cater to a new demography now bc with her current tactics she is losing the 22-35 ages gays as well 

yk they will be busy w their lives too and she will have 20 fans left 

gen z is blissfully unaware of her existence (except for tiktok era) 

She once used to have chokehold on every kind of demography from a 10 yo kid to a 40 yo madonna stan 

She has lost the grip and that visible in her touring numbers and even her streams 

A Popster Is Born 10,471
On 2/13/2024 at 7:03 AM, Ayobabylon said:

She needs to cater to a new demography now bc with her current tactics she is losing the 22-35 ages gays as well 

yk they will be busy w their lives too and she will have 20 fans left 

gen z is blissfully unaware of her existence (except for tiktok era) 

She once used to have chokehold on every kind of demography from a 10 yo kid to a 40 yo madonna stan 

She has lost the grip and that visible in her touring numbers and even her streams 

To be hobest the 20-35 gays are actually the demographic that saved ARTPOP and Chromatica to be real commercial disasters and ending up as doing okay. So yeah she should definitely not neglect that audience imo.

• paws up 1

A Popster Is Born 11,554

I know this is charts thread, we love charts etc etc but idk why some of you care THAT much about Grammys (read scammys) or being on top of charts. Talking about cultural impact and others.. You forgot that her most culturally impactful album Born This Way was also released in the pop music prime with big competition from everybody and lost all the Grammys? And she was FINE. And she is 16 years into the business. She doesn't have to be a top musician topping all the charts to be relevant. 

• paws up 3
  • thanks 1
  • love 1

ARTPOPster 1,857
On 2/13/2024 at 1:58 AM, Moonlight Shadow said:

To be hobest the 20-35 gays are actually the demographic that saved ARTPOP and Chromatica to be real commercial disasters and ending up as doing okay. So yeah she should definitely not neglect that audience imo.

While that is true for those eras, it was the older/wine mom audience that frankly revived her career after Joanne, thanks to ASIB. 

A Popster Is Born 10,471
On 2/13/2024 at 8:00 AM, Ben said:

While that is true for those eras, it was the older/wine mom audience that frankly revived her career after Joanne, thanks to ASIB. 

Honestly Joanne is a special case it started with a real reject from both the fanbase and the GP. Perfect Illusion is the biggest tank of her career and Million Reasons had real issues growing. Superbowl saved Joanne tbh.

ASIB is a GP darling. Mainly because she was not showcasing herself, let's be real. And she admitted it herself.

So yeah in my opinion she just should release her stuff, be real to herself and see if it connects or not. Not just chasing charts sucess and critics praising.

• paws up 4
  • thanks 1

Popstanne 9,703
On 2/13/2024 at 11:41 AM, taylorgermanotta said:

They finally realized that 25M yearly was not worth it huh?

Idk 25M yearly for sitting on chair seems more than worth it for almost every celebrity. Especially Katy considering her state of career